“Perfect place to unwind” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Circle Bar B Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Goleta
Circle Bar B Guest Ranch
You added Circle Bar B Guest Ranch to your Saves list
1800 Refugio Canyon Road, Goleta, CA 93117   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Goleta B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Perfect place to unwind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The wife and I were looking forward to a weekend to unwind and relax, this is the perfect place to do that. Beautiful scenery, our cabin was nice and clean, the lodge is beautiful and relaxing. Best part of the trip was that our cell phones didn't work so we were forced to relax and do nothing but enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings and talk to each other. Make sure to catch a play in the theater, great performance. We took a four hour horse back ride, unbelievable views. I can't say it enough, the trail took us up the mountain with the most beautiful views of the ocean and the mountain. The pool was nice and warm also. The food was good here just wished there was some BBQ, they only serve BBQ on Fridays and we didn't arrive until Saturday. We definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a weekend to relax.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Moorpark, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We surprised our daughter for her 9th birthday with a weekend getaway and she was in heaven from the moment she came on the property. I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff and how attentive they are. From the first day they noticed that our family and two other families met and had fun while swimming and we found our places at mealtimes had moved to all be together so the kids could continue bonding. Little things like that are appreciated and they were great about it. Henry always remembered our favorite wines and had them ready for us too (mom and dad need SOME perks from the weekend too).
The horse wranglers were incredible and the horses were very well cared for and enjoyable too. They were very sweet to our daughter about coming to the stable repeatedly to bring "her horse" a treat and going to get him for her so she could say hi to him.
My daughter said on the second day "I never knew I could have so much fun without internet and tv!" Yay! Mission accomplished mom and dad. Back to basics in the game room with pool, ping pong, board games and good old fashioned hide-n-seek outside after dinner.
Relaxing in and by the pool after our 1/2 day ride was perfect! Our daughter played with her new firends and the adults both relaxed and joined in the fun.
The meals were incredible. It's going to take me a couple weeks to work off how much I ate in just 2 days! We love the ranch style service and comraderie it brings among the guests.
Thank you to the entire staff - we had a fabulous time and will be back!

Room Tip: WE staying the one of the ranch lodge rooms - it was very large and easily accomodated a king bed an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just completed our second trip to Circle Bar B Ranch. This time for extended July 4th weekend. We had previously gone for extended Thanksgiving weekend 2012. It was as wonderful just like last time. Close enough to Santa Barbara, Solvang etc for little daytrips but also removed
enough in it's lovely woodsy setting to feel like you are worlds away. The cabin was clean and well appointed. The value for the grounds, service and 3 meals per day included was extraordinary. Lovely staff, fun guests, everyone friendly and relaxed. We enjoyed the
pool and spa in it's woodsy pretty setting. Had a blast in the well equipped gameroom.
Hung out and played games in the lodge room and the library. Henry is the mix-master...makes
the best margaritas and bloody marys. My 9 year old son and I traveled together and we went to the dinner theater show which we did not get a chance to do last time (closed in the Fall). We saw the "Importance of being Earnest" in the cute little theater on the property and we both
enjoyed it alot. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. We will be back again and again!

Room Tip: We prefer the cabins because they have cute little wood burning fireplaces and free firewood stacked...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I had heard great things about the Circle Bar B many years ago and had always wanted to visit. We thought our 20th wedding anniversary would be the perfect time - and we were not disappointed! We absolutely loved it!!! From the minute we walked into the office and met Henry, we felt like we were staying with friends. We had orginally booked a regular cabin, but Kathy upgraded us to a creekside cottage to help celebrate our special anniversary. We loved every minute that we were there. It was so relaxing and peaceful and beautiful. We especially enjoyed our dinners with Jim - he knows alot about this region of California history and we had so much fun hearing his stories! We went horseback riding 2 times while we were there - the horses were great and so were the cowboys - I have nothing but good things to say about this place. I can't wait to go back and bring my 2 sons - they would love it!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The minute you leave the city of Goleta heading northward, you know you are in for a delightful change. Just about 15 minutes north you pull off the freeway and enter paradise. It's almost like going back in time. When life was slower, rustic, and filled with beautiful scenery. Your drive to the ranch takes you along rolling hills, trees, wild flowers, streams, deer and cows, surrounded by the Santa Ynez Mountains. When you arrive at the ranch, you are greeted with incredible hospitality from Kathy and Henry. They take the time to show you the facility which includes a pool and hot tub, horse stables, dining area, bar, library, large sitting area with a wonderful fireplace, and game room. Walking to your cabin, you notice the peacefulness, the gentle rustling of the leaves in the trees, and the gentle sounds of the stream. Our cabin was breath taking. It was warm, beautifully decorated, with everything you might need. The meals are cooked on site and you sit with the other guests. The food was good and the company was enjoyable. Throughout the visit Kathy and Henry check in with you periodically to make sure all your needs are met. On this visit we did not go horseback riding, but others that went said it was a great experience. (We chose to go hiking on the horse trails which was very nice too, just watch your step!) The people that care for the horses seem to know what they are doing and care about the horses and their riders. The ride takes you through some beautiful scenery and when you get to higher elevations there are wonderful views of the valley. All in all it was a wonderful and peaceful stay. We wanted to stay longer but our real lives were waiting. It was a great get away!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I love coming up to the ranch for relaxing. I love hanging out in their great room on the sofa, it feels just like home! The staff up there always make you feel like you are at home and that nothing you request is a bother...they are more than happy to accommodate you! Being a business owner with things so hectic I can't wait to get up there where everything is quiet and tranquil. Helps me to reset myself being in the midst of nature where there are trees, a bubbling creek, horses and fresh clean air! All meals are included in your stay which is something I have never seen and they are good meals too! Our kids played in the game room, while mom and dad relaxed in the jacuzzi and pool! It's fun going on horseback rides and hikes with the family, it's something embedded in our families memories! I highly recommend coming up here for a stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My 8 year old son and I stayed here for 4 nights over 2012 Thanksgiving weekend and we found this place to be a hidden gem!! Just first rate in every respect. I have travelled all over the world stayed at 5 star places. I have done many "dude ranch" type of stays including Alisal Ranch
which is very near to Circle Bar B. I must say Circle Bar B was an EXCEPTIONAL value and property as compared to Alisal. Many of the same amenities and activities but for half the
price. We had a cabin room which is clean and cozy and very nicely appointed. FREE firewood
and kindling stocked on our deck for a sweet potbelly stove. The property and grounds is wooded and beautiful. Lovely pool and jacuzzi, first class lounge/bar, comfie library sitting area in the main lodge, separate game room with pool table, foosball, pingpong and very spacious tv room with comfy sofas and satellite tv. breakfast and dinner buffet style served daily included in the room price and the food was delicious homestyle cooking with something yummy for everyone. Lunch is also included each day packed up picnic style to-go. Everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. My son and I had a great trail ride at the stables there and gave us a great overview of the beautiful property. It's conveniently close to all the Santa Barbara area attractions.I really can't say enough about this place, I am eagerly spreading the word so more folks can enjoy this lesser known treasure. Two things I'd say I would tweak but they are minor: if cabins had mini-fridges that'd be a big plus and if the dinner-time could start just a bit earlier say...630P instead of 7P that'd be a plus for those travelling with kids as the little people usually eat earlier than 7P.

Room Tip: The cabins have fireplaces which are a plus but do not have mini-fridge. The regular guest rooms ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Circle Bar B Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!