“Get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
Long Beach, California
“Get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were looking to make a quick trip to SB, and didn't want to spend a ton on a hotel room that would only be used for sleep. The Extended Stay was one of the lowest chain options in the area. Having stayed in a similar hotel before, having the little kitchenette is a nice amenity (especially with a 6 mon. old baby).

Overall, the facility is clean. Although, our room smelled like someone had smoked in it, but was labeled a "non-smoking" room. The only other knock on the place was the paper-thin walls/ceilings. We heard a small dog bark non-stop for about an hour that night, along with heavy footsteps in the room above us. I know that's the downfall of many hotels, but it seemed excessive here.

Also, if you have pet allergies it may be good to know that a lot of people with pets stay here. Didn't bother us (besides the incessant barking dog), but while loading our car in the morning, we noticed about 6-7 dogs coming out of the hotel. Just an fyi...

Overall, you get about what you pay for here. Being the first time we've stayed in SB, I can't say that we'll rush back to this hotel upon a return visit, but it was good enough for our one-night stay this time around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for takng the time to review our hotel. We are glad that overall your stay was good. I do apologize for the noisy dog! We normally do not have problems with noise. We also do offer rooms that are NOT pet friendly so you can be assured of having a pet free room! Thank you again and please do consider us when returning to Santa Barbara.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am currently on a super extended stay here...I am staying here until I find the right place to live on my own. It's in a great location (closer to Goleta than downtown Santa Barbara). It only takes 5-10 minutes to get anywhere you need. Plus, In & Out Burger is right across the street! (just avoid the temptation to eat there too much) Overall, this is great place to stay...very relaxed. The front desk staff as well as the cleaning staff are SUPER friendly! It's a "home like feel" atmosphere. I am very comfortable here. The rates are very good considering all of the amenities. My room is basically like a very clean, spacious studio apartment. The only negative is that the beds are a little harder & less comfy than I am used to.

I completely recommend Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for writing such a great review of our property. We appreciate your kind comments. I will share them with our staff. It gives me great pleasure to see we have accomplished our goal in making you feel at home in a clean comfortable room! Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

4 reasons I prefer Extended Stay.1) Location -<10 min drive to everything; great walking to restaurants, shops & parks.2) Best rates. 3) Newer facility w/full size kit + filtered h2o. 4) Vibrant staff that smile and more. Ask Alexis about the direct access to the secret offroad bike trail to beach and UCSB. Happy trails, Donald Johnson

• Stayed February 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. The staff and I are so happy to read your four major reasons for choosing to stay with us. It is the companies goal to provide great locations, rates, staff and properties for all of our guests to enjoy. Thank you for noticing our dedication and telling us how great your visit was.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. On my arrival, I received a prompt and friendly greeting from the front desk personnel. The front desk clerk was very nice and efficient upon check in. Room access was a breeze. The room was fantastic and large. My room smelled fresh, looked well maintained and clean and the bathroom was immaculate! The bedding was clean and comfortable. Free Wifi was very fast. It is an affordable, exceptionally clean mid-sized hotel with a superb staff and all the comforts of home. I would highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here for a week and was very pleased. The front desk was very informative and smiled while answering all my questions. The rooms were very clean, flat screen was awesome and bed was comfortable. Felt like home away from home which is nice when you're working 7 consecutive days, 12 hours a day. I felt very secure knowing unless you used the front entrance, you needed a room key to get in. The AC and heater works great and my stay was very quiet and pleasant. We usually stayed at a different hotel but never again. This hotel is clean on the inside and out and very comfortable. Very close to the freeway, gas stations and shopping centers. I'm looking forward to my next hitch.

• Stayed January 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. We have worked hard to provide all of our guests with new amenities and a more upscale property. It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed them!

Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Although not a fancy place, the SB Extended Stay is perfect for a brief getaway or a business trip. It's conveniently located and offers extremely competitive rates compared to other hotels. The efficient kitchen in each room gives guests options to dining out each night and there is a local company that will deliver a variety of food. I stayed in two rooms at this location and each was clean and in good condition. If there are any issues with the room, the staff is quick to respond and make things right. The staff of the front desk is always courteous and friendly. If you get the pleasure of meeting Alexis, she will greet you with a smile and is very knowledgeable about the area should you have any questions. In addition, Cindy, the manager, is very accommodating to the needs of the guests. Overall, this place cannot be matched for the value it provides.

Room Tip: Room 300 is one of the few rooms that has two windows and it is recently renovated. I would suggest...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We recieved your review and i wanted to say thank you on behalf of the team at Extended Stay Santa Barbara! It is guests like you that make our work so enjoyable and it means a lot to us that you took the time to give us such great feedback about the service and the stay. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the near future. Thanks again.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When you can get a hotel with a grab-n-go breakfast, free internet, stove, refrigerator, microwave, and sink for a little bit over $100 a night in Santa Barabara, close to downtown, you have to expect value and not luxurious elegance. The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating despite the fact that she was also the on-site manager and spent her time between the front desk, double-checking each room after housekeeping finished it, and managing deliveries, mail, and the breakfast bar (she managed all of these tasks as we were checking in). It is a bit dated but, again, we were there because of the other offerings. Don't stay here if you want to be in the heart of Santa Barbara and be pampered by the staff but if you are looking for value, traveling with children or pets, need to cook for yourself (runners please take note), then this is the place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such nice things about your experience at Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real? Share your experiences!