“Clean and Comfy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale

You added Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1377 West Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201 (Formerly Homestead Glendale/Burbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Glendale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SoCal
“Clean and Comfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We did a last-minute, late-night check-in due to a plumbing leak in our condo building that flooded our bedroom. So glad ESA had an available room! The front desk staff was personable and chech-in was a breeze, the room was seriously clean, bed was comfortable. The food selections at the Grab and Go breakfast the next morning was great.

• Stayed August 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are so thrilled to hear that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I chose this place to stay in my home town when I had to be out of my house for a few days during a remodel, and I could bring my pet with me for an additional charge rather than having to board her. The other pet friendly choice in the price range gets terrible reviews and has inconvenient parking, although it does have a few more onsite amenities including housekeeping and is about $25 a night cheaper.

The physical quality of this facility is very nice. My queen bed room wasn't big but it was laid out pretty well. A good useful little kitchen, nice new furnishings, clean and attractively decorated. Parking is very convenient once you're checked in and have key card access to a few other entry doors besides the lobby.

Service isn't this property's superpower. Promises of call back, or time to bring up amenities ordered to the room weren't kept. "10 minutes" was more than an hour on two occasions dealing with the front desk, and might have been longer had I not either called back or stopped by the desk. Also when ordering amenities, some of what was promised (coffee filter packs, dishtowels) weren't provided.

There is no housekeeping for guests there for less than a week, which was fine with me in principle since I had a pet in the room and didn't want them in the room when I was out. But for an average price of $130 a night in a non-resort area, plus the $25 per night pet supplement I paid, it seemed a little bit pricey. It's a self service motel/hotel all the way.

In room amenities are also pretty spartan. Teeny little shampoo and conditioner. Definitely one or two uses at most. I brought my own. No paper towels, no in room coffee provided although you can order a coffee maker free of charge. (Along with plates, cups, utensils, coffee maker, toaster, frying pan.) One ice tray provided. No ice machine in hotel.

Very little staff on site at any one time from what I could tell, so you'll need to manage your bags and be patient when you need something. If you need more towels, you take your used ones to the front desk to exchange for fresh ones.

If you want, you can get "grab and go breakfast" which is coffee or tea downstairs, fruit, and packaged breakfast pastries in the lobby from 6 to 930. Free parking. Free wifi, but it was too slow for me to use efficiently so I gave up and used cell data for my tablet and cell.

Bed is REALLY hard which is fine for me personally as I have a bad back, but might bother some people. It squeaked when moving on it, but no big deal. The room smelled weird, but in fairness it was a smoking room that also accommodates pets, so the odor was probably a function of some cleaning product used to neutralize that. A/C unit on the wall was loud but worked ok on hot August days, and the window opens a little bit, but it's a busy street, so that could also get loud. Water pressure was fair. No problem with hot water, but had trouble getting it to be cold water. Full size fridge, microwave, two burner stove, quite a lot of storage in drawers and cabinets and shelves, although the closet is just average size with a half dozen hangers.

Not very sound proofed. My neighbors one night must have slammed their door two dozen times in the space of 3 hours, and it literally made the bed shake and scared the beejeezus out of my cat. Also could hear tantrum throwing children and people conversing in hallways.

The TV was apparently permanently set on power saver and would shut itself off every two hours or so. It's a flat screen but not HD. You get basic cable, plus a couple of premium channels. (Channel guide provided on a card in the room was inaccurate.)

Location is in a decent commercial area on a busy street. There is a bus line, but I had my car so I don't know how convenient it is for getting around town. There are several chain fast food places, donut shop, mini mart, pizza joint etc. within walking distance. Restaurant next door is closed so hopefully for travelers looking to walk to a sit down restaurant, something else will move in.

I'm giving this 4 stars because it's the rooms themselves are very attractive, pretty comfortable and clean on check in. Once I shopped for needed staples, I was comfortable there. But I felt like it was pretty expensive for spartan, or really almost no guest service once you check in.

If you need a place with a kitchenette and/or that is pet friendly in the area, you have a car to get to a market to stock up what you need for food, drink, hygiene products, or if you are satisfied with using the fast food places and minimarts within walking distance, I would recommend it as one of the better options in Glendale.

