Overall, we had a decent stay at this hotel, but there were a few disappointments. I booked the hotel through the name your own price route on priceline.com. I bid an amount we were comfortable with, and the bid was accepted! This usually works out really well for me. When we arrived at the hotel, we were hit with a surprise resort fee which came to an extra $100 for our 4 night stay. The girl at the front desk was quite rude and assured us this fee was mentioned on priceline. It was not. I've gone back and looked, just to be sure. It is mentioned when you book the hotel as an express deal, but not when naming your own price. She also did not provide us with any information on what the resort fee covered. We got that information later, from a much friendlier front desk clerk. The hotel was great for what I originally expected to pay, but for that extra $100, I would have much rather stayed elsewhere.
The room was nice. If you expect the luxury of an actual 4 star hotel though, I would not recommend staying here. The walls are thin, the bathroom hardly has any privacy (the door is cute but not functional, didn't even close completely), the carpet had several large stains. The bed was comfortable and clean, and the records and record player were a fun touch.
The pool area was a great place to relax. Very comfortable seating and a poolside server were a couple perks. One con though, you definitely pay 4 star resort prices! We were there over a holiday weekend, so it did get rather crowded, but it was still pretty nice. The restaurant had a great atmosphere, but we were slightly disappointed with the food.
This hotel is advertised as a 4 star boutique hotel. While it is charming, it does not stand up to any other 4 star I've stayed at. The location is not bad, but not the best either. For the most part, we had a pleasant stay, and I may or may not return to this hotel on my next trip out that direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goodland, a Kimpton Hotel is a boutique hotel in Santa Barbara's sister city Goleta. This new hot spot features an outdoor pool, on-site spa, fitness center offering daily classes, restaurant and lobby bar. Evenings are filled with live music, movie nights in the courtyard and more entertainment. The Goodland is conveniently located near UCSB, Goleta's business district and downtown Santa Barbara. Stay with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Goodland, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Santa Barbara - Goleta Hotel Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Holiday Inn