“Very Good Food Right On The Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 116 Restaurants in Goleta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very Good Food Right On The Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our first night in Santa Barbara we decided to head to the beach in Goleta on the advice of some locals we met in Carmel. We went to this restaurant for dinner and we were very pleased. Our server was wonderful. She was very pleasant and did her job very well. We sat in an indoor/outdoor area where it was open air but we were shaded from the sun and the whip of the ocean wind.

The food was very good. I had a sirloin steak ordered medium-well. It was cooked right on the inside but a little darker than I would have preferred on the outside (still very delicious) It came with rolls, a salad, choice of potato, and seasonal vegetables which were all very good. The atmosphere is very nice being on the beach. If you are looking for someplace fancy then you will be disappointed. The only complaint I had was getting my check and seeing that 2 domestic beers cost me $14.

I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Sacramento, California
“To DIE For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I were down in Santa Barbara to apartment hunt and he decided to surprise me with a romantic dinner here after all the stress from the week! I had no idea where we were going but was extremely pleased when we pulled into the parking lot. We wandered onto the beach for a bit and enjoyed the cool sand between our toes before we made our way to enjoy some wonderful food!

When we walked into the restaurant, we were kindly greeted by a young girl and were promptly sat right next to the window to enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean (it was a windy, cool night so we decided to eat indoors). We had already spent the day enjoying some drinks, so we decided to not overindulge ourselves, but the wine and other drinks sounded and looked great. The warm, soft bread that was served to us when we got situated was to DIE for... My boyfriend and I are big bread connoisseurs lol.

We ended up ordering the pesto shrimp linguine and portobello mushroom stuffed with feta and parmesan cheese with salmon over a bed of greens. When our plates came... Oh heavens... We about died! I'm pretty sure our kind waiter laughed at us because we were so excited for our food. The flavors were incredible and everything tasted so fresh and wonderful. The portions were perfect for our hunger needs and we even had leftovers to enjoy for a midnight snack later. We will definitely be coming back to enjoy more meals here once we make the official move down here! Love. Love. Love.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Desert,CA
“On the Beach in Goleta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Beachside has been a favorite of ours since our kids were at UCSB. It's a lively place right on the sand with ocean views, gorgeous at sunset. They don't take reservations except for groups over 8 so sometimes there is a wait, but worth it since it's one of the best in Goleta near the campus.
Waiter was nice...2nd glass of wine was slow in coming but with the beautiful ambiance one puts
up with most anything. There's a bar that's busy. The food's okay but not the primary reason one visits Beachside.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
CA
“Good food in a casual setting right on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Group of 4 went to the Beachside Bar & cafe on UCSB Graduation weekend. It was very busy, but we got seated pretty quick. It's a fairly large place, most tables(and the large bar area) have a decent view of the beach and pier right in front. I started with a cup of their Clam chowder, was really really good. Someone had a side Caesar, it was excellent. My entree was a tri-tip sandwich, with a side of coleslaw, was a delicious plate of food. My wife got a burger and fries, good sized burger, excellent thick but fries. One of my daugthers got Paella, was good, not great. Other daughter got the Scallop Skewers, they again were good, but not great. We split a chocolate mouse pie dessert, it was amazing.
The service was quick, but not rushed. The views are excellent. Prices are a reasonable for the location, most lunch entrees were $10 to$15.

Visited June 2014
College Station, Texas
“Good seafood in a great setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Both of our seafood (halibut and salmon) specials were very good, as was the service and the view. The restaurant is right on the beach with a fishing pier for an after dinner walk. Near UC Santa Barbara, but did not appear to be a student hangout, probably due to price. Would definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food