“Ok I'll be back again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Glendale

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   450 West Pioneer Drive, I-134 & Pacific Ave., Glendale, CA 91203   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
ca
“Ok I'll be back again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel for one night and was glad I did.
The Pros: Nice friendly staff, I requested some extra pillows and housekeeping was there very prompt, the room I stayed was clean no smell bathroom was clean and all look like it should. I had a two queen non smoking room. There many nice details inside the room like a coffee maker with coffee filters creamers sugar a microwave and a small refrigerator the bathroom had shampoo, conditioner shower cap small toothpaste plastic cups dryer and nice clean towels there was also a safe that we did not used so for the price it was nice to see all the little things including two small peppermint candy.
The Cons: One light bulb was out inside the room the TV control had to be replaced and the Wi Fi was not working at all up in the 6th floor.
As for the decor of the hotel the lobby looks good, the interior halls are a little out dated and the elevator could use a little renovation feels old, the pool is great nice and warm they got an ok vending machine. So giving all I would come back here no problems everything is just a short drive away and the area is good.

Room Tip: if you called after 6am if they have a room open you could do an early check in.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I should start by saying that I am VERY PICKY and prefer to stay at resort type hotels. Since this trip included other family members who all wanted to stay together at the same location we gave in and booked our room here. I was worried about what we were getting into but I must say it was really not so bad! Our room was very spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable although the blanket felt old and scratchy so I had to remove it at night. There was plenty of parking on the hotel property and we never had a problem finding a spot even when we returned late into the evening. The staff seemed pleasant during what little contact we had with them and the servers at the hotel diner were always quite helpful with directions, etc. Breakfast was good but I would suggest eating dinner elsewhere. This was not a bad hotel although I probably would not stay here again, I would be okay with recommending it to those looking for a good budget friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Sunset Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I was very impressed...I normally do not stay at a Days Inn, however, on this trip, I had no choice. I was nervous at first, however, once I entered the lobby, that went away. The room, for the price was very nice...it wasn't upscale, but it was very clean, roomy and the towels and sheets were not scratchy, This place is perfect if you are on a budget...even the room service price was very reasonable. 1/2 roasted chicken, with two sides and either soup or salad for 10.99 - excellent for room service pricing. And the chicken wasn't dry! Would stay again. The only down side, was the walls were a bit thin, so I could hear mumbling through them...however, I just turn on the ac and then couldn't hear over the humming of it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on New Years Eve to attend the Rose Parade in Pasadena.
We booked the room several months in advance and paid in advance. Given what other area hotel were charging for the time period, we received an exceptional value.

This is an older property and could use some updating. Our room was a king room that at one time had a kitchenette. The kitchenette was removed which made the room huge.

The only real issue was the electrical outlets. They were flat out worn out. Nothing would stay plugged in.

Parking was free and across the street. The hotel is close to the Glendale Galleria Mall which provided great shopping.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed here for three nights as we wanted to visit the usual LA sights after a week in Vegas. Parking was good and the room was very clean and comfortable. It takes about half an hour to Hollywood and a five minute drive gets you to the centre of Glendale, which is a really nice place with lots of restaurants and bars. Rooms are a bit rough around the edges, but very clean and fresh and the staff were constantly cleaning, even the stairwells. Front desk staff were great and I would recommend this hotel as a good base for visiting Hollywood and LA as long as you have a car.

• Stayed September 2010
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

My stay at the Days Inn Glendale Topped my expectations. First of all I Flew in from Austin, TX and the hotel had a "COMPLIMENTARY" shuttle service which picked me up from the Bob Hope Burbank Airport and brought me straight to the hotel.

Once I approached the front desk I was greeted very kindly and felt cared for. They were very attentive to my every needs and kindly mapquested and printed directions and looked up information about whats fun in LA. Being a tourist in the area that is very important. You wont find that kind of service and hospitality these days at a hotel that offers such a LOW RATE compared to other overpriced rates around the area. Every other hotel I had telephoned for rates were so rude and short with me on the phone, almost as if I had disturbed them by calling for rates. But when I called Days Inn a very nice young girl answered by many and neverending questions with patience and proffessionalism. I commend their training and their Management. They did a great job with their staff.

The room was clean and you could tell how clean it was from the smell. Very sanitary and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep.

Their front desk is open 24 hours a day, i realilzed in the middle of the night i needed a toothbrush and i called the front desk and someone answered right away and i received my toothbrush within 5 min. EXCELLENT!!!!! Overall these people care and they treated me exceptionally good. What other hotel would do that middle of the night, with such a low rate.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that visits southern california

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Days Inn is Days Inn. Its not the hilton - but I recon you get a better bang for your buck here than you do in the Hilton (which was my option on this trip).

Cons: Was bothered I couldn't get something to eat when we arrived after 27 hours of travel; equally bothered my daughter couldn't join me for a drink as its not a regular hotel bar but more a public bar (i.e. over 21 in the bar only).

Pro's: Room was clean, comfortable and well made up each day. The bed was very comfortable (something I really have an issue with). The outsourced restaurant / cafe - very good value and good food - it proved an ideal way to start each day. There was plenty of parking in the Hotel car park across the road; staff couldn't do enough and were very helpful every time. Close proximity to the galeria and other places of interest - we walked.

All in all I feel I got good value for money - dare I say, one doesn't get to say so all that often..........

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Glendale? Share your experiences!