“Decent location and decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Glendale

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 West Pioneer Drive, I-134 & Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91203   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“Decent location and decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in Jun 2011. The hotel is clean. Location is decent and stores nearby because residential area. 30 mins drive from LA tourist attractions areas but mangeable drive. Parking lot on opposite side of street. We would stay again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Clovis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Not a real nice place. Good enough for the business traveler looking for a bargain price. Not where I would take my wife for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Although this is an older hotel (with an "Extended Stay" unit attached), don't let it scare you away. The room is spotlessly clean, with a very comfortable bed, but the best part of my 7 night stay at the Days Inn Glendale was the location. Right off of the freeway, centrally located to virtually every area of Los Angeles, and a large, free parking lot. As stated before, this is an older hotel, could use a bit of a facelift, but I would absolutely recommend this location to anyone wanting a clean hotel in a great location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

First impression was it was an old building. The bathroom door was a bit sticky. However, the worst part was when I moved the clock to see the time and a roach ran from underneath the clock. I was so grossed out. I called front desk to report it and they said someone would call me back. I waited a bit and then called them again, they said someone would call me back again. I waited again and finally I'd had enough and I told them I wanted another room. They suggested the room next door. Really??? I dont think so. So I took a room on another floor. I got this hotel from priceline so I dont think I will use them again unless its a better rated hotel. This one was a two star - never again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This Days Inn is fine for a short stay. The rooms are quite big and clean but you just get the impression that the whole hotel is in need of refurbishment. Also, given that breakfast is not included I thought that at 85 dollars a night it was a bit expensive.

In terms of facilities, these were on the whole good. There is a standard motel style swimming pool, free wifi and a restaurant (which we didn't use), including for breakfast. Parking is available, mostly round the back as the front is reserved for disabled customers.

Location wise, the Days Inn is in a good place - it's by Freeway 134 and one junction down from the I5. Hollywood was about a 25 minute drive, Santa Monica 45 minutes and Universal about 15. Glendale Mall is within 1 mile and nearby there are plenty of gas stations and Starbucks / Subway and the like.

Overall I would recommend this place if you are happy with standard motel type accommodation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for 2 days as we drove down from San Francisco to San Diego. Close to interstate 5 and I-134. The room was spacious and clean. It's a large hotel, the pool and jacuzzi looked clean, there were people enjoying them. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping mall. Pretty close to some studios. Did the Warner Brothers VIP tour and was pretty good. Staff was very friendly. I would stay here again in the future.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

You know how you always hear about those places that u have to ask 4 times for something? Well, this is that place.

Who puts a family with 2 toddlers into a smoking room that has an adjoining door to a room with a chain smoker who smokes ALL night long? This place does.

I always try and find the good in a place. Unfortunately, I could not find any here.

This hotel is part of an extended stay "property". It is old. VERY old. It smells old. It feels old. I do not believe in ghosts, but there may have been one or two here.

Cockroaches? Yep. We saw 2 in the bathroom. Spent 2 nights here and maybe got 5 hours sleep. Total. Between the light BLAZING through the non blackout curtains and the thick, hard as a rock pillows, things were rough. When I say lights BLAZING, I mean it. They light up the outside of this hotel as if to keep thieves away I suppose. We asked them to at least help tape part of the curtain to the wall to block some if the light and they did. After 3 phone calls and a front desk visit. It is never a good sign when you go to the front desk and ask them to fix something in the room and they tell you they will handle it, but never ask for your room number.

Internet SUCKED. I spent an hour trying to get it to work. It worked ok for the first hour, but then, nothing. Just stopped working. I tried 3 of their internet codes and none of them worked. I gave up. I think there is a pool here, but I would never attempt to step into that water. We hid in the room.

There is a "restaurant" at this property. We ordered from them. They deliver, free. 2 egg white omelets with 2 side salads. (The salad, no joke, was about 8 pieces of lettuce, a few strings of carrots and three small tomato slices) Almost $30.00. Outrageous. Do I feel ripped off? Yes. But this review is about the Days Inn, not the place they suggest you eat at.

When I was ready to check out, I stood at the front desk for about 4 minutes, while the woman behind the counter played on her Facebook account. I am not guessing, I actually could see her computer screen as it was at an angle. She saw me standing there. I know she did. At minute 5, I left.

We learned a valuable lesson. Never again will we stay at a Days Inn. I did not go looking for trouble. I did not want to write a bad review. Most of my reviews are positive. But this place is lost.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Glendale? Share your experiences!