We traveled to the West Coast the last 3 summers and stayed at 9-10 hotels throughout our travels. La Bacara offers a unique experience on several accounts. First, the property is composed of multiple villas that are Spanish Colonial in style and are set on top of a cliff overlooking the Pacific- the landscaping is well manicured with lush gardens and tropical palm trees; quaint walkways with benches along the way. The rooms are decorated in old world Spanish style- which was quite cozy. We had a suite with 2 balconies and 2 terraces. The fireplace in the suite was very charming for the cool nights.
I thought an area of improvement could have been the mattresses- maybe too soft for my liking. The rooms were clean and we were quite comfortable.
Second- the service was above average and we found the staff to be quite accomodating and willing to process special requests. A special thank you to Cody who assisted us in
obtaining a special wine!!
Thanks to Otis at the Tennis Center for assisting with the towels and water and the court. Also, for his friendliness and just being nice! The courts are clay at La Bacara- an unusual find on the west coast and that combined with perfect weather made for a pleasant tennis experience. The courts are a bit far from the villas- but jitney carts are available upon request if you choose not to walk- they can take you door to door to your villa.
Third- The food was good. I'm from Manhattan so my standards are a bit high but we enjoyed breakfast at Spa Cafe and we enjoyed dinner at Miro.
The Spa was nice- about average for most hotels. Nothing exceptional stands out. I enjoyed my massage.
The Spa pool was a very relaxing experience- you can use it everyday without going to the Spa- that is special!! Also- it is quiet without children or excessive noise permitted. They do serve food and drinks- great smoothies!!
As far as the Beach House and Beach- that was a bit disappointing- the beach house is quite far from the villas and the beach is not that clean- so I would not recommend that.
All in all, it was a very positive experience at this boutique property and I can highly recommend it!!
Special Tip: Obtain villa near Spa- that is where we spent most time- for breakfast, pool, boutique, spa services....
Beware- parking fee- 30/night
Tennis fee-25/hour court time
Internet- we needed to buy the premium package for 14.95/night as free Wifi kept freezing up
- Also Known As:
- Bacara Hotel
- Bacara Resort
- Bacara Resort Spa
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bacara Resort & Spa offers a luxurious hotel and family experience right outside Santa Barbara, California. Experience laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort at Bacara. Nestled on 78 magnificent beachfront acres, Bacara provides a vacation experience like no other. Whether you’re here for business or pleasure, we’ll pamper you with dazzling facilities, suites and the incomparable Santa Barbara sun and surf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Amex, Olotels, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.