“WINNING IN THE GOLD COUNTRY, WITHOUT PANNING FOR GOLD” 5 of 5 stars

Grass Valley Courtyard Suites
210 N. Auburn Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Grass Valley
San Francisco, California
“WINNING IN THE GOLD COUNTRY, WITHOUT PANNING FOR GOLD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was the lure of a Living Social deal that got us to the Gold Country and to the GV Courtyard Suites. After many trips to the Wine Country and Santa Cruz, this was a diversion to another part of our extended Bay Area. Upon arriving at the boutique hotel, we met Kathy the owner, who was so friendly. The room was clean, spacious and included a bottle of wine and a cheese plate (everyday). We got 2 $50 gift cert. for meals, a lovely breakfast, free happy hour, w/apptizers, free wine tasting. In other words: This is an excellent deal, location, hotel, town & experience. PS: Be sure to go to Tofanelli's for the Tuna sala.

Room Tip: We had a lower level room by the office and found it quite convenient.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Courtyard Suites provides lovely, spacious, extremely clean accommodations. Most impressive was their finding 4 items that we had left in the room and mailing them to us promptly. (We did cover the postage.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Currently staying at the Courtyard Suites. Located conviently off Main Street in the historic and picturesque downtown Grass Valley, this hotel is clean, adorable, beautifully maintained and charming. Danielle at reception was helpful long before check in with any arrangements you may need. Rooms are nicely decorated, beds are super comfortable. Microwave, refrigerator, safe and robes in every room. Every detail thought of, even down to the nice, thick towels.

The hotel has a wonderful spa. I had the most wonderful massage with Annie. Make sure you ask for her! I understand they have recently added a building directly across the street to accommodate weddings.

The owner makes "Gold Country" breakfast every morning. Daily evening reception with wine and Hors d'oeuvres from 5:30 to 6:30 each evening. The friendly staff will help with any wine tasting or sightseeing trips.

A perfect place for a get away stay. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
gvsarac, General Manager at Grass Valley Courtyard Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, including your massage. Thank you for the positive feed back, I will be sure to share you comments with the staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Sara, GM
Wheatland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We live only an hour away but what a great friendly little place to stay, we will definitely return. We had bought a living social deal and were unsure of establishment but decided to give it a try and glad we did. The staff was GREAT very small town feel, friendly and went out of their way to assist. We received breakfast in bed "what a treat" food was hot and delicious definitely not your typical continental breakfast. They had a happy hour which was better than most, we met other couples who had been coming here for years. Overall we had a wonderful time, kudos to the owners and staff of this establishment.
PS Forgot to mention they also had tempurpedic beds so I felt like I was sleeping on my own bed, super comfy.

San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

**WARNING** Check your bill and confirmation thoroughly here. We had a small group stay here across a few different rooms. There were so many billing errors I couldn't tell if the staff was incompetent or trying to scam its customers. Across the rooms we stayed
- 1 group was charged a 3 night stay instead of the 2 nights they stayed
- 1 group was charged for extra items at their room bar
- 1 group was charged twice for the same item
- 1 group was charged a 2 nights stay, though they confirmed on the phone the price of the room and that it was 1 night only.

The room and hotel was quaint and comfortable, but the amount of overcharges we encountered from one small group is not winning any return service. Be careful and double check your bill.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gvsarac, General Manager at Grass Valley Courtyard Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I am terribly sorry your group had these billing issues. We strive to maintain an excellent facility for all of our guests. I would love the opportunity to review each bill to correct the problems. It is not common practice to overcharge guests and I will be sure to review the issues with my staff. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and hope I have the opportunity to correct it.
Sara - GM
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a living social. Either way though, it was worth the price even at full value. The breakfast was good and the room was spacious and very clean. It was quiet and the parking was close. I never did see the spa or pool or jacuzzi, but the stay on the whole, was wonderful and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay here again when I am in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice. The staff, on the other hand (particularly the girl at the front desk) is not! I made a reservation over the phone for one night. At this point I was never told there was a two night minimum. I was told over the phone that the total was $158 (the price for one night). When I checked My confirmation email the night before my reservation I saw that they had booked me for two nights: the night before and the day I requested. When I asked about this I was then told that there's a two night minimum. Nonetheless when I got here at 10:30 AM the room that I was booked for the night before wasn't available. It wasn't available until almost 2 PM; an hour before official check in. When I checked out the next day they actually tried to charge me for three nights. I of course complained and they changed it to two but refused to only charge me for one. When I pointed out that my room was not ready when we got here at 10:30, the girl at the desk claimed someone was staying in our room the night before. The room that we paid for and had reserved! I will never return! Neither should you. There's a few other hotels in town; stay there instead!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Grass Valley Courtyard Suites? Share your experiences!