“An Exquisite Getaway...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Groveland
Sacramento CA
“An Exquisite Getaway...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Recently, I was invited to speak on Customer Service, Celebrity Experiences in Sonora, CA.
My host and Innkeeper, Dr. Ann Shafer made accommodations at All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B.

Upon arriving after a very long week of work, preparation and working with clients, phone calls, you know...the stress, I was taken to a couple of rooms to choose from. With the great greeting and resourceful staff, I felt like I was "sneaking away" for a few crisp hours to be treated like a Celebrity during my stay

As I unpacked, I was greeted by one of the hosts with a choice bottle of wine. WOW! Was I impressed. The spa tub was just another "spa like" getaway to enjoy and soak my cares and sore aching back!

The Inn, just off the main entrance into Groveland, gateway to Yosemite, presented itself a quiet, luxurious mountain retreat with Alpine ambience, cozy and rejuvenating ...an escape for yourself , or to treat that someone special to an intimate weekend or just celebrate special occasions...resulting in an unforgettable Victorian/New England Celebrity Style Getaway!

While your there...remember...it's the gateway to the breathtaking Yosemite National Park in which I caught another glimpse of Great Customer Service as they rolled the Red Carpet Out...

Perfect Accommodations with shopping and food....pizza too....Groveland ...Perfect for ALL SEASONS...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Zwolle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

Although the room was cute enough and the lady that checked us in was nice (but unorganised), we were very dissatisfied with this B&B. Breakfast was a joke. It was noting but throwaways and there was no table to sit at. Also the glamourous steam room didn't work and because the entire staff left the building at 7 pm, we couldn't get anyone to fix it. Ofcourse there was a telephonenumber for emergencies, but we hardly thought this an emergency.
When I sent an email later on about my complaints I never received a reply. Not even a quick 'sorry'. So I'd say the service is pretty bad.
Also, it's more than an hour drive to Yosemites Valley.

In short, we're never going back.

• Liked — Cute room
  • Disliked — Breakfast, service and malfunctioning steam room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arcadia, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

This little B&B is so cute! While the breakfast is a little on the light side, all thing's considered, it seems appropriate for the kind of property they have. (Couldn't be more than 8 rooms, so it's a little much to expect a full buffet)
Anyway, the room itself was really quaint. Well-designed, well-appointed. Great color-scheme, really comfortable bed. Jacuzzi tub was just what we needed after a long hike through some unexpectedly large snow banks.
The fireplace was a nice touch.
Couple cons, check-in was between 4 and 6. I guess there was a phone where you can call the owner, and she would come down to check you in after hours, but even still, we felt a little pressed to drive down from the park on time.
Second, no door between the bedroom and bathroom. just a sheer curtain. That's something I can't say I'm quite used to.
Overall, we were pleasantly surprised by this place. Rates weren't exorbitant, either.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

I didn't read the reviews on TripAdvisor until after I booked the room and I was worried that I had made a terrible mistake. Not so. Its almost as if some of these reviewers stayed in a different B&B! I travel a lot and have been to many B&Bs and although this is really more of an inn (breakfast is self serve and rudimentary), I would rank it in the top 75th %-ile for the price. The main reason is that the rooms are truly original, each with a different motif and color scheme, and very attractive. The resulting atmosphere is romantic and cozy. We had a 2-person jacuzzi which felt great after a long hike. Another room had a steam room.
The main cons are distance from YNP (but duh, you can see that on the map) and the simple bkfst. However, unlike some B&B's in the area, the All Seasons is on the main drag, with plenty of food options you can walk to. One other con is the very conservative reservation cancellation policy (30 days!) so you better be sure you're going, rain or shine.

• Liked — Attractive room
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Riemst, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

We booked 2 nights at the big creek meadow ranch (same owner) but when we arriverd apparently there was a overbooking problem so we had to spend our 2e night at this place. Quite disappointing compared to the ranch ...
Breakfast was a joke; no view; boring ...
OK, more luxuary than the ranch but that's not what we were looking for ...

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

The room (Emerald Pool) was cozy and cutely decorated. That being said, it was tiny, the woman who greeted us was not the least bit welcoming, and the breakfast is a joke. It should be billed as an Inn with a lousy continental breakfast, not a B&B. All you get before a day of hiking in Yosemite is pre-packaged English muffins and kid's juice boxes. Way overpriced.

• Liked — The room was very clean
  • Disliked — The breakfast was not at all what I would expect from a B&B
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sunnyvale, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2007

My wife booked a room online for my birthday. Realizing we made a mistake with the date, we called them directly to cancell within 5 minutes of booking. After speaking with 3 different people, we were assured that our 5 minute reservation was cancelled and not charged. Three weeks later we got charged $180 for a room we never stayed at. I spoke with Ann the Inn Keeper thinking it was a simple mistake and she pretty much told me I was a liar and that the reservation was never cancelled.

From this experience, I think this place is hurting for money because they'll stick it to you if they can. Since we did pay for a night, I feel I'm allowed to comment on their horrible customer service. Please read further reviews before booking or don't stay here all together.

Stayed May 2007

Been to All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B? Share your experiences!