“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Vote #1 Best of the VI for 2014. St. Thomas Diving Club, located on the south side of St. Thomas, is a PADI authorized 5-Star IDC facility that caters to everyone from the beginning snorkeler to the experienced diver. Our staff of knowledgeable instructors is always on hand to provide you with an exceptional diving experience. We offer small groups and personal service to make your vacation one you won't forget! We can arrange shore excursions from your cruise ship and welcome guests from any hotel on the island. St. Thomas Diving Club is located at the Bolongo Bay Beach resort, right next door to the Iggies Beach Bar.
Atlanta, GA
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

This was my first experience with scuba diving. The folks at St Thomas Diving Club made it easy and comfortable. They walked me through the process and it was a great experience. When we went on the actual dives there were other divers at a different level. Their experienced staff was able to accommodate everyone. Great job!

Dayton, OH
“Great diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

Dove with this group for two days in early November. Wonderful crew! Never rushed or treated like cattle. Got our full dive time and surface intervals, provided with drinks and light snack between dives along with excellent conversation and stories of the area. Was picked up and brought back to our hotel which can also be arranged for those traveling to the island by cruiseship. Will definitely use this company again the next time we're in St Thomas. One of the best we've seen in our seven+ years of diving!

Charlotte, NC
“Great dive shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

My buddy and I got our Advanced Certification there in June 2008 and the entire experience was first class. Andre was our instructor and was very helpful and patient. The dive sites were beautiful and the facilities were very good. I would highly recommend them if you are visitng St Thomas.

NYC
6 attraction reviews
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

I completed my open-water dive certification with Andre who is a masterful instructor. On one of our dives in Armando's Cove, we saw a nurse shark sleeping in the same little coral "cave" next to a sleeping sea turtle. So memorable! Armando's Cove was a dream - I felt like I was swimming in an enormous fish tank and loved every minute of the experience. Thanks to STDC and to Andre. You guys are terrific and I hope to return again. I wear my STDC t-shirt with pride! :)

Long Island, NY
“One of the best dive experiences I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I just got back from St. Thomas where I dove with St. Thomas Diving Club on August 31 and September 1, 2009 (2 - 2 tank dives). Thanks to Rob and John (the two dive instructors) and Alan the captain, I had some of the best diving trips since I started diving 30 years ago. The shop is located in Bolongo Bay, which is about 15 minutes from downtown and very easy to get to. It's a really nice beach to hang out at. Kim and Rachel handled my reservations and both were extremely pleasant and easygoing to deal with, which set the tone for the trips. Rob and John have both been diving for many years and truly love to dive. This is not just a "job" to them. This is what they want to be doing. They know the dive sites very well, which meant we got to see lots of sights (beautiful coral formations, all sorts of large and small critters, and wrecks). The water was 84 degrees and gorgeous. They have one dive boat that was not too large, so everyone had personal service. I rented all my equipment, which was in great condition. The sites are all pretty close, so you get there quickly. The tempo is very easy going. I am a good breather, so John was able to bring those in our our group back who were tired and then stayed down with me for an extra ten minutes. I didn't ask him to do this, he just did it. Very cool. Andre' the owner, gets special mention. I had signed up after my dive on the first day to dive the next morning. Andre' told me we'd be going out. When I got there, the others had canceled, so I was the only diver for the morning trip. Without any discussion, Andre told me "no problem", we're going out. And that's what they did. Bottom Line - these guys are first class all the way and I recommend them without any reservations. Can't wait to go again.