“As good as it gets!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Vote #1 Best of the VI for 2014. St. Thomas Diving Club, located on the south side of St. Thomas, is a PADI authorized 5-Star IDC facility that caters to everyone from the beginning snorkeler to the experienced diver. Our staff of knowledgeable instructors is always on hand to provide you with an exceptional diving experience. We offer small groups and personal service to make your vacation one you won't forget! We can arrange shore excursions from your cruise ship and welcome guests from any hotel on the island. St. Thomas Diving Club is located at the Bolongo Bay Beach resort, right next door to the Iggies Beach Bar.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
St. Thomas
“As good as it gets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Wanting to buy myself an early Christmas Present, I drove to the St. Thomas Diving Club this morning. Being a Sunday Morning as I expected, the store was open and almost empty. I wondering around for a few minutes while the only other customer was taken care of. I was then greated with "Hi! I'm Jen. What can I help you with?"

I said I was wanting to get new snorkeling gear and needed some help figuring what would work best for me.

Jen then proceed to take the next hour and half educating and walking me through everything... first the fins... then the snorkel... and finally the mast. She had me try on everyone one of the masks so I could find the one with the best fit for me. She then prepped it and custom-fitted the neopreme strap.

No hard sell, no pressure. Lots of education, tips, and FUN!

Thanx Jen for making this process "as good as it gets"!

Columbus, Indiana
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I was in St. Thomas a couple weeks ago with a friend of mine and dove every morning with the crew of St. Thomas Diving Club. All of the dives were fantastic, despite having to deal with the remnants of Hurricane Tomas. We saw sea turtles, lobsters, conch, spotted ray, brittle star, barracudas, octopus, nurse sharks...and thousands of beautiful fish. If you go, be sure they take you to the "Cow and Calf" dive site. That has to be my all time favorite!

All of the staff there are fantastic, friendly and helpful with any questions you may have about scuba diving. The shop has everything from BCD's to T shirts...so anything you need is right there.

I am going back in January for a wedding and you can rest assured that you will see me on the LETTS DIVE boat every day!! Highly recommend that you try them out!

Kansas City, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
“So much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We recently visited St Thomas and had the pleasure of diving with the St Thomas Diving club for 2 days. The instructors were great, the entire staff was friendly and welcoming. They let us try the equipment before we committed to buying it, and were all willing to spend extra time talking to us, answering our questions (and trust me, we had a lot!). We worked with 4 dive instructors and all of them were above and beyond in my book. We'll be diving with them every year we go back. You can definately feel the family atmosphere. Andre the owner was always there and friendly. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to have us there.

Oakland, Michigan
“St, Thomas Diving Club - Made my vacation everything I hoped for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My sister and I decided on St. Thomas for a vacation destination since I have a time-share there. In our trip planning we got to talking about SCUBA diving and how much fun it would be to get to dive while on our vacation. I was a bit skepticle at getting certified in the coming 3 months given my work/travel schedule until I contacted St. Thomas Diving Club. They set me up with PADI's E-Learning that allows you to complete all the book work prior to setting foot in a diveshop. This allowed me to get open water certification in only 1-1/2 days while in St Thomas. It was a little more expensive than getting certified here in Michigan, but totally worth it since you get 4 full tank dives during your open water training.
Chris and Jen were great instructors that made the learning process relaxing and enjoyable. My sister also completed here open water training with them after completing here confined water training in Seatlle.
The staff at St. Thomas Diving Club makes you truly feel like one of the crew. We will definitely be seeing them again in the future.
Thanks St Thomas Diving Club!
-Alison Wiegand

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Dynamite Dive Sites minutes from the dive shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Diving just two days after Hurricane Igor lashed the Virgin Islands, my hopes for great diving were understandably muted. But the St. Thomas Diving Club took us to world-class dive sites like Cow and Calf and Armando's Paradise that were just minutes from the shop on the South Side of the island. I can't wait to return to enjoy these sites and the abundant variety of aquatic life when the water returns to its usual high-visibliity blue.

A quick breakfast at the adjacent Bolongo Bay Beach Resort and a relaxing lunch with new friends in the combination sports bar and tiki bar known as Iggies turned a good operation near great dive sites into the most enjoyable day of the year.