“Can't wait to come back!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yosemite Ridge Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Ridge Resort
You added Yosemite Ridge Resort to your Saves list
7589 State Hwy. 120, Groveland, CA 95321   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Can't wait to come back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great experience! We stayed 4 nights and found this park to be very clean and nice. Very nice landscape with plenty of trees and grass along with nature’s beauty was spectacular.

The park personnel were very helpful and just great. Bob, the maintenance guy, was very helpful and quick to meet our needs with a slight satellite issues we encountered. I have never had someone respond so quickly. The owner, Joe, came by one evening while we were playing cards at the picnic table just to see how we were enjoying our stay – it was a pleasant surprise to see an owner care so much!!! Suzy, in the little store, was so happy and bubbly – she made me laugh everything I came in for some Big Stick popsicles.

Since it was my boyfriend’s first trip to this area, we were in need of a centrally located place to stay. This park fit the bill as a hub for exploring the area. Rainbow pools is just a quick 5 minutes down the road, Yosemite gate is 20, Buck Meadows which has a great super market is just 15 and BEST YET, Yosemite Ridge has a wonderful restaurant! We took advantage of both cooking and enjoying someone else cook for us 

We stayed in the Lodge Pole cabin and I cannot say enough about how beautiful it was - all natural wood and lodge pole furnishings with a 32” flat screen LCD. It had a master bedroom, bunk beds and a loft which was great. There were 4 adults and we were very comfortable. The outdoor grill that is provided was great for cooking our yummy steaks.

We will be back for sure. Planning an even BIGGER trip in May so we can white water raft as well! Can’t wait!

Misty & Shawn, San Diego, CA

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Linkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Yosemite was our first stop on a road trip around the southwest corner of the U.S. Unfortunately, we were quite late in booking accommodations, so I was quite worried we wouldn't find anything reasonably priced and close enough to the park that we could easily go into the park for the day. Luckily, I was wrong.

The accommodations are simple but adequate. We weren't going to do anything but sleep there in any case, so the important factors were that the AC worked (it was very hot while we were there), that there were enough beds (we were 5), and that I could make coffee in the morning. All of this was covered well!

The name might lead some to think it's more than it is. It's not a resort in the big-pool-and-drinks-with-umbrellas sense of the word. It's a reasonable night's sleep relatively near Yosemite.

The restaurant nearby (you can walk there) is Buck Meadows Restaurant. They serve good food and excellent pies! There aren't any other alternatives unless you drive.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We loved our stay in the little cabins. It was perfect for what we wanted and both well shaded and quiet.
It was well maintained and was equipped with a small fridge, tv and coffee making facilities.
The sofa/ coach was the pull out bed, but didn't make any difference in the quality of our sleep. The only thing I would say is that the AC unit was fairly loud, but as it was reasonably shaded it wasn't needed to be switched on all the time anyway! It was a further hour to the valley of the park, but for the price we paid and the beauty of the drive it was not a problem. I would also recommend the nearby restaurant ( a walk away), great food!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We started camping outside of Yosemite several years ago with our trailer as it is difficult to find spots for large groups of campers inside the park. We tried several of them and found Yosemite Ridge to be the best and have came back every year since. The place is well shaded and quite. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and the owner always stops by to check on us as well. They have a nice store with fuel pumps, and you can walk to a nearby restaurant if you dont feel like cooking. A Directv box is also included if you need one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We loved the customer service. We stayed in a family cabin it was cute n cozy. The only thing i wouldve liked better was a tv in the bedroom. There was only one tv and it was very small in the living room. However the swimming hole close by is amazing with a small waterfall older kids can get behind. There is a little store on the property and a resturant next door with ok food but the cabin was supplied for cooking with a full size fridge. The upstairs was just a mattress and didnt have enough room to stand but all in all for me and my husband and 2 teenagers we had plenty of room. We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first time visiting Yosemite. We were lookng for a place close to the park, not too crowded, and quiet. We are campers, but we couldn't fly in all our camping gear from St. Louis, so we opted for a place that gave a us the "feel" of being in the forest. Yosemite Ridge Resort was perfect. It was small, quiet, and nestled in the Stanislaus Forest. The drive to Yosemite was maybe 20 minutes, but seemed like less. We went to the park everyday without feeling like we were driving out of town. The garden cottage we stayed in was just right for the three of us; my husband, my son, and myself. The people there were very friendly and helpful, especially when I realized for the first time that "grades" or cliff style roads terrified me. Bob and Dave were wonderful and made us feel right at home. They took pity on my fear and gave us directions to the different attractions in the park, while describing what the ride would be like for me. Lorraine worked in the general store and would often reassure me before our morning drive into the park. There was even a lady who prayed for me prior to our going on tioga pass, which after further consideration I still opted out of. (looking over a cliff in a car was just not my thing!) The cabins were clean and the linen fresh. We ate at Buck Meadows Restaurant, where the food was home made and delicious. The small town feel of everything was what I was looking for and the proximity to the park was ideal. Yosemite itself was incredible, and we tried to do every inch of that park. I would return to Yosemite Ridge Resort in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Next time I think I would choose the Miners Cabin. It's more isolated and has a nice porch.
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a great place!!! We stayed in the Miners Cabin which was a perfectly placed, clean, quiet, and shaded cabin in the back. On the property, we were greeted by a smiling and helpful staff. You would think that the staff would get tired of tourists coming in and talking about Yosemite...but I DID NOT GET THAT FEELING AT ALL! Every staff member I met was pleasant, polite, and helpful. They gave suggestions, and answered any silly questions we might have had. When we arrived, starving, we stopped in the market on the property and stocked up on essentials. SOOOOOO convenient. We then decided to try out the restaurant. What a pleasant surprise. We ordered 2 beers. They came out in the biggest, frostiest glasses any traveler could have asked for a hot day. Great start! The food was just as great. Filet, potatoes and veg of the day was corn on the cob. SOOO good. Good portions to fill a hungry belly. We loved it so much, we went back for breakfast (despite the essentials we stocked up on prior). Dynamite corned beef hash!The best I've had yet! Pleasant servers, just the works. We went back AGAIN the next night for a big delicious burger and another big beer. And it was perfect because we could walk there. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Yosemite Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!