“Old and dumpy.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Glendale

You added Days Inn Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 West Pioneer Drive, I-134 & Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Bakersfield, California
“Old and dumpy.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stay in this hotel about 4-6 x p/month, for my job. This hotel is terrible. I feel sorry for the many families I see checking in here for a vacation in SO. California. Over half of the hotel has permanent residents. (Approx. 300 rooms). It has turned into quite the dog kennel over the years. With the residents and guests bringing their animals. There seems usually seems to be a dog barking from a room somewhere. This hotel is need of some TLC. You feel like your right back in the late 70's upon arrival. This location although is EXCELLENT. Very close to nice shops, restaurants and all LA has to offer.

Room Tip: Dont get a room next to the elevators or Ice machines.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property I can't seem to find the words to response to your title of Old and Dumpy. Everyone does have a right to thier opinion and unfortuantely that is how you feel about this hotel. My sincerest apology that you feel this way. True the hotel does have different sections that is extended stays for the building is 600 rooms large. We just can't find a way to fill all 600 rooms on the daily basis. Back when the building was built there was a call for that many hotel rooms. But with the other hotels opening in the area we just decided to change the other sections of the property to extended stays, this has helped keep the hotel afloat. The hotel is pet friendly and we only allow pets on one floor. We have stopped allowing pets in the extended stay side of the building since 2008. Every so often we have found guest sneeking in thier beloved pets onto floors they should not be on. Whenever located we ask the guest to move to the pet floor no exceptions. But trying to control all people and keeping them all honest is just impossible but we will not give up trying. Thank you for noticing our hotel's location is great. I sure hope you are treated with our warm hospitality each time you come here. I also hope you find our rooms clean and comfortable too as other reviews suggest. Reviews like yours does help us get budget to do renovations and we look forward to getting some renovations done this year.
Robin Nacapoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Mastic Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My sister and I stayed at this Hotel Dec 28- Jan 3. We had a fantastic time. The hotel was Clean, and had all the amenities you will find at higher priced Hotels. There is a restaurant on premises. The restaurant is big, clean, and has a menu that will satisfy everyone.

The staff was always Friendly and Helpful. We had a Great time at the Hotels New Years Eve party.

The location couldn't have been better for us. We did not rent a car, the public bus system is within walking distance and took us everywhere we wanted to go.

We would definetly stay there again, and Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. We had a beautiful view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Glendale to welcome in the New Year with. Hope you got a chance to go to the Rosebowl Game or the Rose Parade during your visit with us since we are so close to both venues. Happy to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at our New Years Party and most of all we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our humble establishment. Being in the hospitality industry we look forward to hosting guest from out of town. Your words make us happy that you feel that your trip from New York was worth your while. Please tell your freinds about us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Half Moon Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This is an old hotel; however, room was very clean. Very reasonable price. Excellent access to freeway. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful; every staff member we met went out of their way to say hello and to assist us. The front desk clerk, Marisol, even printed our airline boarding passes. This is not a luxury hotel; however, we will stay here again due to location, price, and friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
daysinnglendale, General Manager at Days Inn Glendale, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We are quite pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also grateful that you noticed our staff members efforts to make our guest feel comfortable and welcomed at our property. We work hard at making up the buildings age with our staff's hopsitality. Look forward to serving you again in the future.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in Jun 2011. The hotel is clean. Location is decent and stores nearby because residential area. 30 mins drive from LA tourist attractions areas but mangeable drive. Parking lot on opposite side of street. We would stay again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Not a real nice place. Good enough for the business traveler looking for a bargain price. Not where I would take my wife for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Although this is an older hotel (with an "Extended Stay" unit attached), don't let it scare you away. The room is spotlessly clean, with a very comfortable bed, but the best part of my 7 night stay at the Days Inn Glendale was the location. Right off of the freeway, centrally located to virtually every area of Los Angeles, and a large, free parking lot. As stated before, this is an older hotel, could use a bit of a facelift, but I would absolutely recommend this location to anyone wanting a clean hotel in a great location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

First impression was it was an old building. The bathroom door was a bit sticky. However, the worst part was when I moved the clock to see the time and a roach ran from underneath the clock. I was so grossed out. I called front desk to report it and they said someone would call me back. I waited a bit and then called them again, they said someone would call me back again. I waited again and finally I'd had enough and I told them I wanted another room. They suggested the room next door. Really??? I dont think so. So I took a room on another floor. I got this hotel from priceline so I dont think I will use them again unless its a better rated hotel. This one was a two star - never again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Glendale? Share your experiences!