Book as early as possible for the best deal. My price went up by 40 dollars within a week of first checking prices, nailing down my contractors' schedule and finally booking it. and another 20 dollars increase when I had to add a day. I requested a two hour late checkout but was only allowed one without additional charge which seemed a little strange because on my checkout day, the place appeared almost completely empty, checkout time is 11 and checkin at 3. I actually had to book an extra day I didn't even stay because I needed to get out of the house and in a room in the morning, and they wouldn't commit to an early check in. They're strict on it apparently, full occupancy or not.

Room Tip: Book early for best price and choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay overall; however, I do apologize that you received poor service from my staff and that our hotel's amenities did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with my staff to review customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at gld@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

If you are on a family trip this is not for you, I stayed 2 nights and it seemed that this is the "after party" hotel of the area.
Both nights there was drunk people in and out of their rooms screaming and knocking on doors, slamming them and of course we didn't get much rest
I booked a not refundable rate ( wasn't cheap either ) so I have to stayed there both nights, I don't recommend this as a family hotel, but it looked like the after party guests did enjoyed it so if you're in the area for a wedding or just to party this migth suit your needs

Stayed August 2014
Modesto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The rooms were small. The kitchen is decent but with bringing food in, we got ants the first night, which they then had to spray for. The people are very nice and helpful which is the best thing about that hotel. I hated that the rooms aren't cleaned everyday and that I had to ask for towels from the front desk everyday. It wasn't a big deal just an inconvenience especially when your tired and just want to shower and go to bed. The grab and go breakfast was always out of coffee and was very simple with pre-packaged granola bars and muffins. Very simple. There was grocery stores and fast food places to eat at which was a great. Overall I think the price should be a little less for the quality of the room but not a outrageous price.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is better as it is located near exits, laundry, and breakfast bar area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Corvallis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

For us, good location. Next to DMV.We needed to go to Sherman Oaks, and be close to family. The room, listed as a suite, was on the small side, similar to a studio. No desk or table but with kitchenette there was decent counter space. Bathroom very crowded.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

One of the reasons I chose this hotel was because of the fact that all of their rooms are supposed to include a refrigerator and a kitchen, not to mention the on-site - 24 hour accessible coin operated laundry machines. When traveling with young children, these are amenities that save time, money and alleviate stress for me.

I booked a reservation through Trip Advisor/Expedia.Com for Extended Stay America in Glendale, CA. I reserved a non-smoking room (I think nowadays everything in Hotels in Calif is supposed to be non-smoking), with two Queen sized beds. Everything online went smoothly. I did not contact the hotel before arriving.

We (the family and I) arrived at almost 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon and had no problem checking in. The woman at the front counter (Evelyn) was very nice and explained their policies and service.

Got the family and luggage and went to our room on the first floor. The room was clean and aired out. However, we were given a room with a Cal-King bed and a pull out sofa. The hotel was completely booked so we couldn't get a room with two Queen sized beds. Evelyn tried to find us a roll away bed but none were available. She offered us blankets and pillows for the pull out sofa and offered a voucher for a future free night stay at any Extended Stay America Hotel.

Well, we all stayed in the room. Things worked out with some compromise. The room was pretty clean. We always travel with a specialized UV (black light) to check for stains/proteins that could indicate ICK.

I'm happy to say the bedspread, carpets, sofa, sheets, towels, floors, sinks, shower, stove, doors, refrigerator and freezer, chairs, shower curtain and almost all of the walls checked out great. There's always at least a few detectable spots on the bathroom wall - I have never been to a place that was completely clean in this area, but I will say that this hotel had the least amount of detectable issues on the bathroom wall, than any other place we have stayed at.

Overall, with the voucher and all points considered, good value for the money. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Conveniently located, clean and pleasant. An easy and restful stay. Glendale is close to a lot of very enjoyable LA neighborhoods. This hotel is less expensive than most and offers full kitchens. A good value

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you were pleased with our location, your fully equipped kitchen and the cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale? Share your experiences!