“Close to UCSB and Airport” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5490 Hollister Ave., Goleta, CA 93111   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Goleta
Sammamish, WA
“Close to UCSB and Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is off a major road and is two miles from Goleta Beach. However, it is surprisingly nice. Its location is ideal next to airport and UCSB (no more than 5 minutes by car). Santa Barbara is a 15-minute drive. The grounds are attractive, and our room, which faced the pool and hot tub, was quiet. Spacious, comfy rooms and great, free, cooked-to-order breakfast. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Poway, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for a mini vacation Thurs-Sun. to explore Santa Barbara. We've stayed at a Pacificia hotel in Pismo Beach before so we kind of knew what to expect. This one in Santa Barbara exceeded our expectations! From the wonder staff to the breakfast cooks...we had a wonderful time. The suite was roomy & comfortable with two TV's. We were only 10 minutes away from downtown. It was nice to have a cooked to order breakfast before we left for the day. On Thursday they had a wine, cheese & crackers night in the Fireside room. Wish they did every night. The historical house on the property is worth looking at too. Ask for a brochure about it. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: You can hear the people walking around upstairs...but that is at all hotels.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here 9 days in Jan 2013. I had a nice 1 bedroom suite with balcony towards the back of the property, overlooking the soccer field of the neighbouring school. The price was reasonable. Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially in the kitchen. The full breakfast was very good (they have an espresso machine), and the free wine and beer at happy hour is a nice touch, too. The property is close to UCSB and to the beach, which is great. Downtown Santa Barbara is an easy 10 minute drive. Overall, highly recommended, I will stay there again when I'm in the area. Thanks.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Laramie, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Lots of good things about this hotel: nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff, lovely grounds, good breakfast freshly cooked to order, convenient location to the airport, UCSB campus and beach and bikes for rent at a reasonable price. And happy hour too! Our research team likes to stay here when we have meetings at the university -- I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms that look out toward the pool area are best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The pros:

The pros totally outweigh the cons here. Nice room, plenty of space, in-room thermostat works well, good free wi-fi, breakfast included, comfy bed, extra pillows, robes in closet, lots of counter space around the sink, sink/mirror area separate from tub/toilet, two nice-sized TVs, reasonable decor (bit brown for my taste, but still nice), friendly staff. We arrived before checkin time, but the room was ready so they checked us in early.

The cons:

Only a couple, and they are minor. Heating is a bit noisy, but it works well. There is an elementary school playground right next door, and the kiddies were screaming for joy most of the morning. (I didn't mind much... I like kids, and there are worse things in this world than listening to kids have a good time... but you might want to request a room away from the playground if you stay here.) Those really were the only two things that were bothersome. EXCEPT...

The Dealbreaker:

I noted that the water in the toilet looked "used," so I flushed it... same thing. Hmmm... I filled up the bathtub (I wanted a nice soak for tired legs and feet) and it's a good thing I did that before I made the mistake of drinking the tap water. The water was positively BROWN. I had put a hand towel in the water, and accidentally left it when the water was draining so that the water had to drain *through* it. It ended up looking like I had been cleaning filthy floors with it. I would have guessed that their water heaters are getting old and rusty, except that the cold water does exactly the same thing. No way would I want to bathe in this stuff (and I especially wouldn't want to bathe my kids in it), let alone drink it!

It's such a shame, because other than that I'd heartily recommend staying here. It's a nice place, and I hope they can take care of whatever is causing the water issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elementary school if you don't want to listen to the kiddies playin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PacificaSuitesGM335, General Manager at Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear 2D4DS,

Thank you for choosing the Pacifica Suites during your recent visit to Santa Barbara, and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to hear that you did enjoy the many amenities and value that we offer our guests, and that you were provided with great service from our staff. It is our goal to provide each guest with an exceptional experience, and I regret to hear of any discomfort caused to you by your concerns with the water quality. The cause of the issue was quickly identified and has since been repaired.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an improved experience.

Warm Regards,
Tiffany Lesperance
Bakersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Rooms were clean and convenient for our family of 4. My infant daughter and I shared the pull out couch. My husband and toddler the bedroom as I didn't want to wake them during our night time feedings. The couch bed was great by pull out bed standards, but not otherwise. I was pleasantly surprised. The bed in the bedroom was excellent. The room was smartly furnished and shutters gave it a nice feel. Good amenities with a convenient fridge to house our abundance of milk. Close to restaurants that are kid friendly and only 10 min to SB. Breakfast was nice... not anything spectacular but much better than your average suites. Parking was convenient too.

• Stayed February 2013
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a little jewel of a hotel with service that harkens back to the age when excellent customer service was commonplace. Although I know what to expect here, I am delighted every time I visit. The staff is wonderfully attentive, rooms spacious and clean, beds heavenly and bathrooms in perfect order. I've spent much more for a room in downtown SB and have received a fraction of what this place offers. The breakfast is good, with something for everyone. This is an excellent motel for parents of UCSB students. My daughter stays with me and enjoys the breakfast at the end of our weekend visit.

Room Tip: I've had both poolside and parking lot view rooms and they are equal in quality. They all seem v...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!