“Beautiful scenery, great park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging
20450 Old Highway 120, Groveland, CA 95321   |
Bucharest, Romania
“Beautiful scenery, great park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We always do deep research on our destinations way before get on the road. A unpredicted small holyday possibility that appeared at the end of August 2011 limited our search time. Some close relatives recommended us the Yosemite Pine Resort and Family Lodging and we said let’s give it a try. This was our first trip to the beautiful Yosemite National Park since our kids were born and even if we were a little concerned about going to a place only by recommendation, things turned out very good for us and for sure we will recommend this option to any young family with kids. Very quick and transparent booking process, we rented a luxury cabin that it was quit larger than our needs (me, husband and our two boys a 4 and a 6). We found the cabin clean and with all amenities functional. TV and Wi-Fi worked perfectly even if the park was a little crowded. Kids loved all the playing grounds the pool, the petting zoo-farm or the mine digging cave (it is were my husband became child again!). We did not spent lot of time in the Camp but I can assure you that, against some minor inconveniences (some noises late after 22:00), our boys were thrilled and happy (even now they speak about it) and finally that is what really counts…"

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

My son is a Boy Scout and I am a single mother. He and his friends always want me to take them special places and go camping. I love to treat them to new adventures, but sleeping on the ground is not for me, much to their dismay. My son read about the Yurts at Yosemite Pines and suggested it to me. Sometimes he has the best suggestions! There was a full size bed for me and bunk bed for the two boys – plus a mini kitchen. Just perfect for the three of us. Everyone was so friendly at Yosemite Pines. We even met other visitors who were barbequing and invited us to join them. The price was very reasonable, and with the small kitchen we could make sandwiches and such to keep down the cost of eating out all the time.

We all drove around the park and saw the mountain peaks, waterfalls and valleys. Since the boys are really into scouting, they were particularly interested in all the Native American names for creeks and rivers. When we got back from our drive each day the boys took off on nature hikes and I never had to worry about them. I was able to curl up with a good book and just rest. But it was a rest breathing fresh mountain air.

When we got home the boys bragged to all their friends about their trip. We may even make this an annual event. The price is right and there is plenty of good, wholesome fun for the boys. I couldn’t ask for a better get-away.

brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Me, the husband, and our young son were visiting some friends in L.A. and decided to go on a little road trip and visit the famous Yosemite. We stayed at the Yosemite Pines, hoping to get a nice place for some fresh air! I called to make reservations a few weeks before and we splurged on a premium cabin for the 3 of us for 2 nights. It was terrific. The bed was really comfortable and my young son didn't have a problem on his twin bed. There was a neat fireplace which we lit up one night and it was very atmospheric, adding to the rustic feel of the cabin and the whole experience overall. The cabin was very clean, which is a plus, and the bathroom was well appointed.

I thought it was nice that they made an effort with providing some kids' activities at the resort like the petting zoo which my son just loved. I also liked the fact that there were laundry facilities - with a kid in tow, a laundry facility is pretty important even if we stayed only two nights. There were no problems with check-in and I thought the service was very good, everybody was pretty friendly to us. After 2 nights, I felt really rested and relaxed and my husband didn't complain (for once!). I would definitely recommend my friends to stay at this place! Overall I'm glad I booked this cabin because it's a great alternative to an overpriced hotel room!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were glad to find Yosemite Pines resort after our long trip driving from LA. It costs too much for a hotel around the park (and they were all booked), so we were thankful to find Yosemite. The park is mostly for RVs but there are camping spots for tents, and they have cabins and yurts as well. Anytime you go to Yosemite Park its is crowded these days because it is so popular. We had fun and enjoyed the camp store, pool and petting farm for the kids. Would stay there again, the kids had a great time!

Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

A trip to Yosemite was on the cards for a while and me and a buddy decided to check it out last week. Our plan was to drive, have a look and then drive back. We left early, reached the park and had a great time walking around. Before we knew it, it was almost dark and we decided to stay in one of the resorts around the place. There are very few options to stay near Yosemite National Park. After checking nearly 4 places, we finally got a room in a Yurt in the Yosemite Pines RV Resort in Groveland.

This was our first experience in a Yurt and it was a pleasant surprise. The Bunk beds are decent. There’s a refigerator & a microwave too. The restroom is pretty close and there’s even Wi-Fi. But the best part is the location and the rustic feel of the place. We could hear coyotes and the mornings are to die for.

