“What a great surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Groveland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, British, Coffee Shop
Dining options: Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We invite you to step back in time to enjoy the charming atmosphere of this historical site and to partake in the English tradition of taking tea. Dori's Tea Cottage opened in May 2008 to continue this fine tea tradition and to expand on Dori's life-long love of tea. In 2012, Dori's expanded into the adjacent space that is now Dori's Cafe, which was Groveland's former U.S. Post Office. The Cafe features espresso, gelato, smoothies, fresh brewed iced teas, sandwiches, wraps, quiche, soup, salad and a variety of bakery items. We hope you enjoy your visit - whether you enjoy a quick breakfast, join us for our English tea luncheon, or "Build a Picnic" for your trip to Yosemite.
San Franci
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My friend and I were at the beginning of a cross-country road-trip starting in SF, and had decided to take the route through Yosemite. The down-side to this route is that there aren't a lot of food options along the way the first day. Thankfully we stopped in Groveland, in desperation for food before getting to Yosemite and then Nevada, and we happened into Dori's Tea Cottage. Well we're so glad we did. The food was English-style food typically served with Tea (their specialty). I don't like tea very much, and didn't think I liked that kind of food, but wow was it delicious. The Chicken salad sandwich I had was great. My friend ordered an assorted platter of sandwiches. At first I thought the price was kind of high for some small sandwiches, but when the platter came and I tasted several of the items on it, I changed my mind. All of the sandwiches and the couple kinds of cakes were all incredibly delicious. I even had a couple kinds of tea that I liked. If you're in Groveland, you must check this place out!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Groveland, California
“Fun and yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We go to Dori's for special occasions to have "tea", although they also serve regular sandwichs, quiche, and yummy soup. It is a very small place, so if you want to be sure of a table, make reservations.

Visited November 2011
Carmichael, California, United States
“Romantic luncheon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Great selection of teas-even for the non tea drinker. Try the sampler.

Visited December 2011
Groveland, California
“High Tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Dori's is a cute little place where they offer 'high tea.' Since I'd never experienced that before, it was fun. Food and tea were good.

Reno, Nevada
“Delicious Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Dori's is a delicious delightful place to relax, retreat and recharge yourself. My first visit of many returns, including bringing family back next week . Dori's is now my #1 Tea adventure. High Tea at the Empress in Victoria, BC is generic compared to Dori's family friendly experience. Thank you Dori and Greg for making your dream come true in Groveland for the rest of "Us" too! Debra B. (Salinas, CA)

• Visited November 2011