“Small but nice hotel will meet you with stairs” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Brandwood
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   339 1/2 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91203   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Emeryville, California
“Small but nice hotel will meet you with stairs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is nice and reasonably good. it's in the middle of the street with restaurants and in a walkable distance to Glendale Galleria mall.
If coming by car you should park on the second floor of BoFa parking behind the building (Lexington & Orange) and then bring your parking permit back to the car after checking in.
There are two unexpected flights of stairs from the door to the hallway with the check-in desk. Staff was nice and helpful.
I stayed at this hotel on my business trip and will definitely consider staying again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We showed up earlier than the check-in time. They were very nice about it and were able to get us into a room early, even thought they didn't have to. The bed was amazing and I wanted to take it home with me. The room was super cute and cozy. It was clean and I felt safe. I love that the Brandwood is a "green" hotel.

There was construction near the hotel that would start early in the morning. This noise was annoying but the Brandwood couldn't control that.

I'm not sure why people are complaining (stairs, the lack of views, etc). This isn't the Ritz. Do some research on the places you stay. If you have concerns about a hotel's accessibility, call ahead and ask. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If this hotel had an elevator I would stay here more often. You have to drag your bags up a flight of stairs (the hotel begins on the second story). Half way up you get in camera sight and the staff greet you and ask if you would like some help. The lobby is not air conditioned. Once in your room everything changes. Great decor, excellent linens, great bathroom. Close to everything on Brand, if you so not mind the hike.

• Stayed May 2014
San Luis Obispo, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We booked a room in April. I'm quite tech-savvy and can get around lots of websites, so I created an account to book the room. A week or so later, we changed our travel plans. I went online and I'm fairly certain that I did something that appeared to change the page. I didn't get a cancellation notice via email, so I logged back on a couple days later. Since I saw nothing show up after I logged in (I could no longer see the reservation I'd made), I assumed that the cancellation worked.
A night's lodging was just charged to my credit card. So it seems the reservation did not cancel, and I don't know why I could not see it when I logged in over a month ago to check on it.
Lesson learned: Call in a cancellation.
I just called the hotel and the woman I spoke to was very pleasant as she reminded me of the policies. Of course she can say that nothing in their system indicates I canceled the reservation. Something didn't work, that's for sure. I explained my experience when I thought I'd cancelled the reservation. Still I got the recitation of the policy. I understand the policy, and I was trying to abide by it.
Should have called to double check on the cancellation. Perhaps it's not reasonable of me to expect some consideration that I wasn't able to find the reservation a couple days after I did something online that seemed to make the reservation not visible to me a couple days later.
We didn't stay here but we still got charged for a night. Disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My spouse booked a room with Expedia on 4/3 and they said that hotel has "no accessibility and no elevator access for wheelchairs"--does not say that there is flight of stairs down from parking structure and 1.5 STEEP (according to reviews) stairs up to lobby. We were married on 4/4 and wanted to spend night in Glendale after Dodger ballgame on 4/6. I looked at hotel site last night and checked out reviews only to find steep stair issue--spouse is 73 and still recovering from broken neck, crushed femur and crushed metacarpal injuries. She can walk and does not use a wheelchair so she thought it would be okay. She was unaware of STEEP STAIRS both from parking structure and to hotel lobby for check in. Called hotel and they would not give me manager name and refused to accept cancellation without paying full price for room. We are not paying and we will fight this not just for us but also for other elderly and disabled folks. Hope you all agree. Notice must be given!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brown's Pt, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was excited about this last minute room in Glendale. But it's really hard to find and impossible to figure out how to park as there is no parking out front. They do provide a pass for a lot behind them, but you have to get inside and up the steep stairs first. The room was super small. It was ok, but smelled funny. They keyed me and sent me down the hall, then a staff said the room I was headed toward was not ready. The staff was very nice and helpful, but I did have visions of being stabbed in the middle of the night. It turned out to be fine, but was represented as far nicer than reality. I was traveling alone and felt fine walking the street at night down to the Galleria and Adult Disneyland (The Americana) but it was sketchier around the hood than I expected as I used to live in the area in the 80's.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Beautiful room, nice boutique feel to the place, great location, VERY helpful staff, free parking. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Only downsides are the lack of an elevator and there should be check-in parking on the street.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Brandwood? Share your experiences!