“Very nice place - super location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Goleta
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very nice place - super location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place really has it all for the business traveler, free parking, free wifi in all areas, free high quality breakfast at a good corporate rate. Whats not to like here? It is a good location - you can get anywhere you need too quickly. Its close to the airport. They have a van to the airport if you need it and they will take you limited places around. There are places to eat close by for dinner just down the road. I also signed up for the frequent stayer program - but I forgot the name. The price is reasonable and since I had a rental car. The staff is friendly and helpful. The work out room is new and nice - the pool and hot tub are great. The grounds are nice and well maintained and the entire property is clean. Only down side is highway noise and train goes by once and awhile but pick your room location and work with the front desk to find a quiet room. I will be back every time I go there and I am in Goleta on business frequently - its my go to place. Its a nice break from the pompous full fare places that give you less and charge you more. This is how its supposed to be done.

Room Tip: work with the front desk to find a place where you dont hear the highway and train - they will know...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South-Coast I, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We are so glad that you took time out of your day to give us such a great review. We could not have written it better ourselves! Ha ha ha! We really appreciate our return guests and are so happy that we have impressed you enough to make us your "go-to" hotel in Goleta!! Thank you so much.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sonoma County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was by far the best Best Western I have stayed at. I was concerned that it was so close to highway but our rooms were quiet and faced a garden.
The staff was great, very responsive. The beds were very comfortable, room very clean, decent pool and breakfast.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor rooms 512 and 516. They faced a garden not the parking lot and were very...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well we did during your stay. We love nothing more then to hear from our satisfied guests. We are glad that you enjoyed our great rooms and peaceful setting. The staff strive to make it great for everyone.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,

Orange County, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend for an event I attended at UCSB. Before staying here I didn't know that hotel prices are much more reasonable in Goleta than in Santa Barbara proper. The drive time that the savings will cost you is 10 minutes. This place is better than the best/new Holiday Inn Express you would ever stay, and trust me I used to be a multi year platinum Priority Club elite guest. The rooms are very clean with DVD player, microwave and refrigerator. I found a great rate online at their web site. I used to stay out of the SB area due to the price of lodging, but the South Coast Inn has made me a believer of staying in Goleta!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the GLOWING review! We are so glad that we could offer you the Best Best Western experience and that we have sold you on Goleta! We love hearing when we have really impressed a guest, and we look forward to having you back again soon.

Thanks again,

Reston, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to Santa Barbara without the Santa Barbara price tag. Beginning with the front desk staff, the stay was quite pleasant. The room was large & clean. I left my jacket there by mistake, rang the hotel a day later to report my forgetfulness & rec'd a call back hours later with an assurance that the housekeeper found it. The kind gentleman on the other end took all my info & said he'd send it to me later that day. I would definitely stay here again & highly recommend this hotel. Go to The Natural Inn in Goleta for a fabulous meal!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking time to review us. I really appreciate all the nice things that you had to say about our property, and we look forward to having you back when you come to visit Santa Barbara. We are glad that you were able to get your jacket!

PS.....the Natural Cafe is one of our favorite places to eat, too! ;)

Thanks,

Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We love to stay here when we visit Santa Barbara. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. The staff is very friendly and we love the breakfast buffet. It is a great place to get away for a day or longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

South-Coast I, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are so glad that you love our property! We hope that you keep coming back, and are so grateful to have you as a returning guest. Please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

From check-in, helping out, to check-out, the front-desk was always friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was very much appreciated and efficient. The breakfast was adequate. Rooms provided much more amenities (ironing board, microwave) than I would expect for an under $100 hotel, and was clean and relatively quiet (though close to the road). Bed was very comfortable, though the shower was a bit weak. Overall, clean, friendly, equipped, and well worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the great review. Our front desk staff will appreciate the compliments on their service. We work hard to provide our guests with great service and amenities.

Thanks so much,

AGM

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS South Coast Inn? Share your experiences!