“Welcoming, accepting, and dog friendly!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
San Francisco, California
“Welcoming, accepting, and dog friendly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had a fantastic time at the Goleta Extended Stay! When I arrived in the afternoon, Cindy Augustine (the general manager) and another male desk attendant greeted me with a smile and asked how they could help me. I had decided to stay at the Extended Stay America because I saw they were dog friendly, but I had no clue if they had breed restrictions. When I asked if there were any restrictions they said there was none at all. As a owner of a “dangerous dog breed” I had to double check, and said “There is no restriction, at all?”. Cindy replied to me, “I cannot judge or discriminate against any dog or their owner. So long as you are a responsible owner that is what matters most. My daughter has a Pit Bull and is a great dog owner”. This was so wonderful to hear! As many know, it is very difficult to find Pit Bull Friendly anything (housing, hotels, boarding, doggy-day-cares, grooming, etc.). So I had finally found a place that took me and my baby as well.

The room was clean and big. Although it is close to the highway, you cannot hear any high way traffic. There is an In-N-Out across the street, I-Hop down the street, and two gas stations at the nearest intersection. The location is in a safe neighborhood, and is the perfect distance from downtown Santa Barbara and UCSB.

At the end of my stay, I checked out with Cindy again, and she asked me about how my stay was, and how my dog was as well. I am sure Cindy sees a lot of people, and to remember me and my dog was really sweet and comforting. This is exceptional service and I will most certainly stay again. Thank you to all of the wonderful staff at Goleta Extended Stay America! You guys were courteous, welcoming, all dog friendly, clean, helpful and by far the best hotel stay I’ve ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My third visit to Santa Barbara, first time at this hotel. Not crazy about the fee for maid service but honestly not a HUGE deal to me.
My room was tidy, very comfortable. Shower pressure excellent, and fairly quiet while trying to sleep. I did hear a little barking from guest's dogs while walking down the hall, but no biggie... Animal lover here. :-)
I felt safe coming in late night, hotel is in a decent area, very close to the highway and main SB roads.
Breakfast nothing to write home about but, better than nothing. Coffee, tea, oatmeal, fruit, granola bars and packaged muffins. Just enough to get your day started... if you want a larger meal there are plenty of restaurants just a short drive away.
Staff are friendly, WIFI works great too.
I would book here again if the price was right.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, fine by me. There is an elevator if you have a room on a different floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I can't figure out why this hotel received such great reviews.
The hotel is located across the street from In and Out Burger- which is one of the only pros but that is only good for one night of dinner or lunch. We have a small dog, which the hotel was well to accommodate. However, upon trying to take our pup for a walk and to use the bathroom, we were unable to find any grass except across the street at the In and Out. As we checked out we finally found a small patch of grass at the very back corner of their parking lot. It was frustrating to not have found this right away.
The hotel room was extremely loud. Every time the rooms beside us would use their shower, it sounded like a train running through our room. Upon letting the front desk know, they said "well it can be very noisy depending on how well you hear". There should never be that much noise for over $100 per night.

There wasn't anything eventful that prompted our unhappiness with this hotel, it was just dirty and not very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Ramon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed here for three nights mainly because it has a kitchenette, was close to work and easy access to the 101 freeway.

The Pros: The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable to sleep in and the hotel was quiet. Nice parking.

The Cons: The 3rd floor hallway leading to our room reeked of the smell of cigarette smoke, which sucks if you are not a smoker. Kitchenette is bare bones, small and not very conducive to cooking, which is something you'd like to have if you're staying in a place long term... Hence, the name of the hotel is 'Extended Stay America'. There was no garbage disposal in the kitchenette we had either. So when it came to doing dishes, you had to be careful as to what went down the drain.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor end unit. Then you do not hear anyone above you and you're far away from t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Nice hotel with friendly service and convenient transportation. Very convenient to go to Santa Barbara Airport and Goleta Old Town.
Also have nice biking route and jogging friendly. Love the view and also the In-N-Out across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter but no sunshine...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Comfortable room, nice area. Close to restaurants, very quiet. Was assigned a first floor room which made me feel nervous and unsafe, but was too tired to complain. Also, there was no sheer drape, only a blackout curtain. The hotel address is not visible from the street and the sign is on the far side of the property, so I had to drive around the building to make sure I was in the right place.
I would stay here again but would ask for another room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
So Cal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Its ok if you are not going to spend alot of time in your room during your stay. Plus is they take pets. Minus is no business center. Cannot get anything computer printed. Grab and go breakfast has less selection than gas station across the street. Rooms seem a little tired/ worn out. Did not smell clean. It was ok, barely.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our pet friendly policy met your needs; still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. As well, I am sorry that the smell and condition of your room were unsatisfactory. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to review your comments and to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your comments. I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real? Share your experiences!