I am already making plans to return with my family. It also has RV camp sites with full hook ups. We saw a couple of full sized trailers. So if you are an Rver, this place might be worth a checkout

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Greer, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

In June of this summer (2011) I was vacationing in California and planned on spending time in Yosemite and the surrounding area. I made reservations at Yosemite Pines Resort, making it clear I was car camping and reserving an electric/water site for three nights so I could run a small fan and lamp. On the way there I called ahead to be sure everything was in order, and reminded them I would be car camping. “No problem” they said. (I am an RVer, and most summers travel around the country with my travel trailer)
I had a wonderful time in Yosemite, and was relatively happy with Yosemite Pines. The location was excellent, especially since there are not a lot of places to stay near the park. The bathrooms need remodeling and updating as there was a lot of wear and tear, and toilets and showers were out of order while I was there. Cleaning several times a day would be good as the facilities see a lot of traffic. The staff obviously understood I was car camping since they put me in a tiny little wedge of a site that was just large enough for my SUV and had me practically on top of my neighbors. There were a lot of empty sites so why cram everyone in so close?
I left for three days to explore the eastern side of the Sierras with plans to return for 1-2 more nights at Yosemite Pines. I called ahead to again reserve an electric/water site, and asked for a specific site that would give me a little more privacy. They reserved the requested site, and again said no problem concerning the car camping. I hadn’t yet decided if I would stay an additional night before heading out.
I had been suffering with a bit of altitude sickness and woke up the next morning not feeling well. I opened the hatch of the SUV to keep fresh air moving and went back to sleep. I woke up to a man standing right over me yelling down into my face “HEY!” “HEY!”. As I got out of the vehicle he said in a confrontational way, “you staying another night!?”. I replied that I had sort of planned on it. The man then asked if I was sleeping in the car and when I said yes he started yelling at me, telling me I can’t do that. I told him I had done it for 4 nights and his reply was “that’s just because you didn’t get caught”!!!!! I then told him the resort was informed I was car camping on several occasions. At this point I was crying and trying to pack things up, while this hateful man was standing in the road yelling at me and saying it’s against county laws to sleep in your car, and if I didn’t like it I could take it up with the county. He had ridden down to the office briefly to “check on it” and came back and continued to harass me.
I walked into the office extremely upset and crying, told them what he had said to me and was told “that’s right, you can’t do that here”. I said it didn’t make sense, and there was no excuse for the way I had just been treated, and what a horrible way to end such a great week. No one in the office appeared to care. I left the resort in tears.
A few days later I checked with the local Sheriffs office in Groveland, CA (2 miles down the road), and was told there is no such law in that county and you can sleep in your car anywhere you want to, and that it certainly wouldn’t apply to a campsite you had paid for. Over the next month I tried 3 times to talk with someone in the office at Yosemite Pines and was told the person I needed to talk to wasn’t there. I called again around Aug. 12th and was again told the person wasn’t there, but the woman did ask if she could help me with anything.
As I explained the problem the woman said “oh yes, we had a meeting about that”. As I discussed it with her she said she was taking notes trying to get it all down and would pass it on to the home office. She said the employee had been reprimanded, and that he had thought I was parking there without paying”. Why in the world would he assume that I hadn’t payed, and why didn’t he and the people in the office check first before verbally abusing and harassing me???!!!! In reading reviews I saw that a woman named Mary, and the man that harassed me BOTH have a history of confrontations with resort guests. Why would someone who doesn’t like people even work at an RV resort, and why would the resort have them employed there at all? And, as I mentioned to the woman, I usually have a can of wasp spray on hand, and many people keep guns handy. The man is lucky someone hasn’t been surprised into using something against him.
The woman who talked to me said she would pass the information along to the home office and someone should be contacting me within a week. Well, I’ve been busy with the start of the school year and it’s been 8 weeks since my call. Yosemite Pines has had plenty of time to respond, but I have heard nothing at all from the resort or the home office concerning the horrific, unethical, and possibly unlawful treatment I received. They were concerned enough to have a meeting about the incident, but not concerned enough to contact me.
As an Rver, I meet a lot of people all across the country. Not only will I tell everyone I can about how Yosemite Pines treats their customers, but, will also be contacting travel and RV sites/magazines, and the Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce for that area.
Do yourself and your vacation a favor and stay away from this unprofessional RV resort and their hateful employees.
PS Peggy Croce; Public Relations Manager for Yosemite Pines Resort needn’t respond with one of her “canned” letters. Most of the ones I’ve read simply add insult to injury and are nothing but a belated afterthought trying to do damage control.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We hadn't stayed in a yurt before so were not sure what to expect. Despite the rustic location, it was just like an uninsulated motel room with lamps, fridge, and remarkably, wi-fi. The bathrooms are a stone's throw away, though maybe a rattlesnake or two in between! Thankfully didn't see one of those, but went to sleep with the howling of coyotes and hooting owls, and woke to the rustlings of quails. Nice place to stay within a reasonable distance to Yosemite.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging? Share your experiences!