My husband and I got home just a few hours ago and I feel compelled to review Pacifica Suites (my first review ever on TA) since I think I have some helpful info to add to the many reviews here.
A few things I consider noteworthy:
1) We stayed in a "traditional king suite" which was adjacent to a freeway on-ramp. Unlike some previous reviewers, we heard NO road noise throughout our 3-night visit. Granted, we kept the room fan (via thermostat) on at all times because we're used to white noise at home, but even still, the walls are thick and the outside noise was minimal.
2) Our room came with a DVD player and a fridge, would guess they all do (I didn't see these amenities listed on their website). We went to the local grocery store and bought some liquid refreshments, and hit up a Red Box during our stay (right down the road at the 7-11). Also, microwaves are available via the front desk for free per request. TV's have inputs so you can hook-up your computer.
3) The hotel has bicycles available to rent and the prices are reasonable (up to $20 for 4+ hours/full day). They all looked like beach cruisers, but would have handled the many paved bicycle paths in the area.
4) Breakfast options were plentiful and tasty. The dining area was ridiculously packed the first 2 mornings with some uninsightful guests who didn't know how to get out of their own way, but we were always able to find a table and enjoy our breakfast.
5) Fresh coffee, decaf and hot water for tea/large selection of tea bags are available in the lobby 24/7 as are to-go cups.
We arrived on Thanksgiving in time for the Manager's Reception (5 - 7PM) which offers guests their choice of beer or wine and multiple snacks. There was no limit on how many drinks you could get.
Overall, we were VERY happy with Pacifica Suites. Every staff person we encountered was friendly and eager to accommodate which made our getaway close to perfect. We look forward to returning sooner than later.
P.S. A few more points: the hotel is technically in Goleta. One of the staff recommended we eat at the Natural Cafe--a mostly vegetarian, (very) casual restaurant (that serves milkshakes ;) BIG winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a grand property anchored by the historic Sexton House and exotic plants and flowers and stay within easy access of area attractions, beaches and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacifica Suites Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Pacifica Hotel Santa Barbara
- Pacifica Santa Barbara