“I loved the Day's Inn-Its Shangra-La” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Glendale

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 West Pioneer Drive, I-134 & Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91203   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Salt Lake City Utah
“I loved the Day's Inn-Its Shangra-La”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

The Day's Inn Glendlae is truly Shangra-Law. There is no better place in the world that I would rather stay at.

I loved the pool and the bar and the restaurant have absolutely divine food.

The hotel staff is very friendly and warm and cordial and willing to to whatever is necessary to make one feel comfortable.

I am single and I loved the convenience of having people come from all over southern California attend the singles dances. It is true parking is difficult on the weekends because of the singles dances but once you know that you make arrangments to accomodoate it.

The location of the hotel is very very good. There are numerous grocery stores located around the area and Marie Callenders and a nice Jack in the Box is less than a block away.

There are many laundromats located nearby and the world famous Galleria Mall is just down the street.

I like the fact that the hotel allows dogs and it is very homey, a true home away from home.

The have an excellent lobby and I made alot of friends and engaed in interesting chatter and discusssion in the lobby so it was a real social plus for me.

There was nothing I didn't like about the hotel and I will be staying there for the rest of my life whenever I visit Glendale, California.

• Liked — everything and the lobby was amazing and the room service was excellent.
  • Disliked — nothing everything was awesome
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
daysinnglendale, GM at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, April 10, 2009
Dear valued guest,

Thank You for the kind words and great review about our hotel.
We at the Days Inn Glendale take pride in our level of customer service and overall quality. We appreciate your candid and positive remarks and hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Robin Nacapoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

So all of these reviews are awful but then again they are all a little bit older then this one. I'm staying in a extended stay area of this hotel so it's a little bit older and less renovated then the rest of the hotel but this hotel isn't awful it mean it's not a Hilton but i feel fairly safe sleeping in the bed and i have yet to see any graffiti of gangs, i have been here for over two weeks. i really like the area it's a little over a mile walk to the Glendale mall and the area feels like a suburb i like the pool and the fact that when i close me balcony door all the noise from outside (which is usually just people jumping into the pool or general talking) just goes away. My dog likes the area too from what i can tell we have our usual 2 block walk twice a day and everyone stops and says hi on the way. Long beach dog beach is a good 45 min drive away but def. worth going to. Hollywood is just 10-15 min drive and all seems quite. if you're going to pay $100 for a hotel just outside of LA this one is not as bad as some people have said but it is not perfect either.

• Liked — Able to move rooms at a moments notice (wanted a pool view)
  • Disliked — I 134
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2007

This is a somewhat dirty, poorly maintained hotel, next to/integrated with a section of residents. No way is this worth $89 or $100. Not recommended if you are used to clean and maintained. Wireless is less than high speed...much less.

Stayed November 2006
Richmond
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

So, here I am all exited about coming to So. Cal to enjoy a 2 day break from my routine, coming for my cousins wedding. So i figure, I've stayed at a Days Inn before, and it ws nice so I figure it was going to be pleasant. WRONG******The service was bad, we had ask for 2 bed in a room since there is 5 of us , my wife and 3 little kids. We got there and what they gave us was a king size bed, but nothing else. So here we are waiting to be relocated to another room. So what we got instead was a sofa to go along with the king size bed. I can handle that, so I said no problem.....Then my family goes out to dinner that night and when we come back......NO PARKING ANYWHERE...i went arund 3 times to look for an open spot, but could not find one...so after my frustation, I parked at the 10 min zone, the drop off zone, so my wife can go up to the room and carry the kids which had fallen sleep in the car while I wait in the car. As I was getting my little girl out of the car, this lady comes out out of nowhere and with a big attitude tone says if that was my car, so I said yes, then she asks me again rudely, if Iwas staying at the hotel and asks me for my room #, so she says I couldnt park there, so I said I was just droping them off. THAT MADE MY NIGHT......... I WA SSO ANGRY AT THE WAY SHE TREATED US.......turns out she was the hotel manager for that night......So since I work with a lot of customers at my job, I was so dissapointed at how we got treated....Believe me, I WOULD NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN, I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR...........

• Stayed July 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2006

Ok, so I travel a LOT for work. So I began to miss my loyal companion... my dog Lola. I decided since I would be doing a field tour of southern CA for a week and solely traveling by car that I would bring her along. Since I work for a nonprofit I needed an economical, reasonably nice hotel that would allow her as a pet. She's a small mini-doxie weighing in at 10 pounds... no worries right??? Wrong...

This place has the worst parking.
It looks like a bombed out refugee shelter with people clothes, towels & JUNK hanging out on the balconies.
The staff is dishelved, poorly spoken & even more poorly engaged in customer service.
The clientel???? Two steps out of the rehab clinic by the look of... One lovely woman told me (2 pm in the afternoon) that she was (---) up already and not to mind her if she was loud-- but that I had a cute dog.
3 men asked me where I was going and wanted to get my number each time I went to the car.
2 men decided to lounge on the back of my car to chat & generally hang out.

Ugh.. I had paid for 3 nights in advance. I am getting a refund & getting out. There is nothing worth this hell. This place is SCARY, SMELLY & just a plain DUMP! Never again. Stay at the Holiday Inn in Burbank instead... I know I will.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

Truly disapointed with my recent stay. After the plummer unclogged the bathtub and dirty the entire bathroom, the staff (front desk) refused to clean it up and expected me to shower in a dirty bathroom. Their excuse was "we don't clean bathrooms after you have checked-in". There was mildew all over the bathtub and the front dest staff refused to clean it. After arguing with them for 15 minutes, they finally sent the clearning crew to clean the bathroom. However, they left me with no towels.

Besides this, below are other problems I encountered at this hotel:

1) Parking -----
2) Food was terrible
3) Rooms were dirty, especially the carpet
4) I reserved a "non-smoking room", however, everything smelled like cigarrettes
5) Pool was packed. Since, its a open pool, everyone living in Glendale was in the pool.

I will definitely never stay again at Glendale Days Inn!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2005

Well I just relocated from So Cal to Oregon, I drove up the 5N with my cat. I stayed at 7 different hotels. All ranging from 2-4 stars/approx $70-$200 per room. This was my first hotel, I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I have stayed at this hotel before and was given a much more pleasant room...I suppose it was because of my cat that they gave me a crap room. It was smaller than other rooms, and the air conditioner/fan was unusable. It was like housekeeping dumped a ton of carpet powder cleaner into the unit. The air was unbreatheale in the room with that on. There is a big balcony in the rooms...mine was overlooking the pool. I was on the 5th floor. That freaked my cat out. Also the interior corridors were very noisy with also freaked my cat out. Bathroom ammenities and bathroom were good. good sized, updated shower curtain, and they give body lotion. TV channels are not very good, maybe 10 basic channels. The parking for this hotel sucks! Had to park across the street. The best thing about this hotel is the food! Room service is relatively cheap and tasty! Best hotel food of all the hotels I stayed at on this trip. Great bagels in the morning, great sandwhiches that came with the tastiest steak fries at night! The food was really good also when I stayed at the hotel last year. My cost for each night at this hotel came to $96.89...including cat fee. I would stay at this hotel again...just not with my cat. The room I had before this time was larger, cleaner, had a couch, and was just a better experience.

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Days Inn Glendale? Share your experiences!