“Treat to stay here on business trips” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5490 Hollister Ave., Goleta, CA 93111   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Goleta
Laramie, Wyoming
“Treat to stay here on business trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Lots of good things about this hotel: nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff, lovely grounds, good breakfast freshly cooked to order, convenient location to the airport, UCSB campus and beach and bikes for rent at a reasonable price. And happy hour too! Our research team likes to stay here when we have meetings at the university -- I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms that look out toward the pool area are best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The pros:

The pros totally outweigh the cons here. Nice room, plenty of space, in-room thermostat works well, good free wi-fi, breakfast included, comfy bed, extra pillows, robes in closet, lots of counter space around the sink, sink/mirror area separate from tub/toilet, two nice-sized TVs, reasonable decor (bit brown for my taste, but still nice), friendly staff. We arrived before checkin time, but the room was ready so they checked us in early.

The cons:

Only a couple, and they are minor. Heating is a bit noisy, but it works well. There is an elementary school playground right next door, and the kiddies were screaming for joy most of the morning. (I didn't mind much... I like kids, and there are worse things in this world than listening to kids have a good time... but you might want to request a room away from the playground if you stay here.) Those really were the only two things that were bothersome. EXCEPT...

The Dealbreaker:

I noted that the water in the toilet looked "used," so I flushed it... same thing. Hmmm... I filled up the bathtub (I wanted a nice soak for tired legs and feet) and it's a good thing I did that before I made the mistake of drinking the tap water. The water was positively BROWN. I had put a hand towel in the water, and accidentally left it when the water was draining so that the water had to drain *through* it. It ended up looking like I had been cleaning filthy floors with it. I would have guessed that their water heaters are getting old and rusty, except that the cold water does exactly the same thing. No way would I want to bathe in this stuff (and I especially wouldn't want to bathe my kids in it), let alone drink it!

It's such a shame, because other than that I'd heartily recommend staying here. It's a nice place, and I hope they can take care of whatever is causing the water issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elementary school if you don't want to listen to the kiddies playin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PacificaSuitesGM335, General Manager at Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear 2D4DS,

Thank you for choosing the Pacifica Suites during your recent visit to Santa Barbara, and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to hear that you did enjoy the many amenities and value that we offer our guests, and that you were provided with great service from our staff. It is our goal to provide each guest with an exceptional experience, and I regret to hear of any discomfort caused to you by your concerns with the water quality. The cause of the issue was quickly identified and has since been repaired.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an improved experience.

Warm Regards,
Tiffany Lesperance
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Rooms were clean and convenient for our family of 4. My infant daughter and I shared the pull out couch. My husband and toddler the bedroom as I didn't want to wake them during our night time feedings. The couch bed was great by pull out bed standards, but not otherwise. I was pleasantly surprised. The bed in the bedroom was excellent. The room was smartly furnished and shutters gave it a nice feel. Good amenities with a convenient fridge to house our abundance of milk. Close to restaurants that are kid friendly and only 10 min to SB. Breakfast was nice... not anything spectacular but much better than your average suites. Parking was convenient too.

• Stayed February 2013
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a little jewel of a hotel with service that harkens back to the age when excellent customer service was commonplace. Although I know what to expect here, I am delighted every time I visit. The staff is wonderfully attentive, rooms spacious and clean, beds heavenly and bathrooms in perfect order. I've spent much more for a room in downtown SB and have received a fraction of what this place offers. The breakfast is good, with something for everyone. This is an excellent motel for parents of UCSB students. My daughter stays with me and enjoys the breakfast at the end of our weekend visit.

Room Tip: I've had both poolside and parking lot view rooms and they are equal in quality. They all seem v...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel just outside the UC Santa Barbara campus. It has nice suites that come in very handy if you have kids. The breakfast is good and the staff is very pleasant and accommodating. You can't go wrong. We will no doubt become regulars until our daughter graduates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My family of 6 stayed at Pacifica suites in July of 2012. The purpose of staying at this hotel was to visit the city of SB, the beaches and attractions. The hotel is quiet and on pretty grounds with lovely landscaping. Our room had 2 beds in the bedroom and a pull out sofa in the livingroom. The room also had a patio which was great. The breakfast was wonderful with everything you could want in a breakfast. The staff was nice and we would without a doubt, stay here again. I did have one concern though but never did address it with the staff but should have and that was that the toilet and sink water was a little on the brownish side, a little bit of a light rust color (see pic). I didn't think too much of it because we weren't drinking the water but it did seem a little odd. Thinking about it now, I hope the water used to cook breakfast wasn't a rusty color. Other than that, we had a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

I wouldn't recommend trying to find this place in the dark since the entrance sneaks up on you right before a freeway on ramp -- the hotel itself is somewhat secluded, which is nice because it is close to the road, but we did not experience any noise.

Our room was spacious, quiet and clean, and the hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. The made-to-order breakfast was nice, and parking was not difficult to find in the private lot.

It is pretty close to the airport (we drove, but that is good to know for a future visit). I was in town to run a race which started about 2 miles down the road, which made it pretty convenient for race morning. On the other days of our stay, we went to Goleta Beach and UCSB -- both of those were also easy to access from this hotel.

For the Starbucksians, there is one within a 5 minute drive, and a really good pie place in walking distance. The hotel also offers free coffee in the lobby most (all?) of the time.

Room Tip: We had a second floor suite that was accessed from an interior hall -- I believe the ones with exter...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara? Share your experiences!