“Overpriced, smelly & not clean” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Goleta
Los Angeles, California
“Overpriced, smelly & not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I made the unfortunate error of staying in this establishment for 2 nights - what a dump! No matter how much I ventilated the room, there was a pervasive odor of cigarette smoke and other unpleasant things. I was in SB for medical reasons, and coming back to my room at the end of the day offered absolutely no comfort whatsoever. The room was not properly cleaned, and I couldn't believe I was paying $95.00 per night. I would avoid this hotel if I were you....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the odor issues mnetioned. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having housekeeping address the issue. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sbn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

To start off, I stayed for 2 nights. The first night I was in a double bed room, and it was okay. But when I booked it, it was at a 113 rate, and when I got there they said I had to pay, 124. And when I showed the front desk my cofirmation, she said that I was wrong and she couldnt do anything about it! I work at a hotel, and you should never ever tell a guest there wrong. Then The front desk said that I was booked for a king bed the 2nd night, and I actually booked it for double beds too. She said she couldnt do anything about that either. So I had to pack up and go somewhere for 3 hours, and wait for the other room to be cleaned. That wasn't a big problem because the beach was 10 minutes away but that wasnt the point.... also there is no shampoo or body wash so you have to bring your own. An the front desk lady was very rude... (makilya).

Positives
The grab and go breakfast was better then I thought. And the King suite was much better then the double bed room. Just that in the king suite there is a celing fan right in the middle of the room and it doesnt even work. And in the middle of the night you bang your head a couple of times because its right where you walk and you dont remember...

Room Tip: Choose the king suite over the double beds... so much better!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America in Santa Barbara. It was with great concern that I read your comments regarding your stay. Please accept my apologies for not providing you with the proper service you deserved. Our hotel prides itself on exceptional service, and I am sorry we did not meet those expectiations with you. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. This is my guiding priniciple as well as the hotel's.

I have therefore reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to everyone of our guests. And like you said the guest is always right! I am happy that the rest of your stay was good and you enjoyed the suite. Again please accept our sincerest apologies.
Orange, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

• Stayed November 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Santa Barbara. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We are glad that the courteous staff you mentioned, took care of you, while you were our guest.
Nanning, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

my better half and I arrived late at night,the staff is very helpful.quiet,big&clean room with ketchen within our budget.it should be perfect if we could have more choice for the free breakfast.anyway it's a fantastic experience ,looking for stay here again.thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a fantastic experience staying at our hotel and that it was within your budget. Our breakfast is a standard amenity that is intended for those on the go, and I will pass on your comments regards the choice offered. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.
Goleta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had family come to town and they stayed here. It's a perfect location because it is situated in between Santa Barbara and Goleta....just a short distance from the freeway. There is also an In n' Out Burger across the street. This hotel has recently been renovated and is in great condition. My family liked the little kitchenette also, which made quick meals super easy. Clean rooms and clean carpets, and comfy beds. Plenty of parking and all of the amenities you can think of are here. Rates are competitive and guests can stay a day, a week or a month. (Yes, they do have monthly rates.)

Room Tip: There is no pool here and no fitness center.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. I am glad your family enjoyed their stay with us. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you or your family stay with us again. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Thank you to the Extended Stay Santa Barbara for your wonderful service and accomodations!
My wife and I celebrated our wedding in Santa Barbara in May and chose the Extended Stay for our out of town wedding guests. Our guests loved the rooms and the service of the hotel. We felt very welcomed upon check in and they also made sure that we were good and comfortable after settling in. Our guests stayed two nights and everyone had good things to say about the rooms and the comfortness of the hotel. There were a number of places we could have chosen for our guests who all were traveling from out of town for our wedding. We chose Extended Stay because of their very reasonable rates and were surprised by the cleanliness and niceness of the hotel for the price. The rooms are definitely as nice or nicer than many of the higher priced other hotels in the area. My wife and I stayed in the King Suite which had an oversized King Bed and Separate living room which was well needed for wedding preparations and accomodated the many visitors that entered our suite every few minutes. Thank you very much to Extended Stay Santa Barbara for your service and for accomodating our guests!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally congratulate you on your marriage and thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you and the wedding guests, and we are truly honored for your recognition of the service and amenities.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Is fantastic hotel, fully refurbished, near santa barbara, is clean, and nice customers service, I only stay there for one night but for sure, if I been in santa barbara again, I will stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor room was quiet and clean
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to write such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real? Share your experiences!