“Luxuriously Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Luxuriously Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Although priced on the higher end of the scale, this resort really takes the cake when it comes to amenities, service, and quality. The rooms are nice but the mattresses, pillows, and bedding are the standouts here. When I'm away from home, I want to know that where I rest my head is pristine and I need to be able to get a good night's rest; Bacara delivers on that like few other places in the area can so that, on it's own, is worth the premium.

There are 2 gorgeous pools on the premises and 1 adults only pool that's nice but not gorgeous. There's a spa facility that rivals some of the best in LA and, again, pretty much sets the tone for getting much deserved rest and rejuvenation.

I'm not a fan of the 'fine dining' restaurant on premises - Miro. The dinner was fine and service, as always, was spot on, but there are nicer meals to be had in Santa Barbara for less. The breakfast, however, is just fantastic. Again, it carries a premium price but the view and setting for a solid breakfast and coffee overlooking the Pacific is a much nicer experience (to me) than the experience at Miro.

It is also quite family-friendly so I'd recommend for couples just as well as families.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen C, General Manager at Bacara Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed our luxurious bedding, amenities and service. While I was pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast as well as the service at Miró, I am sorry to read that you were not thoroughly pleased with your dinner. I am confident that we will meet and exceed your expectations on your next visit and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kathleen Cochran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to lunch at the bistro 8/17/13 and it was busy. Why wouldn't it be? This resort is located right on the beach. The staff was friendly and the food was great. Service is very friendly. Only drawback is people let there kids run around, actually heard a women complain her server didn't controll her kids! I couldn't believe my ears I was beside myself and the manager kept his cool. Food is fresh and management is very professional and we loved every second. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent lunch at The Bistro. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff and wonderful cuisine. Sorry about the crazy kids that day, normally the majority of our guests and children do not behave in the manner that you described. We can’t wait for you to return and hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and it was the best choice. It's post card gorgeous, 5+ star service. We didn't want to leave the resort. Relaxing atmosphere, incredibly friendly stuff, huge rooms with balconies. We almost paid $400 for some 3 star motel downtown Santa Barbara. For a little more, we rented a car and stayed in paradise. It was one of the most memorable spots I have visited

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Happy Anniversary! I was happy to read that you didn’t want to leave the resort and we hope to welcome you back for many more memorable stays in the future.

Santa Barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were absolutely spoiled from start to finish. Keith at the front desk greeted us with a smile that would brighten any day! Keith's expertise and sense of overall knowledge of the resort & it's happenings started us off on the right foot. Our room was not ready upon check in because we came earlier than expected. With confidence, Keith ensured us that we would be available in no time allowing us to start soaking up this experience. After a few brief minutes, we were warmly greeted by Nathan from bell to show us to our room. Nathan swiftly scooped our bags up and escorted us to our cart. Some of our guests had wondered off to the Spa, in which he graciously made a detour to 'gather the troops'. His wonderful sense of humor was so perfectly balanced with his professionalism that we were ready to do another lap around the village! My much needed Spa fix was true delight. Coral from the spa walked me through the whole facility, explaining all of the amenities that were available for me. It was so nice knowing that I was in such good hands! Half way through my visit, Coral took the time to follow up on my experience, asking if there was anything that I needed. These details are what make Bacara stand out from other resorts! Everything was stunning. Room was unbelievable. Service was implacable.

Room Tip: If you are a family with young ones, be sure to splurged a little for a suite. If you are couple, d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Bacara. I loved reading that you enjoyed our stunning resort, unbelievable amenities and impeccable service. I will be sure to share your kind comments about Keith, Nathan & Coral with their managers. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

spent the last 5 days @ this glorious resort located directly on the Pacific ocean looking out @ the Channel islands.

amazing restaurants , meticulously manicured grounds , spacious suite w/ wood burning fireplace
and views of the Ocean , nearly perfect Privacy and a staff that could not do enough for you .

absolutely everyone we encountered , from valets to front office to wait staff , were well trained , courteous , and sincere in their mission to spoil you & make you feel at home .

the Miro restaurant , is stunningly beautiful w/ incredibly delicious offerings . they are Quite serious about fine dining and have an impeccable yet reasonably priced wine list.

the Bistro , while a more casual spot to dine , has wonderful views & a wide variety of interesting
choices for dinner as well.

the Spa & spa cafe are as Good as it Gets !

this Resort is Serious about what they do , and no one deos it Better than Bacara .

Room Tip: full ocean & partial ocean views are breathtaking !
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at Bacara to celebrate our 50th birthdays. Wonderful spa and massage! Everything about the stay was great with only one complaint... The food at The Bistro. The chicken in my salad was undercooked on my first meal and at breakfast the next morning the hot food at the buffet was not hot. The service was also slow. I'm sure now that there is a new executive chef the food will be a lot better. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent stay for your 50th birthday. It was great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We just re-opened the Bistro on July 4th with a new Chef and dining room and I am confident that your dining experience was a rare exception and I am pleased to read that you will be back. We look forward to welcoming you to Bacara for another wonderful visit!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Spent one day there for anniversary. Overall, it is a five star place but there were two issues that dinged the experience which one would not ding for had it not been a top tier resort ie expectaitons are higher.
We got a special package which you can only get via calling them. One ding there since most start online and what is on phone and what is on internet should be the same.The package included spa services for two but what we got on phone and what we got there initially when we checked in and then what we got finally were not one and the same. So some discrepancy there.

The room was great. The facilities were impeccable. Cabana pool service awesome. Staff excellent. Pretty much all great. One downfall was paying extra for a resort fee. At these prices,it should be part of the room rate. Why bill more?

The spa was very good but not on par with what you'd expect from this caliber place. Service on women side was iffy. Was fine on men side. For a resort spa, one would expect more amenities including rain showers. The men and women lounges were separate with a third 'co-ed' lounge in between. Not too many choices for drinks and edibles. So overall less than expected.

But honestly overall was an excellent gotta do it once in your lifetime type place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bacara Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!