“Great accomodations, friendly innkeeper. Sent parents there too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast
You added Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
22830 Ferretti Road, Groveland, CA 95321   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Groveland B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Postdoc
“Great accomodations, friendly innkeeper. Sent parents there too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

We stayed at this B&B twice, and enjoyed it so much that I sent my parents there with their friends. Great atmosphere, tasty breakfast. I think a good time was had by all, and would recommend the Yosemite Rose to any traveller.

• Liked — Clean rooms, great breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

My boyfriend and I stay at this beautiful mansion once a year. We just got back from our second trip and enjoyed every minute of our time there. Last year he had a fever and resting in the room did just the trick. This year we had just finished hiking Half Dome and we melted into the bed. When we arrived around 10:30 at night, we saw a large note for us on the front door directing us to our room and welcoming us to Don and Kay's home. In the morning I played with the cat and dog and read outside near the veranda, soaking in the sun. It's such a beautiful spot - I hope to share it with my family and friends in the future. Grandma kept me company in the morning, chatting with me about books she's read and the history of the area. She's so sharp and full of light. The breakfast is amazing, love the Restoration Hardware towels which are very luxe and the bed is quite comfortable. Bathrooms are spare but clean and sufficient. I prefer the upstairs rooms since they have more light and are further away from the movement in the kitchen where the delicious breakfast is prepared. All around, quite a steal and a gem with decent access to Yosemite and on the way back to SF. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did.

• Liked — The rooms and breakfast
  • Disliked — The bathroom is a little dated
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

The Yosemite Rose B&B is actually a relatively new facility based on the design of an historic Victorian home (in San Jose as I recall). The property is on a large acreage the owners used as a getaway for many years before retiring and constructing the Inn a few years back. It is convenient to Groveland, and is about 5 miles closer to the Park than Groveland (it's still a pretty good drive into the Park ... about 45 minutes). We stayed 4 nights and so got a pretty good feel for the place. I think almost all guests use it as we did, a jumping off point for going into the Park. Considering Groveland's size, it's surprisingly easy to get a good meal there (a grill with good burgers and over priced beer, a couple of "real" hotel restaurants with surprisingly good fare, a perfectly fine Mexican, and a really good pizza place despite its lack of ambience). There's also a good market in the town. The Inn provides an excellent country breakfast based around scrambled eggs, with fresh fruit, bacon/sausage, etc. The Inn has a parlor with grand piano, a living room, and a room complete with pool table. Rooms are a bit small, but include a closet and have central heat/air available to them. Bathrooms are cramped with no place to put makeup or shaving gear, but otherwise are perfectly clean and functional. We had 2 rooms (Brenda and Eduardo). Eduardo is on the ground floor and has the disadvantage of noise from Breakfast preparations, which begin early. The one suggestion I would make to the owners is to put a small refrigerator in each room. We've stayed in Groveland before and found the Inn to be a good bit better than the accommodations there, plus it's more convenient to the Park. I am happy to recommend it.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bathroom size
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

The Yosemite Rose exceeded my expectations in every way. The Victorian mansion is actually new construction with all of the amenities you would expect in a new home…great bathrooms, central heat and air conditioning…etc… The breakfasts are great and very generous….I don’t think I managed to clean my plate even once. I was able to eat breakfast at 8:30 and be on the trails in Yosemite Valley before 10:00. From there I had all day to enjoy hiking and taking too many pictures before my return to the B & B for a soak in a hot tub. ...my idea of a perfect day.

The host and hostess are warm and inviting offering great suggestions and recommendations. They are genuinely nice people and I could tell they just wanted me to have a great time in Groveland and the Yosemite Valley. I took advantage of the horseback riding which was lots of fun and had several long walks around the Yosemite Rose property…it is just beautiful.

I’ve already booked my second stay and I predict it will not be my last!

• Liked — The home itself is just beautiful.
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing...
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2007

You really could not fault this B&B it was exceptional value for money in a very over priced tourist area.

• Liked — Old world charm with all mod cons
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

We stayed two nights and it was wonderful. The beds are so comfortable, the ceiling fan over the bed, the great bathroom with good lighting, large closet and so much more. We played billards and it was so much fun. They have a pond full of fish and my husband and I went fishing. We went into Groveland for dinner and ate at the Hotel Charlotte, the food was really good. The breakfast was great both mornings and very filling and we didn't even need to eat lunch. Katherine was such a good hostess and made our stay even better. We will be back again next year.

• Liked — The room was great and also the breakfast!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Try fishing in the pond, walking around the grounds and play a game of billards.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Harrogate, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2006

We stayed at the Cottage adjacent to Yosemite Rose B&B. This is a one bedroom cottage with 2 roll away beds. It has it's own fully equipped kitchen/diner, living room and bathroom. Being able to cook for yourselves when you are away can be a welcome change from eating out all the time. The kitchen was good with microwave, cooker, fridge/freezer, coffee maker etc.
The bathroom was quite small but adequate. The lounge had a radio, tv and video. The kids loved the videos and my little boy thought Tuppy (the resident dog of the B&B) was great.
It is very quiet and not too far from Yosemite and if you're planning a 2-3 night stay near Yosemite with a family the cottage is an OK place to stay.
The proprietor seemed friendly enough to me and recommended we visit the Rainbow Pools, which should be visited by every guest in the summer months. It is really cool and not sign posted at all - a nice spot for swimming and hanging out.

• Liked — peacefulness
  • Disliked — just a little tired
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
yosemiterose, owner at Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 25, 2010
Giant Sequoia Redwood trees arch the pathway to the white washed stone cottage. The cottage with pane glass doors, mortise & tendon cedar beams, gas fireplace, fully contained kitchen, and dining area, evoke a bygone era. A full size bath and a single bedroom, is located on the first floor. This bedroom features a queen size bed with French doors that lead to the grounds. The second floor dormer features a half bath, 2 twins and 1 full size bed, a writer's nook with hundreds of books and a antique writing desk that serves to remind us fo the hours of enjoyment we used to spend reading. We no longer provide roll-away beds for additional guests. We now recommend our ranch house when booking for more than 6. It sleeps up to 12 people. WIFI available

Been to Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!