Bacara is a great place for a business meeting, however it is far removed from other social opportunities. The property is beautiful and my room was lovely. It was described as a Villa and had none of the sound issues mentioned by other reviewers. The room was spacious and very well equipped.
Meals at Miro and the spa cafe were very enjoyable. With a group of about 15, the meal service at Miro was very smooth and the food was delicious.
I understood the tar on the beach to be occasional. Other reviewers mentioned going barefoot on the beach. Feet are easier to clean than shoes, especially sport shoes with gridded soles. I wish I had known. My husband spent 1 1/2 hours with a putty knife and paint thinner cleaning our shoes once we arrived home. It kind of took the fun out of the memories of our weekend.
The Bacara spa is beautiful with a lovely private spa pool. Facilities are very nice and include large lounge areas with a fireplace. My concern is that the staff at the desk appeared to be uninformed about the services offered, both for skin and nails. I made my facial appointment in person because I wanted to express that I have sensitive skin and that that should be taken into account. Apparently no note was made. The staff stressed that the therapists were professional and would evaluate my skin. I also told the therapist that my skin was very sensitive. Now, on day 4, my face is raw in some places and very dry. The products used on me were for normal to oily skin. I am, and always have been, extremely dry. My husband says I aged 5 years over the weekend! Of course, this is repairable, but so disappointing. I am no longer inclined to have beauty services away from home. Given the isolation of the resort, the spa should be top-notch.
- Also Known As:
- Bacara Hotel
- Bacara Resort
- Bacara Resort Spa
- Santa Barbara Bacara Resort
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Spa Resort Santa Barbara
- Bacara Resort Santa Barbara Ca
- Bacara Santa Barbara
- Bacara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bacara Resort & Spa offers a luxurious hotel and family experience right outside Santa Barbara, California. Experience laid-back luxury and contemporary comfort at Bacara. Nestled on 78 magnificent beachfront acres, Bacara provides a vacation experience like no other. Whether you’re here for business or pleasure, we’ll pamper you with dazzling facilities, suites and the incomparable Santa Barbara sun and surf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Amex, Hotels.com, Olotels, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Bacara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.