“OK” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Glendale

You added Days Inn Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 West Pioneer Drive, I-134 & Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Palm Springs, California
“OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This Days Inn is conveniently located just off the 134 freeway. It's big, with several floors. I stayed on the top floor in a decent room with a small balcony. Parking at the hotel itself is extremely limited, but there is a large lot across the street. It would have been nice if I'd been informed of this parking area when I checked in; it took me a few minutes to discover it. There is a loading/unloading area at the front door, so even if you park across the street you don't have to carry your luggage very far. The rate was reasonable for an urban property. Staff was OK, but it seemed that they did a lot of chatting with each other when they might have been paying more attention to their guests at the desk. The Inn does not serve breakfast, but there is a connecting restaurant where I had a decent breakfast at a low price. I would return to this place even though I wasn't enamored with it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Greg N,
Thank you for your response regarding your stay with our Days Inn of Glendale. Your kind words are very much appreciated. Your regarks regarding our staffing was been heard and through training we should be able to correct those behaviors. We thank you for the chance you give us through your remarks to better our property and be able to host our guest with better hospitality.
Days Inn Glendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
los angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The energy in the hallway's seems as if there are realms of paranormal entities roaming...
The staff and contractors are disrespectful and unfriendly. Thru some of the windows on the first floor, you can see the filth stacked up to the roof, created by what seems to be hoarding disorder.. Untidy individuals that don't seem to think there's anything wrong with their situation at all...In attempt to consume the awful smell in the hallways, the staff sprays several different aromas which intern give myself and others allergies and asthma attacks.. I personally witnessed some complain frequently about nasal allergies/reactions caused by the different smells that are being sprayed there but the hotel staff, Intending to cover the smell that inevitably will not go away. These potent chemicals that are being used there by staff can and will harm the respiratory system, and are toxic, which in the long term effects cause birth defects, toxic reactions, cancer, and or death..
Front desk is 100% well aware or the unbearable, uncirculated, unfiltered old cigarette smoke smell situation.. They initially offered three different key's for us to try out, so that we could pick out the room that smelled the best out of all three.. All three of the rooms smelled absolutely disgusting of old smoke in beaded into the wallpaper from years of miss managing and terrible servicing of these individual room.. A perfect example of an issue left unresolved for years in this case.. The health department needs to take a closer look at this place and act accordingly...

Instantly gave me a chronic asthma attack!! which I was able to control with my inhaler immediately after having to remove myself from these rooms.. I suffer from sever asthma attacks and extreme sensitivity to smells & allergies from childhood... finally we picked a room..
well, to make things worse, earlier that morning, the front desk clerks forgot to run my card for the $50 Dollar pet deposit, which resulted in my room cards to get turned off! Now my inhaler was locked inside the room, along with all of my important medication, and apparatuses i use incase of any medical emergency or if any sudden attack should occur, It can be treated accordingly, but No, they shut me out.. So, unfortunately the strong smell of "old smoke, fabreez, and fecal matter" affected my breathing immediately, as i was coming from the elevator on my way in to the room.. As a result, my sever Asthma Attack had to be prolonged and I had to drive counting my last breath praying asking god to help me cause I thought that i was gonna collapse from lack of oxygen to my brain.. Luckily there was a nearby pharmacy where i was able to refill my Inhaler instantly.. Yet, off course, They cutoff accesses to my room key's without warning, or heads up or a simple courtesy call, which by the way, "the room phone was not working", but, the least they could have done was sent some one up to give us a friendly reminder or a letter under our door to inform us of the issue, and advising us to stop by the front desk office.. A simple request to provide the proper authorization resolving the inconvenient issue caused by (the front desk).. An act of negligence and careless behavior,
Immediately resulted in the most unnecessary, unwanted, sequence of life threatening events that could have been prevented by simply thinking about the well being of the guest or guest's..
Yet they decided to prevent accesses by shutting off our room keys card's thinking that once again this may grab their attention, that maybe then this manipulative act will force them to come forward and submit the authorization to collect a pet deposit.. they truly thought this might be a prudent way to get one's attention.. Wow..

