We had one of the 'semi detached' cabins down the hill from reception. The cabin itself was prety comfortable (although we froze on the first night, because we didn't realise that the window was wide open! - there's a thick bug screen over the windows that made it look to our European eyes in the darkness that there was a pane of glass behind it). On our first night, our neighbours were very noisy, disturbing us through the rather thin walls.
Once we sorted out the window and the guests next door left, things got much better.
The pool and hot tub were lovely, although quite a walk from our cabin - I didn't mind this walk the night that we saw a juvenile bear on our way up there (you really do need to adhere to the warnings about bears, and don't leave any food or smelly stuff in your car overnight!)
The store is small but reasonably stocked. If you tell them you are a cabin guest, you can get bags of ice free - useful for that duty free gin!
If you want a change from duty free gin, the bar is friendly and warm.
The lodge is about an hours drive from the Valley. We went to see sunset over the Half Dome, which meant a 90 minute drive back in the dark along very twisty, narrow roads. Hard work for my husband, who really needed the pool and the bar after that!
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Lodge At Yosemite Hotel
- Evergreen Lodge At Yosemite Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel At Yosemite
- Evergreen Lodge Yosemite
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Fareportal so you can book your Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.