“Excellent food...excellent service....I would definitely come back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of India Oven

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 97 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: Indian
Sacramento, California
“Excellent food...excellent service....I would definitely come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We ordered chicken tikka masala and mango chicken...both were delicious as was the naan bread. Lots of food for the money...we came midweek and the restaurant was quiet...would come back again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Madrid, Spain
“Good Basic Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really like the food here. Waiters are friendly and helpful. I had brisket - my favorite. Good value, lots of food.

Visited January 2013
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Our favorite restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I love the individual meals and the buffet. The booth seats are aging yet the food is worth it! We try to go monthly.

Visited December 2012
Grass Valley, California
“Might as well be in India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten in Indian restaurants all over California and other places and nothing compares with our local India Oven. Every time we take friends there they comment that there is nothing in Los Angeles, or New Zealand or some other place that is as good as this restaurant. Just the best. Plus there is a buffet on certain days that lets you try different dishes that you might not order off the menu. One time we had been up in the mountains on a cold snowy day and we craved India food, but the restaurant hadn't opened for dinner yet. The owner said "come on in and I'll fix you something." Very nice.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grass Valley, California
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I think I love Indian food, but with this being my only source for the past few years I'm not too sure. While I enjoy the spices used, many of the dishes are over spiced and overcooked. The meats can be dry and tough and the veggies are mushy, rendered into an incomprehensible goo and swimming in a cloying sauce. There is a lack of finesse. While the atmosphere is pleasant, my wife and I generally take the food to go and this may affect the quality. Or perhaps our choices are poor. One thing is for certain, at $12 to $15 per dish I do feel a sting at the register and the mediocre quality of the food makes for a poor unguent. I will be back though just because I love Indian food, I think.

• Visited September 2012