THEY CHARGED MY CARD AFTER STRICTLY ADVISING THEM "NOT TO".. $114.00

Room Tip: Stay Away Please, You'll Regret It 100% Health Hazard! Keep Away!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Dear Ampinia,
Thank you for your response expressing your experiences regarding your stay at the Days Inn Glendale. I profusely apologize that your stay with us went so bad. I will be contacting you personally to apologize on behalf of our staff and management and hope that we can make things right for you to give us another chance to try our true hospitality. Thank you again for your remarks for this will allow us to use as a gauge to fix the way we handle things at the property.
Sincerly,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This place is great it is close to the Glendale Galleria, and that place is full of so many things to do. The hotel it self is great for the rate paid. The rooms are clean and a pretty good size. Every room has its own balcony, which is great for when you just want to relax for a bit. It also has a pool that is very clean. The staff there is marvelous. They were very helpful with directions and seemed eager to help. I felt very comfortable here. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences you had while you were a guest at our Days Inn of Glendale. We are happy to hear that you found our location convienient for your needs, and found our rooms clean and comfortable. We work hard at attempting to be accomodating to all of our guest, and are pleased to hear that your found our staff marvelous, eager and helpful. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward for the opportunity to be of service to you again.
SIn CIty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Hotel was Great. Manager (Rob) was very accomodating to us traveling with the whole family.
Location is central to all the places we were visiting at the time, plus since we had friends in the area nearby it helped that we had a hotel so close to the freeway giving us a quick route to our own rooms to relax and unwind after a long day with the family.
Stayed here a few times and it never fails to meet our expectations of comfort, convenience, and cost.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you very much. We appreciate your response and loyalty. Our location close to the freeway makes staying here very convienant for all travelers. Please let us know when you will be visiting the Glendale area in the future. Wishing you all the best.
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

love the service and nice to see smiling faces late at night

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your visit to Los Angeles. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay and that you found our staff pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at this property in March, 2012 primarily because of its close proximity to Universal Studios - Hollywood and in part due to its five sunbursts rating. The lobby was big and inviting but very bland. Not an issue. The room was spacious and the pillows were great and soft but the beds were hard and uncomfortable. the carpet had a big stain in the middle of the living area. It really could have been cleaned up with an indutrial grade steam cleaner. The staff was okay, personally I do not think that the desk clerk should be allowed to be sporting piercings in each cheek. I just do not think that looks professional.

At check-out time in the morning at about 8:00am when we went to the lobby we had to wait at an empty desk since the on duty clerk was making her coffee in the back; even she arrived to the desk she told another clerk bring her coffee to her. One key thing to keep in mind for the next traveler is that the hotel automatically charges you for the safe in the room per day $1.50 plus $.15 tax whether or not you used it. I found this out the hard way and called the hotel later on that night (the same day as my check-out). I spoke to a female named Miriam, when I asked her why was I charged, instead of an explanation she told me that if I want it to be taken off I need to call "ACCOUNTING" the next morning. I asked her if she could do it now and she said that since I did not ask for it to be taken off at check-out I now had to wait and speak to accounting the next morning.

No Thank You, I understand that it is a small amount but it just seemed to be a matter of principle. It appears that the hotel uses this to boost its revenue. Nonetheless, I do not have the time to call and wait on the phone to speak to accounting for a grand total of $1.65. Besides that the hotel was okay for our needs and also in close proximity to food and gas locations as well.

Room Tip: For reasons unknown to me, the main parking area in the front of the hotel has a very unusual extra...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Days Inn Glendale. I am glad you found our location convienant to Univeral Studios-Hollywood. We are very sorry to hear you experienced an undesirable level of customer service during you stay with us. Your review regarding stains in the carpet, our staff members appearance, our staff not taking the time to explain our safe charges to you at check in and our staff not taking care of your concerns as you called to ask about the safe charges being removed will be discussed with the staff. I appreciate your reviews and hope you'll consider staying with us again, if your travels brings you back to this area.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The staff here are really what the 5 stars are for. They have to work with a hotel that has seen better days, but the level of service is similar to what you would find in a 4 star hotel. They are cheerful, attentive and professional. The general manager upgraded us when we asked to change rooms, which meant we had a fridge and microwave for our week-long stay. It made a big difference to us. Jaqueline was very bright and anticipated our needs in a way that made her seem almost prescient. We were there on a very tight budget, and it was just wonderful to be looked after with such intelligence.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that our staff have succeeded in making you feel comfortable thru out your stay. I have shared your words with the staff and we all look forward to your next visit. We wish you all the best.
Days Inn Glendale

Been to Days Inn Glendale? Share your experiences!