I'll start with the positive - this place is gorgeous and right on the ocean. It's far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Santa Barbara proper that it's a nice place to get away and relax. The pool is incredible, the rooms are beautiful (with a fireplace and the most comfortable bed to boot!) and the grounds are breathtaking.
Now the negative - we had a bunch of service hiccups from start to finish. I'm not a picky person but it almost became laughable how many things happened. Our friends who we were traveling with all had complimentary bottles of wine in their rooms, we did not - when we pointed this out to the front desk they apologized and said they'd send one down but it never came. Our waiter at the nice (& expensive!) restaurant Miro was either new or having a breakdown - he got so many things wrong and was bumbling, late and frazzled the whole dinner. Our waitress at the bar later was the same way, getting orders wrong, etc. But most importantly, we had the loudest neighbors who kept us up from 1100pm on, laughing, in and our of their room slamming their doors and I was surprised how the noise traveled. We finally gave up at midnight and called the front desk, were told security would handle it, yet the noise continued to way past 2am. We both had our ear plugs in and a white noise app on an iPhone cranking, yet we still couldn't sleep.
I will have to say, the front desk handled it well upon check out and did apologize and comp us our dinner, so I appreciate how it was handled. But, for a quiet getaway resort, I was so disappointed we couldn't enjoy our comfy room and bed more. I would suggest a room on the top floor or request to stay away from wedding parties so you do not have our same experience, because otherwise this place really is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bacara Resort & Spa offers a luxurious hotel and family experience right outside Santa Barbara, California. Experience laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort at Bacara. Nestled on 78 magnificent beachfront acres, Bacara provides a vacation experience like no other. Whether you’re here for business or pleasure, we’ll pamper you with dazzling facilities, suites and the incomparable Santa Barbara sun and surf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara