We were driving up the coast with our kids. Santa Barbara was our target spot. Found this place and it looked like a good alternative at a decent price. Very happy with the choice. They did a fantastic job renovating and completely revamping this Holiday Inn. Great decor and great little touches everywhere like backgammon table in the lobby. Record player and a few records in our room. We got in late and had an amazing meal in the restaurant. Very modern cuisine and great signature bar drinks. THE STAFF WAS EXCELLENT - VERY NICE AND HELPFUL. If you're looking for a short stopover spot for the family, I would say this is an excellent choice.
Only two minor complaints: 1.) we asked for an extra blanket and it never came. 2.) there was a puddle of water outside our room which I assume was from the automatic sprinklers nearby - it never dried and we had to be careful not to track water into the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goodland, a Kimpton Hotel is a boutique hotel in Santa Barbara's sister city Goleta. This new hot spot features an outdoor pool, on-site spa, fitness center offering daily classes, restaurant and lobby bar. Evenings are filled with live music, movie nights in the courtyard and more entertainment. The Goodland is conveniently located near UCSB, Goleta's business district and downtown Santa Barbara. Stay with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Goodland, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Santa Barbara - Goleta Hotel Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Holiday Inn