“Good Chicken” 4 of 5 stars

818-637-7751
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's of Manila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 401 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Filipino, Philippine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Good Chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am married to a Filipina, and we agree this is one of the better places outside of the Philippines. It is hard to compare over there to here. Different ingredients are provided in different regions, but this is a very good substitution.
Try the Chocolate meat! It is my favorite. (It isn't chocolate)

Visited August 2012

California
“good food decent prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

like most of the food here, have eaten here several times.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pasadena, California
“A bit pricy, but I guess it's worth it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

A bit pricy, but their food is worth it. If you need that homecooked Filipino food, then you gotta try out Max's. Order the Kare Kare and the Lechon and you should be good. Don't forget to get you Halo-Halo for dessert!

Visited March 2011
Manila, Philippines
“A reliable Filipinop restaurant in Glendale, ca.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Authentic taste, full menu, clean and nice Filipino restaurant in Glendale. Spacious parking and service is friendly. Definitely on top of my Favorite Filipino restaurants in the area. Price and wait can be a bit challenging.

Visited December 2011
Eugene, Oregon
“We loved this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We dined on a Saturday night, and when we arrived, the line of people waiting was out the front door. The restaurant provides valet parking, but the lot looked full, so we parked 3 blocks away. After we got on the waiting list, they handed us a pager, which I appreciated. Considering how long the line was, we got a table in 15 minutes. The staff was very friendly, and our server (unfortunately I forgot her name) was great. My Wife is from the Philippines and she was very anxious to try the food. The wait for the food wasn't long, which surprised me considering how crowded it was. The food did not disappoint. My Wife just loved it, and so did I. The atmosphere is Family friendly and the food is served in serving dishes, kind of Family style. This is a Filipino food restaurant, and we gave the restaurant 5 out of 5 stars.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere