“Wonderful grounds and staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Enjoy $150 Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
new york
“Wonderful grounds and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a lovely time at the hotel. Very nice pool and amenities. Great restaurants. Had s'mores and hot chocolate for the kids. Rooms are okay. Would not say they are 5 star rooms but clean and comfortable. I would not get the accessible room unless you need it as the shower has no curtain/door and the counter space is very limited. Spoke with nick and manager and he was very helpful in accommodating us given that we didn't know the bathroom would be that way. A little far from Santa Barbara but not too far that you cannot go in. Beach could use some chairs and umbrellas.

Stayed October 2013
Kathleen C, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with your family. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our pools and amenities. I am also happy that our front desk supervisor Nick was able to help you with your room accommodations. We offer beach chairs and umbrellas during the summer and by request. We hope that you will enjoy this on your next visit to Bacara.

Kathleen Cochran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I were looking for somewhere special for our 30th Wedding Anniversary and found it in the Bacara Resort. Our villa was amazing overlooking the pool and just a short walk from the ocean. It was pricey but only ate on property once. There is parking by the tennis courts that you can park at for free and avoid the $30 per night charge. It was no further to walk there then up front. We did do a couples massage and found the spa lovely. We were there during the week so it was very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing about your recent stay for your anniversary. Happy Anniversary! We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Starting with the Valet service to the reception, the way to the room, the room, Miro , noise and lights in the night, the hold room service and back to the valet service- it was worst experience.

Bistro food service was good. Really needed to pull ourselves together to have a good time in spite of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent stay at Bacara. While I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your food and service at The Bistro, I am truly disappointed that we did not meet and exceed your expectations in all other areas of that stay. To that end, I have contacted you privately so that I can get more details and address your concerns. I hope to connect with you soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Upon check in everything seemed ok. Nice place, nice pool, and nice view.. but that's as far as I'm going to go. It seems that this place charges you for even the air that you breath. Upon check out they charged 30 for daily parking which is a must because the "glamorous Bacara" gives you no choice. To add to this someone charged my room $250.00. I disputed the charge because I never even had dinner there. It was a hastle to even get that corrected. Overall be careful with this so called resort... as they say things are no always as they appear. Oh and by the way the beds are horrible, you will not have a good nights rest. You will leave more tired then when you came in.

• Stayed September 2013
Kathleen C, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. While I see that you enjoyed our pools and views, I am so sorry you did not have an overall good experience. I am happy to report that the vast majority of our guests truly love spending time here. In fact, many of them return again and again. We hope you will give us another try.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually go for big resorts, but this was the only place I could find near Santa Barbara with beach frontage and a pool. We ended up loving this place! The pool is a highlight for sure, but the rooms are also really nice, with a beautiful soaking tub central to the room and a nice big veranda for enjoying the fresh air. Over the weekend, there was a fair amount of "new money" coming in from LA, but on the weekdays, it was quiet and serene. And they have so many nice touches...the spa facilities are included in the resort fee, so are free to use whenever you like. They have wine happy hours on Friday nights. They even had little goo-gone packets to clean the tar from your feet after visiting the beach. I also loved the daily fitness classes also included in the fees. They seemed to think of everything. The restaurants were good, but not mind blowing (we preferred to head to town anyway). The only thing I didn't like was the mandatory valet. Waste of time. If you go wine tasting, make sure to ask the valet for the complimentary tasting pass. A nice bonus!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. I loved reading your review and we hope to welcome you back to paradise soon.

Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great service, I mean truly great service, is not easy to come by, but we experienced it at The Bistro. In fact it was so good I would recommend making the trip just to get Ethan as your server.

My wife and I ate there one night (breakfast time was a different story) recently and our server rattled off the specials as crisply as he could recite the names of his family members. As well, he could describe the nuances of any dish as if he were the chef himself. He had the ability to play at that ultra high level yet be down home comfortable when it was clear to him that such familiarity was okay, even desirable.

In fact it was soooooooo good that I fainted from the experience and made my very first ride in an ambulance (I throw in this tidbit only so the staff knows who is writing). To them thank you for the attentiveness; know that I am alive and quite well and learning to deal with very low blood pressure. I was released before midnight and felt great the next morning, as I do right now. Thank you again for the help.

Room Tip: Some views are better than others. Go for it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen C, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent dinner at The Bistro. More importantly, I am happy to read that you are healthy and doing well. We can’t wait to welcome you back for another visit soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked into the Bacara Resort and Spa for three nights to celebrate my Wife's birthday as well as our 1 year wedding anniversary. Kathleen and her team, Nathalie and Merlyn, made sure that our stay was a memorable one. The grounds were well manicured and beautiful, the pools and beach were amazing, and the staff/housekeeping were awesome! I even had the opportunity to get some pointers from Norman in the weight room where they do daily classes - a great guy!

Goleta is about 15 mins North of Santa Barbara, however there are some great little stores near the University about 5-10 mins away.

All in all, a great trip and we won't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip for your wife’s birthday and anniversary. I am so pleased to read that you had such a wonderful time for both of your special occasions. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kathleen Cochran

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!