We really loved Evergreen Lodge; our cabin with terrace with views over the forest, the bar and restaurant and the wonderful surroundings. We enjoyed a great biking trip along the hilly but stunningly beautiful road around the site. Food was of a high standard and the bar provided a good selection of beers and the wine list was also quite good. We also enjoyed a massage whilst there which was also of a high standard. We enjoyed a great BBQ and camp fire smores which I now know what they are! Evergreen was situated very close to the entrance of Yosemite so a very convenient place to stay for visiting the park, which we did and although very busy, Yosemite is strikingly beautiful.
We just had one gripe really; after a very long drive in very unfamiliar territory, we turned up a few ours early for check in and in no uncertain terms were told to come back at 3.30pm. No welcome to Evergreen, no explanation of their site and services, no ' perhaps have a drink and something to eat at our bar and by the way the restaurant is over there'. We weren't even offered a glass of water! We were both quite taken aback by this attitude, but decided to leave it be and asked someone else where the bar was. That is the only reason I have given the lodge a 4 rating not 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Evergreen Lodge is a newly expanded full-service historic resort featuring 88 spacious cabins in the woods. The lodge sits on 20 acres just a mile from Yosemite National Park in California, putting top attractions - Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows and Hetch Hetchy - in easy reach. At the lodge, savor a delicious meal, kick back in the classic tavern and enjoy other amenities, including Evergreen's sun deck, game room, kids play areas, nightly activities and therapeutic massage. Ready for adventure? Evergreen's professional guide service offers a variety of sightseeing, hiking, biking, fly fishing and snowshoeing tours, as well as free planning advice for self-guided adventures. A Frommer's 'Favorite' and 'Highly Recommended' by Fodor's, the Evergreen provides the perfect mix of recreation, relaxation and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Lodge At Yosemite Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel At Yosemite
- Evergreen Lodge Yosemite