“Close to UCSB” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Goleta
Lafayette, California
“Close to UCSB”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Front desk staff was welcoming.
Room was a nice size, bed was comfortable.
Included hot breakfast was convenient and helped us stay on time.
Road noise was somewhat annoying but we were in a room closest to the highway so other rooms would be better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here for a quick one-night trip up to Santa Barbara with the kids.
Room was clean and quiet. Service was great. Pool and jacuzzi were warm/hot and clean. I have a pool of my own pool, and I'm a bit meticulous about it, so having my kids jump in a Hotel pool always gives me the creeps. I could tell right off that the pool water was very well cared for and it was clear and clean. Even I jumped in. We had a "zoo package" which included 4 free tix to the Zoo and a free complimentary made-to-order breakfast for 4. Breakfast burritos were great. Coffees, espresso machine, muffins, bagels, juice, cereals, eggs, pancakes, waffles, omelettes. All free!. Kids had a blast.
Really can't complain about anything. The only "OK" thing (which is really no big deal) is that our room was painted with an "apartment beige" color. Kinda boring,,, but the room was super clean. (Another thing that I'm super picky about. I bring my own can of lysol when staying at hotels). Beds were super comfortable, however that's a personal preference.
I think the hotel staff is going above and beyond to keep the place clean, attractive, and enjoyable. I commend the staff for that. It may not be the Ritz, but if you stay here, I believe you'll have to really think long and hard about what you'll complain about after your stay.
Will return next year or sooner for sure.

Room Tip: We were in an upstairs room in a wing that was not right off the pool, but close enough to it. (chec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sammamish, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is off a major road and is two miles from Goleta Beach. However, it is surprisingly nice. Its location is ideal next to airport and UCSB (no more than 5 minutes by car). Santa Barbara is a 15-minute drive. The grounds are attractive, and our room, which faced the pool and hot tub, was quiet. Spacious, comfy rooms and great, free, cooked-to-order breakfast. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Poway, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for a mini vacation Thurs-Sun. to explore Santa Barbara. We've stayed at a Pacificia hotel in Pismo Beach before so we kind of knew what to expect. This one in Santa Barbara exceeded our expectations! From the wonder staff to the breakfast cooks...we had a wonderful time. The suite was roomy & comfortable with two TV's. We were only 10 minutes away from downtown. It was nice to have a cooked to order breakfast before we left for the day. On Thursday they had a wine, cheese & crackers night in the Fireside room. Wish they did every night. The historical house on the property is worth looking at too. Ask for a brochure about it. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: You can hear the people walking around upstairs...but that is at all hotels.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here 9 days in Jan 2013. I had a nice 1 bedroom suite with balcony towards the back of the property, overlooking the soccer field of the neighbouring school. The price was reasonable. Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially in the kitchen. The full breakfast was very good (they have an espresso machine), and the free wine and beer at happy hour is a nice touch, too. The property is close to UCSB and to the beach, which is great. Downtown Santa Barbara is an easy 10 minute drive. Overall, highly recommended, I will stay there again when I'm in the area. Thanks.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Laramie, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Lots of good things about this hotel: nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff, lovely grounds, good breakfast freshly cooked to order, convenient location to the airport, UCSB campus and beach and bikes for rent at a reasonable price. And happy hour too! Our research team likes to stay here when we have meetings at the university -- I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms that look out toward the pool area are best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The pros:

The pros totally outweigh the cons here. Nice room, plenty of space, in-room thermostat works well, good free wi-fi, breakfast included, comfy bed, extra pillows, robes in closet, lots of counter space around the sink, sink/mirror area separate from tub/toilet, two nice-sized TVs, reasonable decor (bit brown for my taste, but still nice), friendly staff. We arrived before checkin time, but the room was ready so they checked us in early.

The cons:

Only a couple, and they are minor. Heating is a bit noisy, but it works well. There is an elementary school playground right next door, and the kiddies were screaming for joy most of the morning. (I didn't mind much... I like kids, and there are worse things in this world than listening to kids have a good time... but you might want to request a room away from the playground if you stay here.) Those really were the only two things that were bothersome. EXCEPT...

The Dealbreaker:

I noted that the water in the toilet looked "used," so I flushed it... same thing. Hmmm... I filled up the bathtub (I wanted a nice soak for tired legs and feet) and it's a good thing I did that before I made the mistake of drinking the tap water. The water was positively BROWN. I had put a hand towel in the water, and accidentally left it when the water was draining so that the water had to drain *through* it. It ended up looking like I had been cleaning filthy floors with it. I would have guessed that their water heaters are getting old and rusty, except that the cold water does exactly the same thing. No way would I want to bathe in this stuff (and I especially wouldn't want to bathe my kids in it), let alone drink it!

It's such a shame, because other than that I'd heartily recommend staying here. It's a nice place, and I hope they can take care of whatever is causing the water issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elementary school if you don't want to listen to the kiddies playin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PacificaSuitesGM335, General Manager at Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear 2D4DS,

Thank you for choosing the Pacifica Suites during your recent visit to Santa Barbara, and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to hear that you did enjoy the many amenities and value that we offer our guests, and that you were provided with great service from our staff. It is our goal to provide each guest with an exceptional experience, and I regret to hear of any discomfort caused to you by your concerns with the water quality. The cause of the issue was quickly identified and has since been repaired.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an improved experience.

Warm Regards,
Tiffany Lesperance

Been to Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!