“wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Goleta
Nanning, China
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

my better half and I arrived late at night,the staff is very helpful.quiet,big&clean room with ketchen within our budget.it should be perfect if we could have more choice for the free breakfast.anyway it's a fantastic experience ,looking for stay here again.thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a fantastic experience staying at our hotel and that it was within your budget. Our breakfast is a standard amenity that is intended for those on the go, and I will pass on your comments regards the choice offered. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again, when your travels bring you back to our area.

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Goleta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had family come to town and they stayed here. It's a perfect location because it is situated in between Santa Barbara and Goleta....just a short distance from the freeway. There is also an In n' Out Burger across the street. This hotel has recently been renovated and is in great condition. My family liked the little kitchenette also, which made quick meals super easy. Clean rooms and clean carpets, and comfy beds. Plenty of parking and all of the amenities you can think of are here. Rates are competitive and guests can stay a day, a week or a month. (Yes, they do have monthly rates.)

Room Tip: There is no pool here and no fitness center.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. I am glad your family enjoyed their stay with us. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you or your family stay with us again. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Thank you to the Extended Stay Santa Barbara for your wonderful service and accomodations!
My wife and I celebrated our wedding in Santa Barbara in May and chose the Extended Stay for our out of town wedding guests. Our guests loved the rooms and the service of the hotel. We felt very welcomed upon check in and they also made sure that we were good and comfortable after settling in. Our guests stayed two nights and everyone had good things to say about the rooms and the comfortness of the hotel. There were a number of places we could have chosen for our guests who all were traveling from out of town for our wedding. We chose Extended Stay because of their very reasonable rates and were surprised by the cleanliness and niceness of the hotel for the price. The rooms are definitely as nice or nicer than many of the higher priced other hotels in the area. My wife and I stayed in the King Suite which had an oversized King Bed and Separate living room which was well needed for wedding preparations and accomodated the many visitors that entered our suite every few minutes. Thank you very much to Extended Stay Santa Barbara for your service and for accomodating our guests!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
I would like to personally congratulate you on your marriage and thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you and the wedding guests, and we are truly honored for your recognition of the service and amenities.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Is fantastic hotel, fully refurbished, near santa barbara, is clean, and nice customers service, I only stay there for one night but for sure, if I been in santa barbara again, I will stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor room was quiet and clean
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to write such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night. Forgot my shower stuff before staying here, they gave me really good soaps and tooth past. Good coffee and nice quick tasty breakfast. Had great sleep from the comfy bed.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to publish such a positive review of the Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. Your experience seems to have been a great one and we were happy to hear about it. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the newly upgraded hotel and that the service was to your satisfaction. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us, if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

2nd try with this brand and I should have learned from the first. EVERYTHING was terrible. Waited 15 min at check in for someone to come to the desk to help us. Rooms were clean but very outdated. Bathroom was filthy. Bathtub had a footprint from previous guest and shower curtain was so long it laid in the bathtub where im sure it has picked up a lot of nasty things. Sink clogged and staff unable to help or move us so we starred at our shavings from our beards for a few hours (NASTY). Soap, shampoo, and lotion are available.... but only at the front desk upon request? This was completely new to me and I travel very frequently. Construction all over the hotel which is understandable, but wait until 11am to get started and not 8 am. Only compliment was the lady working the desk in the mid afternoon. Very helpful with dinner options and local attractions. Other then that this place is just NO GOOD.

Room Tip: no pool and breakfast was coffee and cereal bars
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. As you had mentioned, we were undergoing some kitchen upgrade construction, at the time of your stay, and we could have done a better job of ensuring that the scheduling of this was better managed. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of the disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.
It seems like the bathroom area was also an issue and this is definitely being addressed. My apologies again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Where do I even begin?!? Never have I ever experienced such an amalgamation of the worst possible hotel experiences in one stay in my life. At check in, we asked if we could split the room charges in half since it was my friend and I sharing the cost of the room. The front desk general manager (who checked us in) said it would be no problem & took both of our cards. I found out later as we were leaving to sightsee that she charged my card twice. No big deal, easily fixable, only when she went to correct the transaction, she charged my friends card and my card again, no refund. Fun times. Good thing I had cash. The situation was rectified the next day, but not before I expressed the ridiculousness of her ineptitude when I found out my card had been charged 3 times the next morning.

Just a word to the wise; prepare yourself for the buffet of smells in the hallways. On any given moment it can smell like a dumpster, chinese takeout, or some serious b.o. I'm not sure if its the old building posing like a new building thing they have going or that the building itself is poorly constructed with little opportunities for ventilation or fresh air to circulate.

If that wasn't enough, our next door neighbors sound like theres a family of 8 running a track meet, which may bring me back to the poor construction of the building because the walls are so paper thin I can hear everything going on, even with our tv on. Not the hotel's fault, I'm reasonable, but it tends to make an already irritating situation more pronounced.

As I eluded to before, there seems to be an issue with competency with the staff. Its as though the ones who know what they are doing are not managers, as the managers lack the ability to multi-task or even single task if I'm talking about the night management (they dont answer their phone at night for some reason, even after 5 attempts) and they dont know how to make room keys either. I wont even get into the fiasco surrounding the room keys.

As far as location, its nice because you're far enough away from the SB "congestion" (quotes because I'm from LA and this is nothing) but close enough that you drive no more than 10 mins to get to all of it. The friendliness of the staff is great. You feel very welcomed when you come. If their competence was half their friendliness they would be the best Extended Stay in CA, hands down.

• Stayed April 2012
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Santa Barbara - Calle Real. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

It is my pleasure to respond to your concern about our night service. Our front desk operates between 7am and 11pm seven days/week and at night there is an attendant. In your case it seems that the attendant was unable to assist you and I apologize for this. We are looking into this, so it would not be a problem again.
In order to keep the hotel aroma fresh at all times, we do have odor neutralizers however it seems like during your stay, the aroma was not pleasant and I apologize for this. Your feedback has helped me to understand that we need to revisit the effectiveness of the odor machines and ventilation.

I was glad to hear in your review that the staff were friendly. Additional training will be provided to address their ability to take care of billing and addressing guest issues in the way they should be addressed.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we will be using your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Barbara - Calle Real? Share your experiences!