“Breakfast is a joke, no service” 2 of 5 stars

All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18656 Main Street, Groveland, CA 95321   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Groveland
Zwolle
“Breakfast is a joke, no service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

Although the room was cute enough and the lady that checked us in was nice (but unorganised), we were very dissatisfied with this B&B. Breakfast was a joke. It was noting but throwaways and there was no table to sit at. Also the glamourous steam room didn't work and because the entire staff left the building at 7 pm, we couldn't get anyone to fix it. Ofcourse there was a telephonenumber for emergencies, but we hardly thought this an emergency.
When I sent an email later on about my complaints I never received a reply. Not even a quick 'sorry'. So I'd say the service is pretty bad.
Also, it's more than an hour drive to Yosemites Valley.

In short, we're never going back.

• Liked — Cute room
  • Disliked — Breakfast, service and malfunctioning steam room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Arcadia, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2008

This little B&B is so cute! While the breakfast is a little on the light side, all thing's considered, it seems appropriate for the kind of property they have. (Couldn't be more than 8 rooms, so it's a little much to expect a full buffet)
Anyway, the room itself was really quaint. Well-designed, well-appointed. Great color-scheme, really comfortable bed. Jacuzzi tub was just what we needed after a long hike through some unexpectedly large snow banks.
The fireplace was a nice touch.
Couple cons, check-in was between 4 and 6. I guess there was a phone where you can call the owner, and she would come down to check you in after hours, but even still, we felt a little pressed to drive down from the park on time.
Second, no door between the bedroom and bathroom. just a sheer curtain. That's something I can't say I'm quite used to.
Overall, we were pleasantly surprised by this place. Rates weren't exorbitant, either.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

I didn't read the reviews on TripAdvisor until after I booked the room and I was worried that I had made a terrible mistake. Not so. Its almost as if some of these reviewers stayed in a different B&B! I travel a lot and have been to many B&Bs and although this is really more of an inn (breakfast is self serve and rudimentary), I would rank it in the top 75th %-ile for the price. The main reason is that the rooms are truly original, each with a different motif and color scheme, and very attractive. The resulting atmosphere is romantic and cozy. We had a 2-person jacuzzi which felt great after a long hike. Another room had a steam room.
The main cons are distance from YNP (but duh, you can see that on the map) and the simple bkfst. However, unlike some B&B's in the area, the All Seasons is on the main drag, with plenty of food options you can walk to. One other con is the very conservative reservation cancellation policy (30 days!) so you better be sure you're going, rain or shine.

• Liked — Attractive room
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Riemst, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

We booked 2 nights at the big creek meadow ranch (same owner) but when we arriverd apparently there was a overbooking problem so we had to spend our 2e night at this place. Quite disappointing compared to the ranch ...
Breakfast was a joke; no view; boring ...
OK, more luxuary than the ranch but that's not what we were looking for ...

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

The room (Emerald Pool) was cozy and cutely decorated. That being said, it was tiny, the woman who greeted us was not the least bit welcoming, and the breakfast is a joke. It should be billed as an Inn with a lousy continental breakfast, not a B&B. All you get before a day of hiking in Yosemite is pre-packaged English muffins and kid's juice boxes. Way overpriced.

• Liked — The room was very clean
  • Disliked — The breakfast was not at all what I would expect from a B&B
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sunnyvale, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2007

My wife booked a room online for my birthday. Realizing we made a mistake with the date, we called them directly to cancell within 5 minutes of booking. After speaking with 3 different people, we were assured that our 5 minute reservation was cancelled and not charged. Three weeks later we got charged $180 for a room we never stayed at. I spoke with Ann the Inn Keeper thinking it was a simple mistake and she pretty much told me I was a liar and that the reservation was never cancelled.

From this experience, I think this place is hurting for money because they'll stick it to you if they can. Since we did pay for a night, I feel I'm allowed to comment on their horrible customer service. Please read further reviews before booking or don't stay here all together.

Stayed May 2007
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

My husband and I were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary the weekend we found this inn. It was such a relief to find this quaint, quiet and cozy Inn after the original place we reserved wasn't fit for anyone to stay in.

Our room, Emerald Pool, was very nice. The bathroom had a toilet, sink and shower. Other rooms offer jacuzzi tubs and showers. We were able to have a nice relaxing weekend here. A complimentary breakfast is included which is the typical (at least typical for us) english muffins, fruit, instant oatmeal, yogurt, coffee and juice that you help yourself too. If you are looking for a more elaborate or hot meal this isn't the place for breakfast. My husband and I both really enjoyed our stay and had some nice conversations with the owner and a staff person. We'd both stay here again if we were planning to stay in Groveland.

The town of Groveland is small but there are a few different types of restaurants in town - all within walking distance from the inn. One night we ate at Cafe Charlotte and we're very impressed with the quality of food we received. Also, if you like espresso - there is a store across the street from the inn that has very good espresso, that is according to my husband and he is picky about his coffee. :) Also, if you want a good pizza don't forget to check out PJ's.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B? Share your experiences!