“Don't waste your vacation in their cabins...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Yosemite Lakes RV Resort to your Saves list
Yosemite Lakes RV Resort
2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   31191 Hardin Flat Rd, Groveland, CA 95321   |
Greater Los Angeles Area
“Don't waste your vacation in their cabins...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

From the moment that we arrived, this trip was doomed to be terrible. When we checked in, we were informed that the restroom was out of order and that we would have to use the porta-potties for the duration of our trip. We were then told that the porta-potties were "full" and we should walk 1/2 mile to the closest bathroom. When we arrived at our cabin, someone was trying to get the restroom pump working, but ended up spewing raw sewage down the hill, sending a wave of nauseating fumes all over the campsite. Ughhh... this scene repeated itself several times before we had the pleasure of checking out. As for the cabin itself, it had trash in it when we arrived, and more spiders than you could shake a stick at. All of this for $80.00 a night? I could have stayed at a motel for that much and still had money left over for dinner instead of having to cook it myself. Needless to say, we will not be returning here any time soon! Stay in El Portal, but not here.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
SF Bay Area, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

We stayed at this campground last week & were disappointed. The location is great, just a few minutes from the west gate of Yosemite. Most campers get up early to go into the national park & then come back in the evening. This is part of a private resort and tent campers are not allowed in most areas, including the beach area, meadow, playground.

The area for tent campers was too crowded. The web site promises a campsite with space for 4 people, 2 tents, & a car. We had one tent, one car. I had to park my car about 5 feet from our tent door. My neighbor's car was parked right next to my car. My other neighbor's picnic table was about 5 feet from the back of our tent and their tent was set up about 10 feet away. Every site has a small street light which made it hard for me to sleep at night. My neighbors weren't noisy, but we could hear everything that they said & did. I didn't realize how tense I was until one of the sites next to us was empty & it suddenly got a lot quieter. The closest trash (not counting the shower) was up a steep hill 1/2 mile away at the gas station for the resort. One employee warned against using the trails since they hadn't been maintained in a few years & we could lose the trail. We ate one meal in the car because of the wasps.

One reason I picked this park was because it offered flush toilets and hot showers. The showers were locked from 10 pm to 8 am and the flush toilets inside were completely blocked off so they could not be used. Because the showers were locked at night, there were no sinks, no mirrors available (this upset my teenagers a lot). The campground provided chemical toilets for the tent campers. The toilets were pitch black at night. On Friday I saw the same trash on the floor of the shower as I did on Monday.

I've been a camper all of my life & this was the first time I found myself being so annoyed while camping. My vacation days with my kids are precious to me & I found myself apologizing over & over for taking them to such a bad place to camp.

Stayed August 2007
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

Our stay in the Yurt was our first time.
They are very clean and well maintained. Would have like to have clean towels changed out each day...but this isn't an amenity....they figure you are 'camping'. Refrigerator was a nice size...stove top--two burners--microwave...and gas grill on the deck...automatic fire place was good. Bedspread could be updated. Overall, it was a fun and different way of staying.

• Liked — Something unique
  • Disliked — The faraway drive to the valley of Yosemite.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Yosemite Lakes RV Resort? Share your experiences!