The Goodland did not blow me away. From the lobby area, it looks brand-new, with trendy decor and an awesome woody outside. The rooms have the same feel on the surface, but when it comes to the lasting details, something is off. Understandably, it's a converted motel, but it shouldn't have to feel that way. Rooms facing the parking lot have a Motel 6 feeling to the entrance, although you'd never confuse the two once inside. There are a lot of opportunities for improvement here, although it's in a decent location and not far from food and grocery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goodland, a Kimpton Hotel is a boutique hotel in Santa Barbara's sister city Goleta. This new hot spot features an outdoor pool, on-site spa, fitness center offering daily classes, restaurant and lobby bar. Evenings are filled with live music, movie nights in the courtyard and more entertainment. The Goodland is conveniently located near UCSB, Goleta's business district and downtown Santa Barbara. Stay with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Goodland, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Santa Barbara - Goleta Hotel Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Holiday Inn