“great hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Glendale

You added Days Inn Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 West Pioneer Drive, I-134 & Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Kailua, Hawaii
“great hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

love the service and nice to see smiling faces late at night

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel during your visit to Los Angeles. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay and that you found our staff pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Robin Nacapoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at this property in March, 2012 primarily because of its close proximity to Universal Studios - Hollywood and in part due to its five sunbursts rating. The lobby was big and inviting but very bland. Not an issue. The room was spacious and the pillows were great and soft but the beds were hard and uncomfortable. the carpet had a big stain in the middle of the living area. It really could have been cleaned up with an indutrial grade steam cleaner. The staff was okay, personally I do not think that the desk clerk should be allowed to be sporting piercings in each cheek. I just do not think that looks professional.

At check-out time in the morning at about 8:00am when we went to the lobby we had to wait at an empty desk since the on duty clerk was making her coffee in the back; even she arrived to the desk she told another clerk bring her coffee to her. One key thing to keep in mind for the next traveler is that the hotel automatically charges you for the safe in the room per day $1.50 plus $.15 tax whether or not you used it. I found this out the hard way and called the hotel later on that night (the same day as my check-out). I spoke to a female named Miriam, when I asked her why was I charged, instead of an explanation she told me that if I want it to be taken off I need to call "ACCOUNTING" the next morning. I asked her if she could do it now and she said that since I did not ask for it to be taken off at check-out I now had to wait and speak to accounting the next morning.

No Thank You, I understand that it is a small amount but it just seemed to be a matter of principle. It appears that the hotel uses this to boost its revenue. Nonetheless, I do not have the time to call and wait on the phone to speak to accounting for a grand total of $1.65. Besides that the hotel was okay for our needs and also in close proximity to food and gas locations as well.

Room Tip: For reasons unknown to me, the main parking area in the front of the hotel has a very unusual extra...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Days Inn Glendale. I am glad you found our location convienant to Univeral Studios-Hollywood. We are very sorry to hear you experienced an undesirable level of customer service during you stay with us. Your review regarding stains in the carpet, our staff members appearance, our staff not taking the time to explain our safe charges to you at check in and our staff not taking care of your concerns as you called to ask about the safe charges being removed will be discussed with the staff. I appreciate your reviews and hope you'll consider staying with us again, if your travels brings you back to this area.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The staff here are really what the 5 stars are for. They have to work with a hotel that has seen better days, but the level of service is similar to what you would find in a 4 star hotel. They are cheerful, attentive and professional. The general manager upgraded us when we asked to change rooms, which meant we had a fridge and microwave for our week-long stay. It made a big difference to us. Jaqueline was very bright and anticipated our needs in a way that made her seem almost prescient. We were there on a very tight budget, and it was just wonderful to be looked after with such intelligence.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that our staff have succeeded in making you feel comfortable thru out your stay. I have shared your words with the staff and we all look forward to your next visit. We wish you all the best.
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Checked in tonight and elevator smelled like a boozy ashtray. Got off on the third floor to the same odor mixed with cleaning solution. The peeps in the next room are wooping it up and I can only hope they cool down soon so I can get some sleep. I'm overlooking the pool and hot-tub, it looks nice. Though I can hear, loud and clear, the conversation the people in the hot-tub are having. Thinking, maybe I should have traveled a few more miles down the freeway tonight.

Room Tip: You really don't want to be facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
First I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experiences with us regarding your recent stay at the Days Inn of Glendale. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to you for finding our elevator and corridor odors unappealing. I must continue to work hard at finding solutions to clean and sanitize our common areas with a scent that does not offend our guest. I am very sorry you did not find our other guest/ your neighbors very accommodating and polite as they were loud as you put it. Our security guards do roam the halls and inform guest whom are being unruly to quiet down and try not to disturb the neigbors. Unfortunately, we don't get all of them. Once again I'm sorry that this made you feel like you should have gone down the freeway a few miles. I hope you give us another opportunity to show your our true hospitality and stay with us another time when you are in the Glendale area. and see that this past visit was unusual and not up to our high
standards.
Altadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn in Glendale by chance. I reserved last minute and was met with a beautiful room and wonderful service. The staff was exceptional. They truly made me feel like I was at home.

Room Tip: speak directly to the manager
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for your gracious comments about your past stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that our staff had taken such good care of you, our precious guest. And to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to your return and hope to be welcoming you back again soon.
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stay in this hotel about 4-6 x p/month, for my job. This hotel is terrible. I feel sorry for the many families I see checking in here for a vacation in SO. California. Over half of the hotel has permanent residents. (Approx. 300 rooms). It has turned into quite the dog kennel over the years. With the residents and guests bringing their animals. There seems usually seems to be a dog barking from a room somewhere. This hotel is need of some TLC. You feel like your right back in the late 70's upon arrival. This location although is EXCELLENT. Very close to nice shops, restaurants and all LA has to offer.

Room Tip: Dont get a room next to the elevators or Ice machines.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property I can't seem to find the words to response to your title of Old and Dumpy. Everyone does have a right to thier opinion and unfortuantely that is how you feel about this hotel. My sincerest apology that you feel this way. True the hotel does have different sections that is extended stays for the building is 600 rooms large. We just can't find a way to fill all 600 rooms on the daily basis. Back when the building was built there was a call for that many hotel rooms. But with the other hotels opening in the area we just decided to change the other sections of the property to extended stays, this has helped keep the hotel afloat. The hotel is pet friendly and we only allow pets on one floor. We have stopped allowing pets in the extended stay side of the building since 2008. Every so often we have found guest sneeking in thier beloved pets onto floors they should not be on. Whenever located we ask the guest to move to the pet floor no exceptions. But trying to control all people and keeping them all honest is just impossible but we will not give up trying. Thank you for noticing our hotel's location is great. I sure hope you are treated with our warm hospitality each time you come here. I also hope you find our rooms clean and comfortable too as other reviews suggest. Reviews like yours does help us get budget to do renovations and we look forward to getting some renovations done this year.
Mastic Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this Hotel Dec 28- Jan 3. We had a fantastic time. The hotel was Clean, and had all the amenities you will find at higher priced Hotels. There is a restaurant on premises. The restaurant is big, clean, and has a menu that will satisfy everyone.

The staff was always Friendly and Helpful. We had a Great time at the Hotels New Years Eve party.

The location couldn't have been better for us. We did not rent a car, the public bus system is within walking distance and took us everywhere we wanted to go.

We would definetly stay there again, and Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. We had a beautiful view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Glendale to welcome in the New Year with. Hope you got a chance to go to the Rosebowl Game or the Rose Parade during your visit with us since we are so close to both venues. Happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at our New Years Party and most of all we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our humble establishment. Being in the hospitality industry we look forward to hosting guest from out of town. Your words make us happy that you feel that your trip from New York was worth your while. Please tell your freinds about us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Robin Nacapoy

Been to Days Inn Glendale? Share your experiences!