“Pleasant but Noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Grover Beach B&B and Inns
California
“Pleasant but Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I recently stayed at the Seaview Inn for a family function in the area. Initially the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a downstairs room that was ok at first, but we found that the walls were very thin when first our next door neighbor yelled at us to shut up at 10:00, and then our upstairs neighbors checked in after midnight and proceeded to tramp up and down the stairs, move furniture (it sounded like) and then take multiple showers with the noisy plumbing reverberating in our ears. Cars entering and exiting the parking lot were nearly as disturbing. I would recommend an upstairs room, on the end. Unfortunately we had to check out the next day to return home unexpectedly, and the once friendly staff became irate and hostile - even while they were renting the 2 rooms we checked out of as we were leaving the office! Fortunately for the rest of my family they had a pleasant stay. The proximity to the beach and train station is a plus - just bring ear plugs!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
PlanoTX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

I went to CA on business, and one of my friends suggested I try the Seaview Inn at the Beach. I was there for a week in the fall. I was so impressed with the hotel that I took my family back at Christmas for a vacation.

The staff is outstanding, rooms above clean, and the hotel has many extra services without extra fees.
Parking is included without charge!!!

This is the first time that I have ever written a recommondation for anything. I just wanted to tell everone that the Seaview is an Outstanding Find.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2006

clean rooms with great ocean views-two blocks from ocean-attentave staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2005

Me and my family stayed at the SeaView Inn for exactly 2 days. The rooms were really clean, with the 3 minute walk to the beach it was a great convienence. We had a great time with awesome staff and fair prices

• Stayed May 2005
los angeles,california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2005

Wife and I rode Amtrak to Grover Beach Station. Perfect overnight getaway. Seaview is about a 10min walk from station. The Seaview is Simple, but very Clean. It looks like the hotel was revovated recently. Microwave/Fridge in room a plus. Owners are Very Friendly.

Seaview is right in the heart of Grover Beach and is only about 1 blk from Irish pub and Pizza. Perfect after a long day at the beach.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2003

My husband and I stayed at the Seaview Inn over the fourth of July weekend this year. We were extremely impressed with the low rates when we booked the room. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised to find the staff very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean, large and had a microwave, small refrigerator and coffee machine. We would definitely stay there again and be glad to take our children with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grover Beach
BEST WESTERN Casa Grande Inn
BEST WESTERN Casa Grande Inn
#2 of 4 in Arroyo Grande
4.0 of 5 stars 653 reviews

Been to Seaview Inn? Share your experiences!