“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Glendale

You added Days Inn Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 West Pioneer Drive, I-134 & Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91203   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Tucson
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Me and my family of four stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We arrived early after a 9 hour drive and they were nice enough to let us check in early. This was a life saver and we got a great nap before beginning our day of fun at universal which is about a 15 minute drive. The room was clean and comfortable. We got more than we expected considering how economical the price was for the area. I wish they had queen size beds instead of doubles but there was enough floor room to use our inflatable queen size mattress. The balcony is small but it was nice to have one. We had a nice view of downtown Glendale and the pool area was kept very clean. We went swimming every night and often had it all to ourselves. The Pioneer cafe located in the hotel was decent but we found a much better deal at the Marie Calenders a block up the road. Kids eat free on Saturdays and Tuesdays and they have a breakfast special of two pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage and coffee or juice for 4.99.

We had a great stay and a big thank you to the staff at this Days Inn who were so welcoming!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Suzapalooza,
Thank you for your kind words that you posted regarding our hotel. It's so humbling to hear a guest describe our hotel as wonderful. Our staff works so hard at making this a wonderful place for all to come to. We are so happy you enjoyed our property. We look forward to your return.
Best Wishes,
Days Inn Glendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Hillsboro, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I will never go back to this hotel again!! It was so strong of smoke smell that I could not handle it. When I checked in I requested a non smoking room, I was told there were none available. They gave me a room on the 5th floor, when I got off the elevator I felt like if I had an ash tray on my nose, It was disgusting! When I entered the room it was even worst. My mothere who has asthma started coughing and her asthma acted up, she had to use her inhaler. I called the front dest and requested we be moved to a non-smoking room, but she said there were none, I told her that if they didn't move us to another room, that I would leave and request a refund. The receptionist said she would see what she could do and call me back. She called me back after 10 minutes and told me she had a room on the 1st floor and to go see it to see if I liked it. The 1st floor smelled a little better, than the 5th, but the room still smelled like old smoke, but not as bad. I decided to stay there, but the whole time I had a itchy and sore throat and my mother kept having to use her asthma medications. I called Hotwire to request a refund and to explain my bad expierance with this hotel since I booked through, but they declined .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Ms. Yolanda A
Your review regarding our hotel sounds so terrible and I would like to take this opertunity to apologize for your horrible experience. It is unfortunate that when we recieve a booking from Hotwire that states room type as run of the house. We will handle this reservation that way and block the room for this reservation last, which usually means a smoking room. I am only glad that our staff did try to accomodate you and your mother by finding a better room, unfortunately it was another smoking room. I only wish that my staff would have made note of your request in the managers log so we could have followed up and moved you to a non smoking for the the other two nights you were with us. Again our most sincerest apologies that your stay with us wasn't as comfortable as we wish we could make you. I will be trying to contact you to offer some type of compensation.
Talkeetna, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were needing a place to stay near family living in Glendale. We always worry about safety. I cannot say enough about what a great experience we had staying at this facility. The Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean. And the pool and grounds were in excellent shape. We ate our meels at the Pioneer Cafe located in the Hotel and were treated like family from the first minute... The food was excelent and the price was very reasonable. The Owner and staff of the Cafe were wonderful and remembered our names after our first visit. We stayed two nights and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area. We felt very safe and did not worry about our vehicle or ourselves. We were traveling with our dog and the staff was very pet friendly. Excellent. Cudos to the staff and cafe.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room facing the handicap parking area with a sliding door at that entrance. T...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This Days Inn is conveniently located just off the 134 freeway. It's big, with several floors. I stayed on the top floor in a decent room with a small balcony. Parking at the hotel itself is extremely limited, but there is a large lot across the street. It would have been nice if I'd been informed of this parking area when I checked in; it took me a few minutes to discover it. There is a loading/unloading area at the front door, so even if you park across the street you don't have to carry your luggage very far. The rate was reasonable for an urban property. Staff was OK, but it seemed that they did a lot of chatting with each other when they might have been paying more attention to their guests at the desk. The Inn does not serve breakfast, but there is a connecting restaurant where I had a decent breakfast at a low price. I would return to this place even though I wasn't enamored with it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Greg N,
Thank you for your response regarding your stay with our Days Inn of Glendale. Your kind words are very much appreciated. Your regarks regarding our staffing was been heard and through training we should be able to correct those behaviors. We thank you for the chance you give us through your remarks to better our property and be able to host our guest with better hospitality.
los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The energy in the hallway's seems as if there are realms of paranormal entities roaming...
The staff and contractors are disrespectful and unfriendly. Thru some of the windows on the first floor, you can see the filth stacked up to the roof, created by what seems to be hoarding disorder.. Untidy individuals that don't seem to think there's anything wrong with their situation at all...In attempt to consume the awful smell in the hallways, the staff sprays several different aromas which intern give myself and others allergies and asthma attacks.. I personally witnessed some complain frequently about nasal allergies/reactions caused by the different smells that are being sprayed there but the hotel staff, Intending to cover the smell that inevitably will not go away. These potent chemicals that are being used there by staff can and will harm the respiratory system, and are toxic, which in the long term effects cause birth defects, toxic reactions, cancer, and or death..
Front desk is 100% well aware or the unbearable, uncirculated, unfiltered old cigarette smoke smell situation.. They initially offered three different key's for us to try out, so that we could pick out the room that smelled the best out of all three.. All three of the rooms smelled absolutely disgusting of old smoke in beaded into the wallpaper from years of miss managing and terrible servicing of these individual room.. A perfect example of an issue left unresolved for years in this case.. The health department needs to take a closer look at this place and act accordingly...

