“Historic and enchanting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Groveland
Boston, Massachusetts
“Historic and enchanting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I really enjoy visiting places with a story, so this historic building was completely enchanting. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and the room top notch. My husband and I loved this Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Iron Door room. When we called to make our reservations, Joe-Ellen was extremely helpful. We were undecided with the room to select but her description made it easy!! When we arrived, Barbara greeted us with a warm smile and made us feel at home. We brought our pup with us and the hotel provided him with a bed, food bowls and a complimentary toy! We noticed a book in the room that was available to guests to make comments regarding their experience if they wish. There were many comments from international travelers who were all pleased with their stay. We dined and highly recommend the Cellar Door restaurant which is in the hotel. We'll be coming again!

Room Tip: The Iron Door room does not share walls with any other room; it's in it own corner. AND it's...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here during our visit to Yosemite. It was a charming old fashioned hotel in a quaint little town. We stayed two nights and had dinner there one of the nights.We ate on the patio and the service and food were good. If we ever are in the area again we would definitely stay there . The saloon next door was a fun experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed a single night as part of a getaway weekend to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Its a treasure words dont begin to give justice to. Fabulous dinner (Cheese plate, New York steak to die for) and breakfast (Rafters Skillet) in the restaurant, a bed that swallows you in plush comfort and the room (We stayed in Lyles room) pegs the charming scale. An amazing experience all the way around! I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived at Yosemite around sunset and needed a pet-friendly place to stay. The Groveland Hotel is pet AND people friendly. The service was warm and efficient, the room was comfortable, clean, quiet and stocked with a few nice amenities and the building itself is excellently maintained. The free breakfast the next day was delicious and they even gave us a free set of tire chains left by previous guests so we could enter the park! I would recommend it to anyone looking for affordable, classic 19th Century lodging while visiting Yosemite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my husband at the hotel with a living social deal and it was just amazing. The employees are extremely helpful and friendly specially the guys at breakfast Lisa & Leyland Kayla at dinner & Barbara at the reception, went out of their way to help...thx guys n we'll b back.

We definitely recommend this hotel, the rooms are super nice and clean, nice little town, pet friendly...

• Stayed December 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at the Groveland Hotel on our way home from Yosemite.

We stayed in Lyle's Room, which even though it is reported to be haunted by Lyle, I felt wonderfully at ease, comfortable and cozy in "his" room. I did not antagonize Lyle with any cosmetics on his dresser, and we slept great. The room is small, but cute as can be, and toasty warm. We were happy with the flat-screen TV attached to the wall/ceiling over the armoir.

We are grateful to the owners for making this a dog friendly property. It is not often that we find a historic hotel that is dog friendly. Even better, we were allowed to eat our dinner and breakfast in their Bar area with our dog. This took all the worry out of what to do with the dog so we could enjoy a nice meal. They even provided a dog bed and the cutest dog bowls and toy, though we never leave home without our travel crate.

This Hotel's restaurant is SERIOUSLY good! I had probably among the best clam chowder ever. The Baked Brie en croute was yummy. Hadn't had an Anchovy in a Caesar in a long time! Prime Rib was great, and the Country Scramble we had for Breakfast was ah-maazing!

The ONLY complaint I have is with the coffee maker in the room. It's a "grind/brew" so I had to make all kinds of noise grinding the beans when my husband was still alseep. Also, it was not plugged in, and I could not twist and contort enough to plug it in the wall behind the dresser, so I had to relocate it to the sink to plug it in, but it's a Pedastal sink so no where to set it, so set it on the step ladder below/next to the sink. Then the glass pot was chipped so it spilled coffee like crazy all over. And the coffee was NOT good! I would have paid ANYTHING to have a carafe of coffee brought to my room at 6:30 a.m.

All the Staff were friendly and dedicated!

This hotel is the PERFECT stop-over in or out of Yosemite. If you love and understand Historic hotels, the Groveland Hotel is a real treat!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Groveland Hotel? Share your experiences!