“Bring your space heater” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5490 Hollister Ave., Goleta, CA 93111   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Goleta
Chicago, IL
“Bring your space heater”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2006

This place is great until you have a problem, then good luck finding someone who gives a whit to help you. The property appears to be run by 18 year old boys. This is fine for check-in, check-out procedures, but they are also making executive decisions such as what to do when a problem arises. We had no heat in our room for 3 days, with outdoor temperatures in the 40's. The response from the front desk? "I really don't know how the heat works". Too bad, the rooms are nicely refurbished and I still enjoy the gardens. We've been staying here for years during visits to Santa Barbara, and this is the first time we've had a problem with a room. We'll be staying elsewhere on the next vist.

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — Response to request for room maintenance
  • Tips/Secrets — Verify all features of room are functional before unpacking
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GM_Pacfica_Suites, General Manager at Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, November 26, 2006
Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate the time that you took to offer your suggestions. Your feedback will help us to improve our service to our guests.

As the new General Manager of Pacifica Suites, I certainly apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I can also assure you that I will do everything I can to correct the problem.

Although I have inherited a young staff, they are eager to master the art of customer service. I have full confidence in their ability to do so. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our guests.

I have also read the comments of other reviewers. Their suggestions will assist me in targeting those areas that need improvement as well as continuing our efforts to build on our past successes.

Again, I appreciate your feedback. If you wish to contact me directly about your concerns, please do not hesitate to do so.

Kurt Picillo
Pacifica Suites

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)

Been to Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara

Address: 5490 Hollister Ave., Goleta, CA 93111
Location: United States > California > Goleta
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Goleta
#1 Family Hotel in Goleta
#1 Business Hotel in Goleta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara 3.5*
Experience a grand property anchored by the historic Sexton House and exotic plants and flowers and stay within easy access of area attractions, beaches and activities. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Loews Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
Pacifica Hotel Santa Barbara
Pacifica Santa Barbara

If you own or manage Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.