Instantly gave me a chronic asthma attack!! which I was able to control with my inhaler immediately after having to remove myself from these rooms.. I suffer from sever asthma attacks and extreme sensitivity to smells & allergies from childhood... finally we picked a room..
well, to make things worse, earlier that morning, the front desk clerks forgot to run my card for the $50 Dollar pet deposit, which resulted in my room cards to get turned off! Now my inhaler was locked inside the room, along with all of my important medication, and apparatuses i use incase of any medical emergency or if any sudden attack should occur, It can be treated accordingly, but No, they shut me out.. So, unfortunately the strong smell of "old smoke, fabreez, and fecal matter" affected my breathing immediately, as i was coming from the elevator on my way in to the room.. As a result, my sever Asthma Attack had to be prolonged and I had to drive counting my last breath praying asking god to help me cause I thought that i was gonna collapse from lack of oxygen to my brain.. Luckily there was a nearby pharmacy where i was able to refill my Inhaler instantly.. Yet, off course, They cutoff accesses to my room key's without warning, or heads up or a simple courtesy call, which by the way, "the room phone was not working", but, the least they could have done was sent some one up to give us a friendly reminder or a letter under our door to inform us of the issue, and advising us to stop by the front desk office.. A simple request to provide the proper authorization resolving the inconvenient issue caused by (the front desk).. An act of negligence and careless behavior,
Immediately resulted in the most unnecessary, unwanted, sequence of life threatening events that could have been prevented by simply thinking about the well being of the guest or guest's..
Yet they decided to prevent accesses by shutting off our room keys card's thinking that once again this may grab their attention, that maybe then this manipulative act will force them to come forward and submit the authorization to collect a pet deposit.. they truly thought this might be a prudent way to get one's attention.. Wow..

THEY CHARGED MY CARD AFTER STRICTLY ADVISING THEM "NOT TO".. $114.00

Room Tip: Stay Away Please, You'll Regret It 100% Health Hazard! Keep Away!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Dear Ampinia,
Thank you for your response expressing your experiences regarding your stay at the Days Inn Glendale. I profusely apologize that your stay with us went so bad. I will be contacting you personally to apologize on behalf of our staff and management and hope that we can make things right for you to give us another chance to try our true hospitality. Thank you again for your remarks for this will allow us to use as a gauge to fix the way we handle things at the property.
Sincerly,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This place is great it is close to the Glendale Galleria, and that place is full of so many things to do. The hotel it self is great for the rate paid. The rooms are clean and a pretty good size. Every room has its own balcony, which is great for when you just want to relax for a bit. It also has a pool that is very clean. The staff there is marvelous. They were very helpful with directions and seemed eager to help. I felt very comfortable here. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences you had while you were a guest at our Days Inn of Glendale. We are happy to hear that you found our location convienient for your needs, and found our rooms clean and comfortable. We work hard at attempting to be accomodating to all of our guest, and are pleased to hear that your found our staff marvelous, eager and helpful. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward for the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Robin Nacapoy

Been to Days Inn Glendale? Share your experiences!