“Nothing but Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 attractions in Graeagle
Type: Off road/All Terrain Vehicle Trails
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are an outdoor adventure company specializing in guided ATV and Snowmobile tours. Our ATV tours are staged on the 1750 acre Diamond S Ranch in beautiful Sierra Valley, CA. In the winter we stage at Chalet View Lodge near Graeagle, CA and tour the awesome Lake Davis Recreation Area. Our tours are customized to fit your skill level, we guarantee fun! Bring the whole family!
Graeagle, California
“Nothing but Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Being a person who experiences the mountains and all it has to offer from horse back, I was some what skeptical to plan a trip for my family to experience the same on ATVs. I quickly found that my skepticism was unfounded. The minute you drive onto Explore! Sierra's historic ranch property, you get a smile on your face which never stops. Ken Smith and his crew make you feel welcomed and part of the family. It was an amazing bonding experience for my daughter and new son-in-law and our two families. The views were breath taking and the wild life was abundant. The tour was just the right amount of time and length. The older I get, the pickier I've become about getting my money's worth. In some strange way however, I feel I should have paid more for what Ken and Kathy provided on this amazing tour. I highly recommend this to all and found it was a great family experience that we all enjoyed and would do it again.

Visited July 2012

Newcastle, California
“Explore! ATV Tour a new "MUST DO" activity in Grayeagle CA area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We've been coming to the Grayeagle area for 25 years, and did the ATV ride/tour for the first time this June. WOW! What a blast! Our 8 and 10-year old boys loved it, as did my husband and I. Ken & Kathy are great - they customized our tour for our younger boys, and Kathy rode ahead and got some super pics (all on a CD for us before leaving). The scenery was amazing, and we will definitely be doing this again on future trips, as well as checking out the snowmobiling in the winter!

PS the many highlights include Ken's dog riding on the back of his ATV, and the awesome mud bog at the end.

Visited June 2012
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Simply blown away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've never been on an ATV in my life. I was a bit intimidated at first, but Ken and his group made me feel so comfortable and at ease. His group was extremely welcoming, informative and friendly. We began on a little training course, and after getting a feel for the ATV's we went on a breath taking tour of the mountains. We managed to spot some bears as well!! Along the way Ken's wife took photographs, which turned out very professional and high-quality. We came back from the tour to an tasty home-cooked BBQ meal. A memorable trip I will never forget. Well worth the cost!!

Pros:
-Provided bandannas and sports glasses to fend off dust
-Meal was an added bonus, didn't expect it to be so good
-Professional photographer captures the special moments
-Breath taking tour with great scenery
-Friendly staff, top notch customer service
-The MUD pit
-A place to rinse off afterward with clean towels to dry off

Cons:
-We had to leave at some point

An incredible value and unique experience. Highly recommended. 5/5 stars!!!

Visited July 2012
Belmont, CA
“Fantastic ATV Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Ken and his troupe lead a top notch tour of the 1700 acre ranch. The ATV event starts with a brief intro/training period. Then it's off to the races, going up and down some hand carved paths on the various fileds and mountains surrounding the ranch. The path we took had a good mix of tight turns, hills, straight-aways, and mud. It was a blast. We went for a bachelor party. All told, it took a little under four hours including the amazing home cooked meal afterward. I would leave aside the better part of a day to do the event since it is about an hour outside of Reno. That said, I would do it again in a heartbeat. These guys know what they're doing. Bring extra clothes though; it gets muddy out there.

Visited April 2012
Los Gatos, Ca
“So much fun ATVing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

ATVing was a blast! The ATVing trail was scenic and diverse. This company is very professional, skilled, and nice. This is the company to use!