“Just Right!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glen Capri Inn & Suites - Colorado Street

and 1 more site!
You added Glen Capri Inn & Suites - Colorado Street to your Saves list
Glen Capri Inn & Suites - Colorado Street
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   326 East Colorado Street, Glendale, CA 91205 (Formerly Astro Glendale Motel)   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Seattle, Washington
“Just Right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

When they say you get what you pay for, this is it ! I had minimum expectation when I booked the hotel last minute as all the places I know near the area which were my preference were all sold out or fully booked. I had Glen Capri and another small hotel nearer to Americana at Brand in mind but when I compared the amenities, this one caters to the simplest detail better like iron and board, hair dryer, etc., which the other one that I am looking at were not very clearly stated. I read all the reviews on this property and I was surprised that it's better than how some has actually described it. The surrounding area is mostly private houses, apartment buildings, a church, a Govt. building and a Payless Store. It's 5 minutes walk to Americana. My Niece and I went about shopping, gallivanting and came back very late in the night sometimes walking and never had a mishap. Yes the rooms are outdated but they are clean, comfortable, we had fresh beddings and towels everyday. The Front Desk is quite accommodating with our needs from late check-out to extra towels. There has always been a maid in the premises and they were courteous. It was not as noisy as I have read in some of the reviews considering that we opted for a 1st floor room because of heavy luggage from my Niece. Guest are in and out during our stay especially in the night but it never bothered us. Beds are comfy, we slept well. Overall Glen Capri have given us a most pleasant experience on a budgeted hotel.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs and time of vacation, choose a room on the second floor if you're a ligh...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I travel to California every month for couple of nights and I stay at Glen Capri Inn & Suites located at 326 East Colorado Street, Glendale, CA 91205 I am very pleased with their location and rates. I would highly recommend Glen Capri Inn & Suites to anyone who travels to that location. Thank you

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I entered this review a little while ago, WHen I got teh confirmation email back I realized I had the wrong Glen Capri, which may account for the wide variations in reviews. This is for the one on Colorado Street, not San Frenando. On short notice AAA booked 4 nights at this "motel" for a total of $828 over New Year's. It has a 3 diamond rating from them. We arrived about 9 PM. The desk clerk was rude and there were dirty towels hanging from the back of his chair. He charged the full amount to my credit card then told me the room was second floor with no ADA accommodations. My friend and I lugged two 50# suitcases up two flights of stairs, past what looked like a hooker sitting at the top who refused to get out of the way. The room was to be a double. It stunk and was filthy. Apparently it must have been a "suite" in the past - kitchenette, etc. But now they had shoved in a second double bed perpendicular to the first. There was a cot, two refrigerators [one of which did not work] and a big plasma TV. The floors and bedspreads were at least 25 years old and dirty. Pictures to prove it. The plaster in the bath was falling off. While I tried to get us out of there my friend was in the room on the phone making other arrangements. She thought she saw a drug deal go down. And there was a string of police and emergency vehicles that went by. I am not a hotel snob but I have never seen such a poorly managed property. My friend got us 4 nights at the Glendale Hilton for $50 more total, for the room. We did have to pay $76 for self parking. But at least we knew the car would be there and intact in the morning. AAA gives the Hilton 4 diamonds. There is no comparison. DO not stay at this facility and do not believe anything they say on their website. I will be sorting this out with AAA tomorrow. I want my $103 back that they kept for "late cancellation."

Room Tip: Choose another place.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rhoon, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We've stayed in this place for 4 nights at the end of August and I am surprised about the latest reviews.. Our stay was perfect!
The manager is very polite and helpful, he helped us with directions, prints and anything we've asked. The room was very very clean, no bed bugs at all, no smells, the bed was comfortable and we did not heard noises at all.
The area is good, shops around and there is a street 5 minutes far full of restaurants. And there is a entrance to the parkway less than 10 minutes far from the place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were supposed to stay in a Best Western, but the manager called to say there was some sort of issue with the pipes, and offered to help us find a new place. Which I thought was a kind gesture, until we arrived at the "new place"...

The woman at the front desk seemed perfectly nice, except she was disappointed that we didn't pay cash and insisted we pay up front. (which always makes you feel comfortable...) The room was definitely bug infested. It was very loud even with the window closed, smelled bizarre and absolutely wasn't worth the price. The very next night we found a hotel room for the same rate on one of those discount sites that was frankly about a million times nicer. It's not the worst place we've ever stayed, but should be a lot cheaper for what it is.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Let me begin with saying that my husband and I are avid travellers and over the years we have lived in all kinds of situation. However, this particular place stands out in many ways than one. As I reached this hotel I was greeted in a friendly way which I liked but then when I saw the room it just disgusted me to the core. I mean the carpets were smelly, the restroom was terrible. On top of that the bed sheets gave this odor that kept us all up all night. Also, my toddler was playing with the phone to which the staff just barged in saying she was calling 911 (really she is two and can't recognize numbers or letter). This ticked me off. I mean it was not his home to just shove his way in and do what he wanted. But I guess that's the downside of being an Indian. We are always taken for granted by our own people. What a nightmare! I plead others to think a 100 times before choosing this hotel. I wish I could undo this from my memory forever!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is filthy n filled with HUGE bed bugs!!! Not to mention that service was CRAP!! N even with the filthy bed bugs the owner refuses to do a refund or offer any service to make up for it.. Don't go here especially if u have children!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Glen Capri Inn & Suites - Colorado Street? Share your experiences!