We stayed at the Bacara Resort for 1 night (8th September) on our way from Monterey to LA. When we made the booking we thought it would be a great, family stop - given the pictures on the website of the beach and the pool. At a total cost of just over $1,000 AUD for our two, interconnecting rooms for the 1 night we were really expecting something special.
Sadly, the accommodation was really average. Our rooms were very tired, the carpets were stained and both were incredibly dusty, giving us all itchy eyes and noses. While we hadn't paid for a room with a view we did expect a nice outlook onto the garden for our $1,000 AUD. However, we got a depressing view of the rear of the building in front.
While the kids did enjoy the pool. The beach was nothing like in the pictures. There are horrible looking oil rigs directly off the resort beach which made me concerned as to whether it was safe to swim and a dead fish on the sand directly at the end of the resort walkway onto the beach didn't do much to allay my concerns.
The only part we really enjoyed was the food. We had dinner and breakfast at the Bistro and really enjoyed both - great selection for adults and children. The service also was very good.
To the credit of the management, when we checked out I voiced my disappointment regarding the rooms and they agreed to reduce the cost of one of our dinners.
Overall we felt the resort was horrendously overpriced and would recommend you stay somewhere else and just visit for dinner!
- Also Known As:
- Bacara Hotel
- Bacara Resort
- Bacara Resort Spa
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bacara Resort & Spa offers a luxurious hotel and family experience right outside Santa Barbara, California. Experience laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort at Bacara. Nestled on 78 magnificent beachfront acres, Bacara provides a vacation experience like no other. Whether you’re here for business or pleasure, we’ll pamper you with dazzling facilities, suites and the incomparable Santa Barbara sun and surf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.