“Good Chinese Food, Good Prices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #161 of 397 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Chinese
Clinton, NY
“Good Chinese Food, Good Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I went to the Fortune Inn for lunch with my son, his wife, and my toddler grandson. We did lunch on a Sunday, so it was not very busy (which was what we had in mind since we were bringing the little one along). The restaurant looks pretty fancy and is right downtown. The food and service were very good and we had so much food that we wound up taking some home. It would probably be a lovely place for a special dinner. I would recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tijuana, Mexico
“Consistently tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We don't eat onions or garlic so it's been a particular treat to find a Chinese restaurant willing and able to prepare dishes off their menu to order. Fortune Inn has not only been willing to do so but they have never given us attitude about this and the chefs have always gone the extra mile to prepare tasty, well-prepared and presented dishes. It's gone through a change of ownership recently which can often be the kiss of death for restaurants. So far, though, Fortune Inn's kitchen and service standards remain high and in place. This is one our favorite restaurants in the Los Angeles metro area and it's well sorth a visit. A definite plus too are the nearby Glendale municipal parking lots where the first 90 minutes are free...unheard of in L.A.!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Redwood City, California
“Great Place for Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been coming to TFI for over 19 years now. It has a nice feel, great staff, great food and the hand dipped white chocolate fortune cookies is the perfect way to finish the meal. I highly recommend TFI to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California, Usa
“Really good Chinese food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We didn't think we'd find a good Chinese restaurant in Glendalr, but we did!!! We're slowly working our way through the extensive menu, and we haven't found anything yet that we wouldn't ( or haven't ) ordered again. Some of our faves includes the paper-wrapped chicken appetizer, and anything on the Chef's Specials.

Visited December 2012
Glendale, California
“I used to really like this place, but ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2007

I really enjoyed Fortune Inn since its opening. The ambience leaves something to be desired, but the food is excellent. I have brought many, many friends to this restaurant, some of them San Franciscans who are used to superlative Chinese food, and they have, without exception, raved about it.

Therefore I think everyone should understand my shock and dismay at what happened to me a couple of months ago. I am quite a big guy, and as I was leaving the restaurant, the maitre d', while holding the door open for me, said, "Most people eat to live. You live to eat."

I have not returned to Fortune Inn since, and I don't plan to.