“Good location at a great price.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Goleta
Stilwell, Kansas
“Good location at a great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

There are many wonderful places to stay in the Santa Barbara area. But most are very expensive. The Hampton is just outside of Santa Barbara, near the airport and UCSB. It's a great buy. Very clean with well appointed rooms and a helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! Our team will be so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. They are always working diligently to make sure everyone has an awesome experience. I’m excited to hear you enjoyed the amenities offered in the guest rooms and our convenient location. Again, thank you for your review and kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please always feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. Have a great day!

Director of Sales
805-699-3002 | Denise.Lopez@Hilton.com

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel appears recently remodeled, just as they promised. The exterior is pleasant and welcoming. The welcome desk is situated immediately at the entrance, which doesn't leave much room for people's luggage, but it's a minor inconvenience. There is a 24-hour tea and coffee station. They also offer a hot breakfast every morning, which we'll sample in the AM. Their gym is under construction so they offer entrance into a well-known local gym (I'm not sure when this will end). Finally they have a heated pool, but we'll probably skip that in January. We were offered rooms on any of the floors and ended up taking one on the first floor.

The room is a good size and nicely appointed. There is a mini-fridge and microwave along with the standard TV, closet, etc. They put a sticky note on the headboard letting us know that the "Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival." The bed is comfortable, the wi-fi is complementary, and the desk chair is ergonomic. Overall a very nice place.

We give it a score of 5/5 as a 2.5 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We understand your time is valuable so we greatly appreciate it! Your kind words are so exciting to hear. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed the complimentary Wi-Fi and the Cloud 9 Beds. Thank you again for your review and staying with us. Please feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Have a great day!

Director of Sales
805-699-3002 | Denise.Lopez@Hilton.com
Tijeras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

For the most part, we stay at Hampton Inn's when we travel. This one was great, clean rooms, plenty of towels, knowledgeable happy staff, and fairly quiet. Our room was on the first floor so there was some coming and going noise but it wasn't too loud and it didn't last long.

This hotel is on Hollister Avenue which has got to be the busiest street in Goleta but there is a well-placed signal light so getting in and out is not difficult.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. Your continued loyalty to the Hampton Family means so much and we really appreciate it! We consider it an honor and privilege to serve you as our guests and are so excited you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to contact me anytime if I can be further assistance. Thank you again. Have a great day!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel and I recomend it!!! The Hotel is clean and the staff is very attentious. The breakfast is good for the price. The only problem is that the restaurant is small. We would stay here agaín!

• Stayed October 2012
HamptonSBGoleta, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and your wonderful review. I’m excited to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our team strives to ensure every guest has a great experience so I’ll be sure to share your words with them. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great bedroom, free wifi, free parking, good location (10 min from Santa Barbara by car) breakfast included for a reasonable price! It was a shame that my boyfriend and I just stayed there for one night, because it was the hotel that we liked the most.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

It's funny, but it doesn't seem to take much to change a decent Hampton Inn experience into a bad one. This property is clean, the rooms are spacious and the breakfast is, well a Hampton Inn breakfast (which is to say not bad for a comp. breakfast). The staff were amongst the best, most helpful I've encountered at a Hampton Inn.

So how comes it got an average rating? Well, for starters, including Santa Barbara in the name is a bit confusing - the hotel is a few miles from Santa Barbara and it's situated in an area that is somewhat different. Then there's the air conditioning - one of our room neighbours was obviously feeling very hot and had their air conditioning on high. That's fine, but we got the benefit of listening to it grind away all night. Never mind, if you can't sleep you can surf the web - except that the advertised High Speed Internet is pretty bloody slow.

I like the Hampton Inn brand, and I guess I have come to expect something a bit better - on a positive note, the team there was very friendly and very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most recent stay at our hotel and for your review. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and breakfast. Additionally, I’m thrilled to hear your encounters with our team were very positive. They work hard to make every guest’s experience memorable, so I’ll be sure to share your kind words with them.
I apologize for you experience with the air conditioning noise from an adjacent guest room. I take this very seriously and would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please contact me at 805-681-9800 or Denise.Lopez@Hilton.com so we can connect regarding this. Also, I understand your concerns with our internet and I believe you will be delighted to hear we have just completed a bandwidth upgrade (completed on Tuesday of this week) proving to provide faster internet speeds to all of our guests.
Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Goleta a few times over the last few years, most recently in October 2012. It's a 3 story hotel, in very good shape. Only a few miles from the West Entrance to the UCSB campus. On the far southwest side of downtown Goleta, with nearby gas stations, small restaraunts, and a 7/11. Rooms are clean and good sized; beds/linens are very comfy, like almost all Hilton related hotels. Has a small clean (and mostly unused) pool, and a very small fitness room. Parking is free and plentiful. Prices are high for a basic 3 star hotel, typically $160-230 per night, but high hotel prices are the norm in this area. Free wifi works wells. Free USA Today newspapers in the lobby. The free Breakfast has both hot and cold items, reasonable selection of things; good enough, but nothing too great. The front desk folks are very helpful, and the check in/out is very quick. I would rate the Pacifica Inn (just a few block down the road) as slightly better at about the same prices. But I'm an avid collector of HHonors points, so I try to stay at Hiltons when I can.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta? Share your experiences!